Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Got the smack down from a c6 lol

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2011, 11:51 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by sujomatt
You hung with a C6 for 7 seconds? I call BS on the time table lol. But good death standing your ground
why BS? if it was a LS3 then maybe but a LS2 it sounds just about right. My old Full bolt on, Tuned WS6 ran dead even with many stock LS2 vettes up until about 120+ and then they would start a slight pull but noting to serious.
Old 12-14-2011, 12:49 AM
12 Second Club

Vettes are slow.
Old 12-14-2011, 07:31 AM
10 Second Club

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by 67RSCamaroVette
He's got a stall, should do pretty well frum roll, compared to a stock stall in the dead spot. My 3200 TCS stall flashes QUICK, turbo spools instantly, and instant tire smoke.. does the same thing at 60.. a stall works wonders.
Yep no doubt its better not only from a dig but highway speeds to. Very happy with the ss3600.

Originally Posted by sweet99ss
People who say that know nothing about cars. Just saying.... 45mph roll isn't the best spot to race an auto from either though. Either 25 or 55 is a good roll spot with 3.23's in f-bodies. Get a cam in there and you will be the one pulling up top!
Yea I wasnt going to respond to that comment. I dont bash manuals. Theres times I wish I had one...highway rolls and mpg but im happy with my auto most of the time. I beat up on cars with alot more power at stoplights its great. Dont have to worry about shifting when im with the lady getting a nice hummer its all good
Hell yea I want a cam. A good set of heads also

Easy for you to say lol. It isn't to hard in - d/a maybe, but when the best d/a you get is 2000 ft above it makes it a little more challenging. My brother is going for 11's with bolt-ons in 2500 ft d/a. If he ran in the negative d/a you had he would be 11.8's.
Oh yea dont get me wrong I understand that. Im not claiming my car is super freak or anything. It ran what it ran in the da it ran whatever lol.

Originally Posted by SincalT/A
Converter choice will make or break a autos sweet spot.With only a few mods my cars sweet spot is 1st 0-20 2nd 40-50 3rd pulls relatively hard from 80 up.Currently running a ss4000 with 3.23's but,I did run a Circle D 3200 which was better more at the top of each gear.
This was my first stalled auto. I was going to go with a pt4000 for these type of situations on the highway but was worried about going to big. So I went with ss3600. I love it but I wonder what the pt4000 would have been like.

Originally Posted by NiteRiderWS6
I would say you right where you should be as far as times. My buddy had a 02 Z28 with full bolt ons, tune, gears and a SS3600 stall and he went 12.4@112 before the stall and 12.1@113 with the stall and DR's at full weight. Far from a record tho lol
He must have ran in some good da huh? My car before the stall full weight did 12.6 in -1000 da.
People usually assume I have a ss4000 stall when they see 11s. The car probably would of had 11s no problem with a 4k stall.
Yes I think I would of had to do a 11.7-11.6 to get on the top 50 stock internal. So still far from any record lol

why BS? if it was a LS3 then maybe but a LS2 it sounds just about right. My old Full bolt on, Tuned WS6 ran dead even with many stock LS2 vettes up until about 120+ and then they would start a slight pull but noting to serious.

Yea see thats the thing. After we were door to door once he started to pull it was no contest. The top end of that vette was strong. It wasnt a weak walk away more like a runaway lol
Old 12-14-2011, 07:42 AM
TECH Resident

I was at work with a headcold (still have it), I honestly forgot about LS2 C6's. I wasn't trying to be a dick or anything like that lol.

OP, where in CT are you from? I am in Glastonbury a stones throw from the pike. We should meet up this spring if you're down.
Old 12-14-2011, 07:49 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by sujomatt
I was at work with a headcold (still have it), I honestly forgot about LS2 C6's. I wasn't trying to be a dick or anything like that lol.

OP, where in CT are you from? I am in Glastonbury a stones throw from the pike. We should meet up this spring if you're down.
Norwich
I was just in your town trying to get a job at hart mechanical on Mon.
Yea theres a couple other guys who wanna meet up from ct. We should all do that. Maybe even have a cruise up to the track or something
Old 12-14-2011, 07:59 AM
TECH Resident

Oh nice lol - I actually used to work at Computer Sciences Corporation in Norwich a few years back. The drive got old fast. I hate Route 2 lol
Old 12-14-2011, 08:14 AM
10 Second Club

That must be in the industrial park? I dont mind rt2 theres lots of long straight aways. I get to your town 30-40 min not bad at all!
Old 12-14-2011, 08:24 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

but when the best d/a you get is 2000 ft above it makes it a little more challenging. My brother is going for 11's with bolt-ons in 2500 ft d/a. If he ran in the negative d/a you had he would be 11.8's.
there is a lot of trut h the the da statement. my old a4 car went 12.0s @ 111 @ 2250' here in good old indiana. i never cared enough to get it out in the cold months. correcting to sea level is good for an idea, but i don't think it was that fast. the calculator i used said the car would've gone 11.7s @ 113. it still had a raceweight of over 3500lbs. da makes a difference in the outcome for sure, but trying to correct a time seems like something that is very hard to do. there are a lot of factors to consider. i think they correct too much.

i love stalled autos. m6s are great until you want a 1.5x 60', then you're looking at spending half the value of the car on parts just to withstand such a launch.
Old 12-14-2011, 09:13 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by senicalj4579
I would of loved to see what happens from a dig. Ill bet it would of looked even better for me.
I had my passenger window down on the 2nd run and all I could hear was my ory and borla sound bouncing off the side of his car lol. No, it didnt sound modded at all.

Also FWIW my car is 3200lbs and he did have a passenger in the car.

Yes once we were more up top he started pulling and then freakin gone. My car was doing 12.0s in 60f weather. Da was +500 during that time.

Oh man like I said in original post I wasnt paying attention to the speeds but I can tell you once he started to pull he was freaking gone. On the first race I jumped out on him and the saw him pulling from behind. Once he started to pull I saw how fast it was gonna be over. So once he pased me I let out.

Yea thats what I was thinking unless he was a super driver? See this is the times I wish I had a manual. Highway rolls and mpg.

Its far from a record dude. I dont even make the top 50 list. My car is 3200lbs without me. Im 210.
The same car did 12.0 in -1200 da full weight.
Heres the 2nd best 11.9 that same night.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WsG2UrUS7sw

https://ls1tech.com/forums/11-second...id-inside.html

Well slowhawks mustang dyno reads low so they say. My car dynoed 337rwh and 343rwt on another dyno before the stall.

Its really not that hard.
Thats pretty damn fast for a minor bolt on fbod...I was under the impression those were H/C/I type numbers. Wheres the nos?? I see your cutting a pretty good 60' so that prob helps a lot. Congrats!
Old 12-14-2011, 09:38 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by PBMGTO
Thats pretty damn fast for a minor bolt on fbod...I was under the impression those were H/C/I type numbers. Wheres the nos?? I see your cutting a pretty good 60' so that prob helps a lot. Congrats!
Thanks. Nahhh man theres tons of f bodies doing these times and better but like what has already been said the da has alot to do with it. If I ran in -1000 da like alot of the top 50 stock internal guys I bet I would of at least bumped #50 off the list. My car responds better to a drop in the da better than what the calculators say. Im guessing the cai ssra has alot to do with that.