Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

LS1 Vs Honda

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2012, 01:20 PM
10 Second Club

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by WSsick
And so are your atrocious taillights.
LOL no ****, I agree with you. I bought the car with them on it. They arent on the car anymore. That's the pic of the car the day I bought it actually. And I actually drive a honda, I just like to use that saying when I get the chance
Old 01-12-2012, 01:30 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by LightningTeg
Come to indy. The fastest cars that are around are a few 650whp+ hondas.

Among the 100 H/C/I 150shot LSx
Originally Posted by necrocannibal
Friend of mine had a turbo hatch that made over 600 whp and his only loss was to a nitrous Hayabusa.
I know they are out there, just not in my area haha

Originally Posted by sweet99ss
Making a honda fast is like coming out of the closet, at first it's a surprise, but at the end of the day you're still gay.
LMAO
Old 01-12-2012, 02:05 PM
Teching In

There are a ton of big headed rice burners out there. I was hanging out with some of my friends a few weeks back and this little eclipse kept driving by sound his bov. I finally had enough of it after ten passes and went out to prove a point. I lined up with him at 20 mph and absolutely blew his doors off while I was spinning. It was 30 degrees outside and my brand new toyo's didn't stand a chance of hooking. To say the least the drive by bov stopped
Old 01-12-2012, 03:40 PM
Teching In

I'll tell u right now that Honda wasn't turbo'd. But I love it when cocky guys get shown up. Ive owned many honda's. Some that would pull GT's and LT1's easily. But if your going to be cocky u should know what your racing. I never messed with LS1 cars just knowing there potential in even stock form. Nice kill!!!!!
Old 01-12-2012, 10:18 PM
12 Second Club

That was the point of the whole thing. Just to embarrass him and make him know he isn't a V8 Killa.
Old 01-12-2012, 11:12 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by RocitSS
His I am not sure. I have heard turbo, I have heard not turbo, lots of different things, but unknown for sure. It was a spur of the moment with not a lot of talk between me and him personally. Mine, stock ls1 with a 125 shot (not on this run), stock 4l60e, stock 3.23s and custom lca's. And I mean actual stock, not normal Camaro owner stock lol. Still on stock lid, exhaust manifolds and exhaust and stock tune.
Oh so pretty much just a stock car with a 125 shot that wasn't spraying? Got it!!
Old 01-13-2012, 12:10 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by sweet99ss
Making a honda fast is like coming out of the closet, at first it's a surprise, but at the end of the day you're still gay.
You mad?
Old 01-13-2012, 12:46 PM
10 Second Club

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by AWD_Launch
You mad?
Not even a tiny bit lol. Clearly the comment got to you. Sorry for hurting your feelings
Old 01-13-2012, 12:59 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by odarabla
Oh so pretty much just a stock car with a 125 shot that wasn't spraying? Got it!!
Yeah, I hadn't gotten the tune worked out right at this point.
Old 01-15-2012, 08:17 PM
Teching In

Wait a minute..that dude in the Honda is going around and calling himself and his car "V8Killa" and he does not even have a turbo?
Wow...that is a pretty stupid thing to do knowing how much fast stuff is out there. I am amazed at either his audacity or his stupidity.

Instead of beating him in your car, you should have just beat him instead.
Old 01-15-2012, 08:23 PM
Banned

^agrreed beating some one's *** sometimes solves many problems. He wouldn't talk **** any more.
Old 01-15-2012, 09:58 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by MACH32V
Wait a minute..that dude in the Honda is going around and calling himself and his car "V8Killa" and he does not even have a turbo?
Wow...that is a pretty stupid thing to do knowing how much fast stuff is out there. I am amazed at either his audacity or his stupidity.

Instead of beating him in your car, you should have just beat him instead.
He thought he was hot **** cause he beat a couple of mustangs. And yes that's really what he said. I couldn't believe his audacity either, but hey he doesn't say it anymore so I accomplished my goal lol.
Old 01-21-2012, 11:25 PM
TECH Apprentice

Truth is $ for $ the Honda should win every time... Only more bang for the buck would be a bike.. You take a 1,300 car and dump 16g in it and you got a low 10 sec.. Guys with these cars don't do it for looks or trying to fix the honda reputation. They due it for the love of tuning and not everyone can afford building a v8 transam or camaro. A really fast honda is a quick way to win some moneys because no one expects it. By all means I respect any turbo civic I see. Usually the riced ones are the ones that try to race everyone. The guys with the fast honda rarely talk trash. Even though you can easly judge by the inter cooler if it's a built civic or just another turbo 8psi on stock engine civic. If he hooked then he walks the corvette... when I was stock though.. We will see after my build. Here's my boy's civic he pushing 28 psi and a 175 shot.. He informed me not to state his hp.

