Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

LS1 max power?

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2012, 03:34 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by willizm
aren't both motors in the termi and mach1 4.6's? Efficiency can be interpreted multiple ways, but when dealing with both these engines the one that comes out of the factory that is built for FI will be a better more cost effective platform for any one that wants to extract more power. With the mach1 you have to forge the bottom end and probably drop compression. With the termi, bolt on a KB or go turbo and leave the block alone thats only if 500whp isn't enough on the stock SC.
OMG Someone that actually knows what they're talking about.

LOL at even comparing a Mach 1 to a '03 Cobra...there is no comparison. Terminator is an entirely different animal. In terms of performance Mach 1 is closer to a '99 Cobra or something of that nature.
Old 01-23-2012, 03:42 PM
Tech Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by willizm
That can be said about any car really. It's not like the best drivers only buy mach1's and all the retards buy termi's. I'm sure there are plenty of people out there that can't drive a mach1 any where near it's potential. Besides, I don't think ford marketed the cobra as a "terminator".\
Good God you don't remember 2002?! They were even talking about having the Cobra emblems with red eyes. Alot of Cobra owners have never owned a Mustang before this car. Same thing with the GT500. I think heat soak also plays a huge problem with 03-04s not doing what they "should" from a roll. Who knows, I don't own one, never have, and probably never will.
Old 01-23-2012, 03:50 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Irunelevens
Actually, THIS is where it started;

And this is directly related to weight/gearing/ability to launch. A Mach 1 needs less power than a Cobra to run the same times. Y'all are making this too complicated
it also requires alot more work to run same times! and that isnt were it started. two totally different convos. i was just using what you said to poke fun at the mach vs ls1 comparison you made
Old 01-23-2012, 03:52 PM
Tech Apprentice

Mach > LS1
Old 01-23-2012, 03:57 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Stopsign32v
Mach > LS1
com'on cant you ford guys admit to the ls1 being beter than modular stuff when equal mods are done to both???? lmao why are most ford guys so hard headed?
Old 01-23-2012, 03:59 PM
Teching In

Good God you don't remember 2002?! They were even talking about having the Cobra emblems with red eyes. Alot of Cobra owners have never owned a Mustang before this car. Same thing with the GT500. I think heat soak also plays a huge problem with 03-04s not doing what they "should" from a roll. Who knows, I don't own one, never have, and probably never will.
yes this is correct. run a cobra from a roll 6 times back to back and watch it get to a closer race every run. at least with eaton
Old 01-23-2012, 04:13 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by 92cobranotch
com'on cant you ford guys admit to the ls1 being beter than modular stuff when equal mods are done to both???? lmao why are most ford guys so hard headed?
I'm talking about cars as whole and not just the motor.

Last edited by Stopsign32v; 01-23-2012 at 04:27 PM.
Old 01-23-2012, 04:22 PM
9 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I don't recall, but I'll admit I wasn't reading much into ford stuff at the time. They do heat soak though, that is definitely a prevalent issue with them.
Old 01-23-2012, 04:42 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Redfire 03
OMG Someone that actually knows what they're talking about.

LOL at even comparing a Mach 1 to a '03 Cobra...there is no comparison. Terminator is an entirely different animal. In terms of performance Mach 1 is closer to a '99 Cobra or something of that nature.
OFF TOPIC..

so you ditched the white one for a black one? Why?!? I heard thru the grapevine but did not believe it. See you decided to pull the trigger on getting rid of the F-Bod too. Real liquidation sale goin' on around there Eh.

- Brent
Old 01-23-2012, 04:58 PM
10 Second Club

Received 412 Likes on 330 Posts

Mach > LS1
You smoke some serious **** dude.
Old 01-23-2012, 04:59 PM
***Repost Police***

Originally Posted by 92cobranotch
it also requires alot more work to run same times! and that isnt were it started. two totally different convos. i was just using what you said to poke fun at the mach vs ls1 comparison you made
I only made that comparison to refute what was said about it taking Mustangs considerably more power to run the same times as other cars. And that is only true for certain models.
Old 01-23-2012, 05:04 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by BLWNV10
OFF TOPIC..

so you ditched the white one for a black one? Why?!? I heard thru the grapevine but did not believe it. See you decided to pull the trigger on getting rid of the F-Bod too. Real liquidation sale goin' on around there Eh.

