Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Supercharged C5 vs GTR (video) (dig and finish)

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2012, 10:34 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thats a nasty 300. Period
Old 01-19-2012, 11:40 AM
TECH Apprentice

It has a set of mild hks cams in it, or so claimed the owners friend. i believe he is building it in stages... Not everyone can run to AMS or SP and throw cash...lol. The owner looks to me like a spoiled kid and mommy and daddy bought the car... GTR builds get up there in price pretty quick...We have heard that black GTR runs low 11's at MIR. As far as the handicap portion... I mean the owner of the car has no hands... He is missing from the bottom of the elbow down. i will probably go to hell for this but i was cracking up watching him shift the paddles driving down 495...lol. I did cams in my Nissans enroute to a built motor before upgrading the snails... but i want to see what did what... you cant understand what you just upgraded to going from stock to full blown monster... its like sex... ease into it before you push it to the redline... just my opinion...lol

Originally Posted by Steve C.
I seriously doubt the GTR is "cammed." The VR38DETT is not an LS motor. Replacing the cams isnt a go-to modification. Replacing the cams (plural) is not as simple as replacing the cam(singular) in an LS1. Nobody modifiying GTRs wastes the time and money to replace cams on a basic bolt on car for minimal power gains. If it was a fully built engine with upgraded turbos....then maybe. But the GTR in the video sure didnt look like a highly-modified GTR.

What do you mean by the owner of the car is handicap? Like he can't figure out the launch control and paddle shifter? Or is he literally a disabled person? Just curious

Last edited by NOLAG05; 01-19-2012 at 11:58 AM.
Old 01-19-2012, 12:22 PM

Any info on the 300C? Looked like it moved out!
Old 01-19-2012, 01:34 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by NOLAG05
It has a set of mild hks cams in it, or so claimed the owners friend. i believe he is building it in stages... Not everyone can run to AMS or SP and throw cash...lol. The owner looks to me like a spoiled kid and mommy and daddy bought the car... GTR builds get up there in price pretty quick...We have heard that black GTR runs low 11's at MIR. As far as the handicap portion... I mean the owner of the car has no hands... He is missing from the bottom of the elbow down. i will probably go to hell for this but i was cracking up watching him shift the paddles driving down 495...lol. I did cams in my Nissans enroute to a built motor before upgrading the snails... but i want to see what did what... you cant understand what you just upgraded to going from stock to full blown monster... its like sex... ease into it before you push it to the redline... just my opinion...lol
Yea GTR builds get expensive quick. I'm not saying he doesn't have cams, I'm just saying I doubt it. I realize people just can't go down to AMS and spend a fortune --- a set of cams on a BPU car is not bang for your buck. In my personal opinion, it would be really dumb to pay nearly 3 grand for cams & vavletrain parts + labor to install all that. http://www.speedforsale.com/nissangt...66p24hl1cs7qf7 Let's call it $3500 for cams... Not a buget spender. I don't have cams in my gtr lol.
Old 01-19-2012, 01:39 PM
TECH Regular

I you have fee time and care to do so; go on the GTR forums and look/ask who is running aftermarket cams on stock turbos. I have never heard of any until now.
Old 01-19-2012, 02:00 PM
TECH Apprentice

You pulled up speed for sale site...lol. Thats my buddy Jeremy's site from Atlanta... He is pretty good guy! He set up the first ZNationals round up a while back... But like i said... i don't know if the owners friend was watchin fast and furious to much and thought it would be kool to say but a new GTR running low 11's to me still sounds pretty close to stock... intake, exhaust, some 93 and a tune... If i had a new GTR i would do this mod...lol http://www.z1motorsports.com/GTR/pro...oducts_id=5404

Sorry for the thread jackin...

Originally Posted by Steve C.
Yea GTR builds get expensive quick. I'm not saying he doesn't have cams, I'm just saying I doubt it. I realize people just can't go down to AMS and spend a fortune --- a set of cams on a BPU car is not bang for your buck. In my personal opinion, it would be really dumb to pay nearly 3 grand for cams & vavletrain parts + labor to install all that. http://www.speedforsale.com/nissangt...66p24hl1cs7qf7 Let's call it $3500 for cams... Not a buget spender. I don't have cams in my gtr lol.
Old 01-19-2012, 02:04 PM
TECH Apprentice

all i can do is state the facts... its fast!! She's procharged... anything else and the owner will slash my tires...lol

Originally Posted by ScreaminRedZ
Any info on the 300C? Looked like it moved out!
Old 01-20-2012, 10:10 AM

Originally Posted by NOLAG05
all i can do is state the facts... its fast!! She's procharged... anything else and the owner will slash my tires...lol
Lol, no problem with that. I don't mind guys who don't disclose their mods, I just hate people who lie about them.

PSM and I both got our clocks cleaned a few years back by a Procharged 300C at the track. It was running low 11's on stock tires. I saw him the next year after he put a tire on it and it was running deep 10's. Haven't seen it in a while, but it was a badass car.
Old 01-20-2012, 11:50 AM
TECH Apprentice

Are you in the DC, VA, MD area? She was running a whipple last season. We also have a fully built GTR that
goes deep into the 8 second group...lol.

Originally Posted by ScreaminRedZ
Lol, no problem with that. I don't mind guys who don't disclose their mods, I just hate people who lie about them.

PSM and I both got our clocks cleaned a few years back by a Procharged 300C at the track. It was running low 11's on stock tires. I saw him the next year after he put a tire on it and it was running deep 10's. Haven't seen it in a while, but it was a badass car.
Old 01-20-2012, 12:03 PM

New England. This was at LVD and I remember the car had some kind of scoop or shaker in the hood.
Old 01-21-2012, 07:35 AM
TECH Enthusiast

God damn, the GTR transmission are just cheating lol You have to bring alot more to the table then them if you hope to win, I never wanna run one thats for sure lol