Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

C6Z06 vs 458 Italia

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2011, 11:18 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ive read some comparisons with a Z06 and ZR1 and yes the ZR1 is way more expensive then a Z06. Most people who buy those cars can easily afford it and dont care soo much they can make a regular LS3 vette go just as fast if not faster but that its a factory car with warranty and you dont see that many of them around even though its no ferrari or lambo. Also if anyone thinks a Z06 is close in acceleration to a ZR1 is sadly mistaken. Ive driven both often back to back and without a doubt the ZR1 is noticably faster not by a little. What happens is these cars acclerate so fast from 50-150 that after a few seconds race is over and take a slight mistake or slow shift by a ZR1 driver to equal the cars. The ZR1 acceleration is brutal past 3k and pulls hard all the way to the top, so does a Z06 and has good powerband all the way through cant really take anything away from either car. If i can afford it i would buy a ZR1 but maybe one day i might be able to afford a Z06. This isnt directed to anyone in particular just my opinion since i drive these cars. GM did a great job coming out with a factory supercharged vette and a N/A vette.
Old 12-24-2011, 11:41 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by audacious nick
Oh ****, a forced induction induction vehicle that's two years newer can beat a Viper, which is naturally aspirated, in a straight line? Is that supposed to be impressive? How about the 20,000 dollar price difference? Hmmm...

And yet that same Viper, two years older and $20,000 less, still beats the ZR1 in the true trial of a car...on a circuit. On THE circuit.

Sorry, the ZR1 isn't that impressive. And the $20,000 dollar difference, apply it to modifying the car, and it would yield a Viper that would murder the ZR1 on a drag strip. Especially if you added Forced induction.

The only thing the ZR1 has on the Viper is that it is a friendlier car to drive on the street. But both the ZR1 and the Viper aren't really DD material.
Since when did the ACR cost $20k less than the ZR1? You might want to go back and check your facts on that.

And yes, the ACR was very impressive around the 'ring, but did you see where recently a stone stock to the tires ZR1 went 10.66 in the quarter-mile? A GenVI Viper can't touch that, not even with its Ginormous 515 cubic-inch, 8.4L 10-cylinder.
Old 12-24-2011, 11:56 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Killemall
what I see now is a supercharged ls2 sitten in a z06 body with a hole in the hood and suspension upgrades. Just dosent do anything for me the way the z06 has
You mean L76/LS3/L92 not LS2.
Old 12-25-2011, 06:25 AM
Staging Lane

i guess dodge has to have a v10 in order to compete...they say, well a ZR1 has a supercharger, my viper doesn't...yeah but your viper has a v10...it's amazing how so many closed minded people only look at there point of view...again, i love both cars and would be happy with owning any of them...but that ugly *** spoiler on the back of the ACR is ricer to me imao....i'm not basing my judgement on the 'ring results....i'm basing my taste on the quarter and looks, and the viper could not beat out the ZR1 in my book...but i do respect other people's taste as well...
Old 12-25-2011, 12:21 PM
ASSuming On The Tree

Originally Posted by BLWNV10
Since when did the ACR cost $20k less than the ZR1? You might want to go back and check your facts on that.

And yes, the ACR was very impressive around the 'ring, but did you see where recently a stone stock to the tires ZR1 went 10.66 in the quarter-mile? A GenVI Viper can't touch that, not even with its Ginormous 515 cubic-inch, 8.4L 10-cylinder.
Whoops, I don't know why I was thinking the ZR1 was $120k. It's a $5,000 difference. That's still a decent amount.

http://www.autoblog.com/2009/03/25/o...nd-quarter-mi/

10.92, stock. That's pretty close, if I must say.
Old 12-25-2011, 12:29 PM
ASSuming On The Tree

Originally Posted by 41863nj
i guess dodge has to have a v10 in order to compete...they say, well a ZR1 has a supercharger, my viper doesn't...yeah but your viper has a v10...it's amazing how so many closed minded people only look at there point of view...again, i love both cars and would be happy with owning any of them...but that ugly *** spoiler on the back of the ACR is ricer to me imao....i'm not basing my judgement on the 'ring results....i'm basing my taste on the quarter and looks, and the viper could not beat out the ZR1 in my book...but i do respect other people's taste as well...
You do realize you're the one being close-minded, right? Here's why: You see a wing on a stock Japanese car, usually front wheel drive, and know it's useless. And so you call it "rice". But that "ricer" put that wing on their car because they saw a wing on an actual race car, and decided to copy it.

