Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

c6 corvette vs 06 gto

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2012, 06:05 PM
wrp
9 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good kill OP, its all in the heart and all good You have stout numbers on the vette. Wonder if he is trying to set you up by not spraying the first time? Be careful about that.

At 465/402 my NA traps were 115-117 with ets as low as 12.38 so you would have been a hair quicker. I was getting consistent 1.80 60 foots but couldn't ever break below that. I think my car had a couple of 10ths in it still but I wasn't that good of a driver on poorly prepped tracks. That was on a H/C LS1 though. I've tweaked her a bit since then, haven't had it to the track since the new build has started to shape up.

I am going to say 500 from the GOAT was wishing the spray was there or just wishful thinking. I haven't seen one go past 430ish with cam only. Some grinds with good heads and better airflow are tipping at around 485-515 nowadays.

GTOs r like vettes in one respect, if you r not on your game someone can always make you look bad. Sounded like your driver mod hurt him as much as the difference in the cars did. Good Job.

Last edited by wrp; 01-29-2012 at 06:12 PM.

Quick Reply: c6 corvette vs 06 gto