Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

He couldnt leave me alone......

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2012, 07:41 AM
10 Second Club

Received 423 Likes on 335 Posts

Originally Posted by sepno77
What makes you think no new mods stoppy? lol.

As far as the stree race went. Both cars w/ street tires stoppy didn't stand a chance. When he thru on those MT drags and limited the run to a 1/4 from a dig that w/ me on street tires that gave him a tremendus advantage that I'm aiming to eliminate.

My driving wasn't the best at that 1/4 track either. Last time I went to the strip in Nov I ran a 8.2 @ 90 in the 1/8th w/ the same shity tires so its getting better.
Had to lol.....rematch rematch rematch
Old 01-28-2012, 07:51 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Heater
I don't really understand the argument that a engine isn't still GM/Ford if the parts in it are aftermarket.

To me it's just a angle so that someone can try and use it to make themselves feel better or put someone else's car down.
Like notch said, if your gonna swing from the last hair on a ford *******.....then use their parts. Hell I don't even like stroking ****. I don't like paying for that stuff. It has taken me years to wanna put a aftermarket intake on my car....lol
To each his own, I just think if your gonna then properly like me
Originally Posted by 1ltcap
i'm confused what you're trying to say here?

are you trying to say that the aftermarket is why the ford smallblocks are good?
Yes....and they still are'nt that good.
Old 01-28-2012, 08:02 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by HioSSilver
Like notch said, if your gonna swing from the last hair on a ford *******.....then use their parts. Hell I don't even like stroking ****. I don't like paying for that stuff. It has taken me years to wanna put a aftermarket intake on my car....lol

and yet there's people turning 9's with old 289's. the 5 liter from 79 till 94 generally embarrassed camaros. the 351 windsor is a torque monster. the boss302 took trans am championship back away from chevy. the current 5 liter in the mustangs easily outruns the camaros on road courses, although i'm not sure if we can consider that one a small block.

when i built my mustang, everything came from ford. right down to the rear end.
back when i built my 289's and 302's, i did the same as when i built my chevy 350's and 400's.......i bought aftermarket. back then that was what worked best.
Old 01-28-2012, 09:18 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by sepno77
What makes you think no new mods stoppy? lol.
I figured you've done something. I haven't done a thing other than catback.
Old 01-28-2012, 09:34 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Stopsign32v
I figured you've done something. I haven't done a thing other than catback.
ahh mybad misunderstood you w/ my 5th grade reading lvl. Thought you asked a question cause I recently started a new thread looking for a new catback. I'm trying to trade mine for a quiter exhaust. I havn't really added anything for power yet. I'm mainly just focusing on the hooking right now.
Old 01-28-2012, 09:43 AM
Tech Apprentice

I think that will make you the happiest. Wait until you dump the clutch at 6,000rpms. It's fun
Old 01-28-2012, 10:09 AM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i'm confused what you're trying to say here?

are you trying to say that the aftermarket is why the ford smallblocks are good?
yes i compare sbf to ls stuff, both pushrod. you can build one hell of an ls motor out of gm parts. the ford stuff doesnt get close when using ford parts. thats all im saying.
Old 01-28-2012, 11:11 AM
11 Second Club

and yet there's people turning 9's with old 289's. the 5 liter from 79 till 94 generally embarrassed camaros. the 351 windsor is a torque monster. the boss302 took trans am championship back away from chevy. the current 5 liter in the mustangs easily outruns the camaros on road courses, although i'm not sure if we can consider that one a small block.

The '93 LT1 was a football field ahead of the GT/LX, several tenths quicker than the '93 Cobra, and TPI L98 cars were neck and neck with the 5.0. The Mustang was simply cheaper to mod and had a larger aftermarket, hence all the modded Foxbody's vs. stock/near-stock F-bodies back in the day. Even then, there were 383 H/C/I TPI's out there that had no problem laying waste to H/C Foxes.
Old 01-28-2012, 11:34 AM
10 Second Club

when i built my mustang, everything came from ford. right down to the rear end.
back when i built my 289's and 302's, i did the same as when i built my chevy 350's and 400's.......i bought aftermarket. back then that was what worked best.
Your right. Those 165 hp 1979 5.0 laid waste to everything in their path. Oh and in 1971 AMC took the trans am from ford.......so with that said I'm goin out to buy a new Rambler

By th way you may want to keep your eyes open for a current road course tests. The camaro has a new suspension(fe4) now. Instead of a test that the cars were 2 model years apart and the stang was a Boss.

Hey Notch.... Is it easier to find a fox body with out beatup tq boxes or with beat up tq boxes?
Old 01-28-2012, 11:44 AM
On The Tree

Kinda what I was saying.

To compare a engine that was designed by hand over 40 years ago to one that was computer designed 15 years ago; pretty easy to see which one will come out on top.

I will say this, GM did a helluva job designing the LS series of engines.
Old 01-28-2012, 01:43 PM
TECH Resident

Your right. Those 165 hp 1979 5.0 laid waste to everything in their path.79 to 94 Oh and in 1971 AMC took the trans am from fordnegatory ghost rider. ford pulled out of racing after 1970 for a few years. it was given to amc. .......so with that said I'm goin out to buy a new Rambler

By th way you may want to keep your eyes open for a current road course tests. The camaro has a new suspension(fe4) now. Instead of a test that the cars were 2 model years apart and the stang was a Boss.i wasn't talking tests. i was talking the road races. those were current model year vs current model year. oh yea.....and the fords were forced to run air restrictors.

Hey Notch.... Is it easier to find a fox body with out beatup tq boxes or with beat up tq boxes?
want me to take pictures of the underneath of my fairmont?
Old 01-28-2012, 01:47 PM
Tech Apprentice

1ltcap you are fighting a losing battle.
Old 01-28-2012, 02:20 PM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

want me to take pictures of the underneath of my fairmont?
your fairmont may be fine. my notch is perfect. 70 percent arent. im going budget on my fairmont so while the rear is out i will probly weld up all the torque box seams.
Old 01-28-2012, 04:42 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Stopsign32v
1ltcap you are fighting a losing battle.
I think any car argument on here is a losing battle lol
Old 01-28-2012, 05:06 PM
Staging Lane

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

My eclipse would drag all you slow *** cars.
Old 01-28-2012, 05:25 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by 92cobranotch
yes i compare sbf to ls stuff, both pushrod. you can build one hell of an ls motor out of gm parts. the ford stuff doesnt get close when using ford parts. thats all im saying.
i think then that you don't know your fords as well as you think.
Old 01-28-2012, 05:27 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by ZFreie
I think any car argument on here is a losing battle lol
only if it goes against gm. while most of us ford guys in here are willing to admit fords faults, trying to get the average gm guy to do the same is like pulling teeth.
Old 01-28-2012, 05:30 PM
TECH Enthusiast

only if it goes against gm. while most of us ford guys in here are willing to admit fords faults, trying to get the average gm guy to do the same is like pulling teeth.
You don't know me well enough yet. I drive a lt1... I'm much aware of GMs faults bahaha

Quick Reply: He couldnt leave me alone......