That wing is not "ricer", it's what's used to help generate the massive downforce that it needs to get traction at high speeds.

The Viper ACR isn't designed to compete in a quarter mile, it's meant to destroy all other cars on the track. And it still does just that.
Old 12-25-2011, 12:59 PM
11 Second Club

Whoops, I don't know why I was thinking the ZR1 was $120k. It's a $5,000 difference. That's still a decent amount.

http://www.autoblog.com/2009/03/25/o...nd-quarter-mi/

10.92, stock. That's pretty close, if I must say.
Actually, in 2010 (last year of the ACR) both cars had an identical starting price of $109k. Merry Christmas.
Old 12-25-2011, 01:01 PM
***Repost Police***

And even $5k isn't much difference in that price category
Old 12-25-2011, 03:36 PM
ASSuming On The Tree

Originally Posted by Irunelevens
And even $5k isn't much difference in that price category
$5,000 will still get you decent mods.
I was looking at the 2008 Viper ACR, though. 2010 Did run for 110,000.
Old 12-25-2011, 08:58 PM
Launching!

Headers intake and tune will set you back 5k on a gen4 viper and put you at 600 rwhp sae. Thats a mild bolt on egine makeing 700 crank hp. Thats sick

What does the zr1 do with 5k.... 650 rwhp?
Old 12-25-2011, 11:34 PM
Staging Lane

nick..all i said was that i do not like the way it looks...to bad if i hurt any feelings...it's my 2 cents...i love the way the viper's look, just not the ACR...and yes it does beat all on the track, never said it didn't...not being close minded, just expressing my feelings about a preference is all...just like killemall keeps expressing his dislike for the ZR1...and i know all about why that ''wing'' is there...functional, hell yeah...ugly as all hell though imao...

just think a regular SRT10 is so much sexier then the ACR...and also think killemall's viper is much better looking then that ACR...i respect what it can do, just wish it didn't come that way...ok...hope i cleared that up for you, and i wouldn't be a member at the best forum ever if i didn't know why they needed that wing in the first place...merry christmas...
Old 12-26-2011, 12:22 PM
ASSuming On The Tree

Originally Posted by 41863nj
nick..all i said was that i do not like the way it looks...to bad if i hurt any feelings...it's my 2 cents...i love the way the viper's look, just not the ACR...and yes it does beat all on the track, never said it didn't...not being close minded, just expressing my feelings about a preference is all...just like killemall keeps expressing his dislike for the ZR1...and i know all about why that ''wing'' is there...functional, hell yeah...ugly as all hell though imao...

just think a regular SRT10 is so much sexier then the ACR...and also think killemall's viper is much better looking then that ACR...i respect what it can do, just wish it didn't come that way...ok...hope i cleared that up for you, and i wouldn't be a member at the best forum ever if i didn't know why they needed that wing in the first place...merry christmas...
I was only saying you were close-minded because you likened the wing to a ricer, whereas it's the opposite.
And sometimes you have to sacrifice looks for function. Personally, I think the ACR looks downright mean. But it'd look odd just to drive it around on the street, because then all those aero parts are just going to waste.

But you're right about the mods you could get for the ZR1: Pulley, headers, CAI, and a tune would equal a decent power upgrade. Maybe even enough to get the heads ported. The Viper would get a CAI, headers, and a tune with the same money. Maybe some head Porting. As far as the ZR1 or a Viper ACR go, if you can afford it new, you can probably afford the go-fast parts too.
Old 12-26-2011, 12:39 PM
Launching!