Last edited by Imstock2; 01-21-2012 at 11:33 PM.
Old 01-22-2012, 01:34 AM
12 Second Club

And that's great looks like a nice build. And you're right maybe $ - $. But do MOD for MOD and see which one eat who? I wasn't bashing on Honda's there are some damn fast ones that would eat my lunch. I was bashing on Honda drivers who bite off more than they can chew. And at the end of the day, MY opinion, regardless of what wins, I still drive home in a wicked little Camaro that makes my heart beat a little faster and the smile on my face grow every time I mash the go pedal.
Old 01-22-2012, 02:32 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by RocitSS
And that's great looks like a nice build. And you're right maybe $ - $. But do MOD for MOD and see which one eat who? I wasn't bashing on Honda's there are some damn fast ones that would eat my lunch. I was bashing on Honda drivers who bite off more than they can chew. And at the end of the day, MY opinion, regardless of what wins, I still drive home in a wicked little Camaro that makes my heart beat a little faster and the smile on my face grow every time I mash the go pedal.
Ok and what makes the Honda owners feel any different? Ok, so it was never designed for the purpose of drag racing but the motors are so well made they just happen to be easy to work on/mod/ and make ridiculous power numbers.

I love driving my integra just as much as anyone loves driving their project.
Old 01-22-2012, 02:52 AM
Teching In

Lol I raced 2 hondas one time. The one was revving his engine to redline for a good 30 seconds(black civic) and then he left and his buddy followed(white civic) but had his windows down and one of my friends asked him if it had a hemi and he said it walks hemis so I told him I had one for him to race and he said meet up with him at the closest gas station. Well when he left he was leaving more black smoke than a diesel lol. Got in my truck and met up with them, they both laughed when I pulled up and said I would get smoked. We went to a road with 3 lanes and went from a dig, needless to say they got walked hard
Old 01-22-2012, 08:08 AM
Captain Double Post

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

there is a bunch of guys like that in my area, honest guys like that never race anyone fast, he told me he could kill anyone in my group , we ran and i put a hurtin on him, i then told him i had the slowest car out of anyone i know lol,
Old 01-22-2012, 09:12 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

you know, i was in my 72 C3, 454 vert one time and a riced out honda pulls up beside. he started banging it off the rev limiter and jumping at the light.

He says, "wanna try that old POS out against a car that is actually fast?"

I said,

you have a ragged out civic. I 72 stingray convertible. Win or lose, your girlfriend would still rather be in my car, light went green and all he saw was me go sideways through the intersection spilling smoke from both tires. next stoplight, he wouldnt even look at me,
Old 01-22-2012, 12:33 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by LightningTeg
Ok and what makes the Honda owners feel any different? Ok, so it was never designed for the purpose of drag racing but the motors are so well made they just happen to be easy to work on/mod/ and make ridiculous power numbers.

I love driving my integra just as much as anyone loves driving their project.
Oh I am sure they do. And I should have specified a little better. When I said Honda owners who bite off more than they can chew I should have said it more like COCKY SMARTASS Honda owners who bite off more than they can chew. Most of us love our cars or we wouldn't do what we do.
Old 01-22-2012, 12:34 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by baxsom
you know, i was in my 72 c3, 454 vert one time and a riced out honda pulls up beside. He started banging it off the rev limiter and jumping at the light.

He says, "wanna try that old pos out against a car that is actually fast?"

i said,

you have a ragged out civic. I 72 stingray convertible. Win or lose, your girlfriend would still rather be in my car, light went green and all he saw was me go sideways through the intersection spilling smoke from both tires. Next stoplight, he wouldnt even look at me,
^^^^^this!!!!!!

Quick Reply: LS1 Vs Honda