Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Cammed '10 SS vs 2012 5.0 vs C6 Grand Sport *video*

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2012, 12:01 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by sweetC5
...Take the hit back from the stang and start even and the stang gets smoked by both... just saying LOL
i wouldnt say "smoked", it looks like they pulled a bit in the middle of the race but then just stopped pulling.

Originally Posted by HioSSilver
Someone should tell this guy the 5.0 was gettin pulled by both after jumping.
a small jump and the cars with obvious advantages still couldnt catch the guy before the end of the race! give credit where its due! equal hits and it looks to be a good even race!
Old 01-03-2012, 12:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 61 Likes on 50 Posts

If I had a cammed Camaro and couldn't catch a non header bolt on 5.0 I would be pissed.
Nice runs. The 5.0 def got a good jump
Old 01-03-2012, 12:59 PM
TECH Regular

Ya maybe you need to watch the video again. The stang not only started a half a car ahead, he also took the hit... then got pulled by both at the end! Pretty easy to see that.
Old 01-03-2012, 01:08 PM
Launching!

Ya maybe you need to watch the video again. The stang not only started a half a car ahead, he also took the hit... then got pulled by both at the end! Pretty easy to see that.
i watched it again. Didnt change. The 5.0 is still ahead at the end of the race.
Old 01-03-2012, 01:38 PM
10 Second Club

Received 173 Likes on 117 Posts

Camaro was past the 5.0 when it hit the brakes for sure then the camaro brakes. Appeared the 5.0 was out a bit and got the hit also. Tough to get 2 rolling let alone 3. Corvette looked to be in front of all of them. Either way it was a good run for all and who knows where it was gonna end. The 5.0 should have hit the brakes a bit quicker and took the win LOL
Old 01-03-2012, 02:00 PM
11 Second Club

Nice kill for the Camaro! Mustang started out front and still got pulled. lol
Old 01-03-2012, 02:06 PM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by midevil1
Lil' 5.0's kickin" ***. I love it. Stock internal 300ci engine whoopin on a 376ci Engines with CAMS and bolt ons?. RESPECT.

I have built and raced EVERYTHING. I will not buy anything new from a car company that needs a WELFARE check to stay in business. Sorry guys but Gm and Chrysler are literally eating out of Ford's *** with a spoon. The Mustang is DAMN Sexy car and the Camaro look like the bastard morphidite child of a Cadillac and a Jaguar..
You should probably stop spewing ignorance without knowing the whole story. Ford took money as well, just not from the official bailout. Read the link below:

http://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/201...ilout-of-ford/
Old 01-03-2012, 02:28 PM
Teching In

Lil' 5.0's kickin" ***. I love it. Stock internal 300ci engine whoopin on a 376ci Engines with CAMS and bolt ons?. RESPECT.

I have built and raced EVERYTHING. I will not buy anything new from a car company that needs a WELFARE check to stay in business. Sorry guys but Gm and Chrysler are literally eating out of Ford's *** with a spoon. The Mustang is DAMN Sexy car and the Camaro look like the bastard morphidite child of a Cadillac and a Jaguar..
you wont buy anything from a business that requires a welfare check to stay in business? do you ever fly on a major airline? who do you bank with? who do you have your house fiananced with?
Old 01-03-2012, 02:52 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by LT/LS Guy
Nice kill for the Camaro! Mustang started out front and still got pulled. lol
camaro got killed on this one. Even after hitting the brakes the mustang was still out in front of the camaro. the mustang started out front but was also the only one who broke enough traction to lose control so that pretty much gave away the advantage. pause it at 38 seconds with the mustang brake lights on, its obvious that it is out in front of the camaro. The vette looks to be a lil ahead of the 5.0 though.
Old 01-03-2012, 03:14 PM
On The Tree

This thread has more excuses than Casey Anthony
Old 01-03-2012, 03:43 PM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by MauriSSio
camaro got killed on this one. Even after hitting the brakes the mustang was still out in front of the camaro. the mustang started out front but was also the only one who broke enough traction to lose control so that pretty much gave away the advantage. pause it at 38 seconds with the mustang brake lights on, its obvious that it is out in front of the camaro. The vette looks to be a lil ahead of the 5.0 though.
The mustang owner was the one who told me the Camaro came around him, I'll take his word over your video analysis.
Old 01-03-2012, 03:47 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by MauriSSio
You fail...again.
Old 01-03-2012, 04:30 PM
TECH Regular

Oh geez.
Old 01-03-2012, 06:25 PM
TECH Regular

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by dodgedog03
you wont buy anything from a business that requires a welfare check to stay in business? do you ever fly on a major airline? who do you bank with? who do you have your house fiananced with?
I bank with the United States Naval Credit Union.
Old 01-03-2012, 06:45 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by WSsick
You should probably stop spewing ignorance without knowing the whole story. Ford took money as well, just not from the official bailout. Read the link below:

No Dick. Ford got that for the 1/2 Billion they loaned GM on GOOD FAITH before the bailout started.. Never got it back.. FORD DIDN"T TAKE A DIME when the Obama idiot's were writing Checks to every Duesch Bag Managed company out there.

Quit GM. They make ONE descent car...the VETTE. The LS Series motor is great, but I have NO brand loyalty and the 5.0 has got the bigger *****.

on a Brand is stupid. You know you are paying them..? Right?
Old 01-03-2012, 07:04 PM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You sure? I think it looks as if the mustang and camaro nose is even at the start. Its that tank of a 5th gen thats longer than the 5.0 that makes an optical illusion lmao
Old 01-03-2012, 07:06 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by WSsick

Everything YOU read on the internet is true. GM has Filed for bankruptcy 3 times in it's lifetime that we KNOW OF... No telling how many times before the media became so widespread.

Anyway, about the Mustang all over the 2 beloved GM cars. The vette looked like it was getting all it could handle. If it WAS ahead. It wasn't by more than a car. Looks like the Mustang was hitting his brakes trying to make it a clean start, but the camaro was having a hard time keeping up in the low speeds.
Old 01-03-2012, 07:08 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by ohioborn80
From look of video don't look like the camaro ever came around. And the 5.0 and GS looked neck and neck. Like to see a video of them together by them selves.

Also mods on 5.0. So just tune.cold air. and off road x pipe? It says exhaust what a cat back? Cause if it has headers it needs retuned if only made 390whp.
Man, you just can't stop from those nuts can you? We don't need you to inform us on what they put down with x mods. We know what they are capable of. I'm pretty sure it does not take everyone the ford staff to see that. Tone it down a little bit and loose the deuche bag attitude and you wont get posts like this one.

Rant over...
Old 01-03-2012, 07:10 PM
10 Second Club

No Dick. Ford got that for the 1/2 Billion they loaned GM on GOOD FAITH before the bailout started.. Never got it back.. FORD DIDN"T TAKE A DIME when the Obama idiot's were writing Checks to every Duesch Bag Managed company out there.

Quit GM. They make ONE descent car...the VETTE. The LS Series motor is great, but I have NO brand loyalty and the 5.0 has got the bigger *****.

on a Brand is stupid. You know you are paying them..? Right?
Someone's wife is getting screwed by her boss and its got him mad at the world.
Old 01-03-2012, 07:13 PM
Launching!

Stick to the fords pony boy...

Quick Reply: Cammed '10 SS vs 2012 5.0 vs C6 Grand Sport *video*