Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Roll on 02 SS stick vs. 98 Z28 auto

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2012, 09:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ZFreie
I'm far from a kid, I might be young but I'm not stupid and know my limits. I've done all the stupid stuff way earlier in my life lol I wouldn't want someone crashing into my loved ones, so I don't crash, or if I am going to do something risky the only person I'm putting as risk is my self, I.E. no innocent to hurt

All I ment was there are way more people out on the road doing way more stupid dangerous stuff then someone passing another car on a basically empty road with a cell phone in his hand.

Besides, I have a daughter, I can't go dying she needs a dad

I agree,In this particular situation the risk was not as bad as it was made out to be.Speed limits 55mph so you dont see any traffic darting out in front of you.Now that being said I forgot about what happened jus after I shut the camera down.There was a 10' +/- wide tractor taking up about 1 1/4 lanes of this 2 lane road going too slow imo. lol. and by slow I mean 5mph.No warning signs anywhere jus a big *** camaro crushing tractor.Yes,I got in the brakes pretty hard and was a couple hundred of feet from actually hitting him.I guess its good I know that distance gets covered in a little over 1 sec. at 120mph.My point is on that road 5mph is more dangerous then what I was doing.Traffic there averages speeds more like 65mph most of which are commuters. Im sure some here understand commuters for the most part have lil regard for traffic laws during rush hour.I spend the majority of my time criusen obeying laws.I hardly break the speed limit otherwise.I guess what Im saying is its hard to troll for runs when your speeding.FYI. In 17yrs.driving Ive only been in 2 accidents 1 fault (not racing) 1 no fault and currently there is 0 points on my record with the last moving violation being over 4 years ago.Im not condoning street racing but,for me its one of the few things that put a smile on my face.To each his own I guess.
Old 02-15-2012, 09:23 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 1ltcap
just seeing that, i'll apologize for my abrasiveness.

i don't have any kids, but i do have a 12 year old niece. the rest of my family seems to be dropping like flies around me. there's not many people left that i really care about, and i don't need or want anyone doing something stupid to take them away any sooner.

often, i tend to simply verbalize quickly, off the cuff....or in this case, type.....but you get the point.
No hard feelings my friend! For only 23 I'm pretty god damn level headed. One thing my parents did right was make sure I was a smart cookie so I didn't go killing my self or other.
Old 02-16-2012, 12:32 AM
TECH Resident

Idk op sounds like mystic lol .. Anyways the video looked like you passed him fast ... Was it a real race ? No IMO .. I mean c'mon you could have pulled up next to him and said hey let's race from a roll or dig .. But I guess the way you did it was alot better ..
Old 02-16-2012, 03:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by camaroboy14
Idk op sounds like mystic lol .. Anyways the video looked like you passed him fast ... Was it a real race ? No IMO .. I mean c'mon you could have pulled up next to him and said hey let's race from a roll or dig .. But I guess the way you did it was alot better ..
LOL! At the ironey within your comment.Read the 1st post to understand the ironey if your still confused then *SEE MY SIG FOR CLAIRIFICATION.
Old 02-19-2012, 03:10 PM
TECH Resident

any ways great kill lol