Received 41 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by Killemall
What does the zr1 do with 5k.... 650 rwhp?
You're not actually that dumb are you?
Old 12-26-2011, 01:10 PM
Staging Lane

But you're right about the mods you could get for the ZR1: Pulley, headers, CAI, and a tune would equal a decent power upgrade. Maybe even enough to get the heads ported. The Viper would get a CAI, headers, and a tune with the same money. Maybe some head Porting. As far as the ZR1 or a Viper ACR go, if you can afford it new, you can probably afford the go-fast parts too.
Headers and cold air gains are minimal on the ZR1. Guys are going 9's @ 140+ w/ stock manifols and intake. I'd spend the extra cash on a blower snout and lower pulley and there you have it...9 second e.t.'s and still under factory warranty.
Old 12-27-2011, 11:43 AM
Staging Lane

NICK..you're right about that, if you can afford the car , you can afford the parts...imagine paying $35,000 for a new set of tires for a bugatti !!!!!....i guess paying between 1-2 million for the car it wouldn't matter...and as far as acceration is concerned, i was always under the impression that the ACR was a little quicker then the standard viper....just not in top end which is 177mph, also have never seen a viper run 10.66 in the quarter stock before....not saying it isn't possible...

but killemall said show a video of a ZR1 stock pulling on a stock viper...ok show me a video of a stock viper running mid 10's...anything is possible under the right conditions, track prep and driver mod all those things attribute to great time slips...and like BLWNV10 said above, 9's are possible with just a few mods...
Old 12-27-2011, 08:12 PM
Staging Lane

LT / LS GUY....awesome...hey killemall... there's your proof...oh what ??? the driver of the viper cannot drive ???...huh...he drove alright the first time...mechanical faliure???....the only faliure here is that a stock ZR1 is quicker then a modded viper...now let's see what would have happened if they added all the mods to the ZR1 that was on the viper...one word : raped.

and on another note LT /LS GUY...love your ride, a friend owned a v6 challenger and sold it saying he wouldn't buy a v8 'cause there slow...well 12.47@114.00 stock is not slow....i'm going to show him your car, should shut him up...lololol...
Old 12-28-2011, 06:15 AM
Launching!

All I saw on that vid was that the viper trapped 128 and the zr1 126. Also the viper looked much sexier from the rear.

Dig runs mean very little. I used to beat my buddies 455 rwhp z06 in my 457 rwhp viper from a dig 3 outta 4 times. But from a 50-140 roll he put 2.5 cars on me 9 outta10 times.

One day well see a vid of a stock viper and stock zr1 roll racin..... One day
Old 12-28-2011, 06:17 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by sw07gt
You're not actually that dumb are you?
Figured since 550 stock then a pully change headers and tune would gain 100 rwhp?
Old 12-28-2011, 11:41 PM
Staging Lane

killemall...please tell me you're joking ???!!!!.....dig races mean very little !!!!!....ooook...what would you consider ''meaning something''...100 mph on up...what the hell do races from a roll mean, hell i say race from a dig first, then from a roll...and if i were racing a ZR1 from a roll i think i would have a lot less chance of winning then from a dig...he's already rolling...his supercharger is pressured, i mean come on, i would much rather race one from a dig....hopefully he spins...i'll never understand your logic, it could hit you right in the face and you refuse to accept it...amazing...and who cares what it trapped, it lost and was modded...or did you forget that ????

on another note...isn't it great that thread started out as a Z06 VS A FERRARI 458...now look at it, once again it's viper vs 'vette...
Old 12-29-2011, 12:31 AM
Launching!

Ive been street racing 14 years now. The guys I roll with theres more honar in your cars ability than the drivers ability. Most of the guys actually cant drag race for sh*t. The fact that my buddies z06 beat me from rolls and my viper beat him from stops simply means that I may have beena slightly better driver of my car than he was of his but ultimately his car was faster.

Thesres some amazeing driver out there ina suspensioned and drag radialed 390 rwhp camaro that could beat my car from 0 to 1320 feet every time. But my cars still faster.

On a roll hed be dusted.

Quick Reply: C6Z06 vs 458 Italia