- Brent
The white one was nice but got boring quick, even with the 22's, tints. Just not crazy about MB's in white for some reason. Plus that one was an '07 RWD while this one is newer with AWD...and BLACK! Couldn't pass. I sold the Camaro to Jeff's buddy who is a tuner at Sac Mustang, to make way for my next project. Thinking about another terminator, this time a DSG convertible if I can find one.
Old 01-23-2012, 05:16 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by HioSSilver
You smoke some serious **** dude.
I buy it from you, dude.
Old 01-23-2012, 05:32 PM
10 Second Club

Received 412 Likes on 330 Posts

I buy it from you, dude.
I sell it....I don't smoke it.
Old 01-23-2012, 05:34 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by HioSSilver
I sell it....I don't smoke it.
Who said anything about you smoking it? Quite defensive...hmmm
Old 01-23-2012, 08:15 PM
Teching In

All i was getting at 2 pages ago was that the mach with 310 rwhp performs pretty much the same as an ls1 with 310 rwhp. A 400 rwhp ls1 all seem to walk the 400 rwhp termi's. Not saying that machs are a better starting point than termis. Both are pretty badass cars. Supercharger vs Shaker cant lose there. Ls1 is a great motor but the rest of the package leaves a lot to be desired and WHATS WITH THE DAMN HUMP IN THE PASSENGER SIDE, ITS A HUMP. Its like the Quasimoto of muscle cars
Old 01-24-2012, 08:07 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Redfire 03
The white one was nice but got boring quick, even with the 22's, tints. Just not crazy about MB's in white for some reason. Plus that one was an '07 RWD while this one is newer with AWD...and BLACK! Couldn't pass. I sold the Camaro to Jeff's buddy who is a tuner at Sac Mustang, to make way for my next project. Thinking about another terminator, this time a DSG convertible if I can find one.
Sounds good. Car looks **** in the Sig too. Any more pics? The white one had a real clean, classy look that I liked. I'm hoping to buy something fast here as soon as I get a few things in order. Feelin' the itch already man. lol
Old 01-24-2012, 09:50 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by BLWNV10
Sounds good. Car looks **** in the Sig too. Any more pics? The white one had a real clean, classy look that I liked. I'm hoping to buy something fast here as soon as I get a few things in order. Feelin' the itch already man. lol
Taken with the new Canon Rebel T3i.

After the rain clears I am going to put some wax on it and take some more pics in a better setting. I'll shoot you a PM when I do.
Old 01-24-2012, 10:20 AM
TECH Fanatic

I could have sworn you owned a Cobra too.

Mach > LS1

Originally Posted by 85mustang351
All i was getting at 2 pages ago was that the mach with 310 rwhp performs pretty much the same as an ls1 with 310 rwhp. A 400 rwhp ls1 all seem to walk the 400 rwhp termi's. Not saying that machs are a better starting point than termis. Both are pretty badass cars. Supercharger vs Shaker cant lose there. Ls1 is a great motor but the rest of the package leaves a lot to be desired and WHATS WITH THE DAMN HUMP IN THE PASSENGER SIDE, ITS A HUMP. Its like the Quasimoto of muscle cars
I don't see what the problem is with the hump . I'm 6'2 and it doesn't affect me whatsoever when I sit there. Granted, the girlfriend seldom drives and it is her who deals with it. Never heard her complain yet about it though. Nothing wrong with the rest of the package, pretty decent bang for buck (as a result of the rest of the package) actually. Only thing I would change out is the ten bolt and exhaust manifolds, but then the price would have been even closer to that of the Corvette, and that won't work.
Old 01-24-2012, 10:41 AM
9 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Redfire that car is hot. What do you think of maintaining a MB? I was considering pickup up a CPO c63 AMG but not sure what to expect maintenance wise.

Quick Reply: LS1 max power?