Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

540rwhp S2000 vs. LS3 Turbo 650rwhp SS vs. FAST Fox...

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2012, 04:31 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by snake95
What about the 180 trap-capable motor he is putting in an identical car?

My point is that you are NOT graceful when someone has something faster than you. If it's not a GM, you always look for SOMETHING to bitch about. You launch at too high of an RPM, ok yeah you may be fast at the track but on the street you're not, you're running E85 super secret government chemically engineered race gas, you need slicks to run that time, you just have a good hole shot, your parts are aftermarket, you clapped 3 times and said elephant 3 times, whatever it is, you complain. It's just sort of a bitch way to discredit someone else's car...
QFT x 100
Old 02-09-2012, 04:43 PM
10 Second Club

Received 412 Likes on 330 Posts

Originally Posted by OVRBRD
I have more than 7 posts, the counter doesn't move... Lmao. And yes I prob know more about Fox Stangs than most of this site since this is a Chevy site...

Not that it makes any difference, but my car with its old setup (built in 2000) ran 34-35 mph in the second half at the track, and I guarentee your Camaro would have been nowhere in sight over 150 mph...

The new TT374 setup will run over 150 in the qtr on the wastegates (11 psi)... Motor came out of a near identical car to mine runnin 180mph traps with 20psi.

The other slow fox in my garage would probably bust that *** too.
Yep...looks like I picked up 33 on the back half.....no where near your 34-35

Hard to get it moving on a 10blt Usually it runs 100+ in the 1/8. That day 1/8 was down and 1/4 was up....go figure.
Originally Posted by snake95
What about the 180 trap-capable motor he is putting in an identical car?

My point is that you are NOT graceful when someone has something faster than you. If it's not a GM, you always look for SOMETHING to bitch about. You launch at too high of an RPM, ok yeah you may be fast at the track but on the street you're not, you're running E85 super secret government chemically engineered race gas, you need slicks to run that time, you just have a good hole shot, your parts are aftermarket, you clapped 3 times and said elephant 3 times, whatever it is, you complain. It's just sort of a bitch way to discredit someone else's car...

The WORST is the DD excuse. If yours is a DD, SWEET! Is this the DD section? You always preach how this is the STREET RACING section...so if that means I race my Funny Car on the street, I could post and tell you my ****'s faster than yours...and you would resort to the above excuses/methods of making yourself feel better.

Give credit where credit is due. If you ask what my car runs, this will be me ---> Because that excuse just says hey I don't have a better point so I am going to try to tell you my car is faster than yours, because everybody knows logical thinking and being able to make a sound point is a direct correlation of how fast one's car is. El oh El.
Dude, there is always someone faster. My car is what it is, and it is my dd. If I wanted to go faster there are many things I could do, but there is also alot that I won't do because it is my dd. Guess what.....this is'nt the race car section either.....as a matter of it is the street car section. I know I butt hurt the **** out of you Ford guys, I always have. Probally because I get good results for what I work with. I do have plenty of Ford guy friends......and they all know where they stand....lol
Old 02-09-2012, 04:46 PM
10 Second Club

Oh yea....just to twist the knife a little more. My last tank of gas netted me a little over 20mpg......city type driving.
Old 02-09-2012, 04:49 PM
Staging Lane

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

LOL you still avoid that when you come across that can bust your ***, you have to make excuses, you can't accept it. Your speech about butt-hurting is funny because the only person butt-hurt is you when a faster car is in the thread and calls you on your ****.
Old 02-09-2012, 05:01 PM
10 Second Club

There is lots of cars that can "bust my ***". I bet there is more cars that can "bust your ***"....lol

But I would bet most of them are'nt dd as mine is.
Old 02-09-2012, 05:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

this is getting interesting
Old 02-09-2012, 05:09 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by DarkJuggalo
this is getting interesting
Yes it is.....I am now heading to get my gf, then to costco to cram my camaro full of goodies, toilet paper and papertowls.....do you guys want a pic of that?
Old 02-09-2012, 05:35 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 88blackgt
The point of his post was you talk out your *** about how slow foxes are when he would utterly **** all over you. Your mouth wrote some checks your *** cant cash.
I actually wasn't trying to start some **** about my car(s) vs his, I think his car sounds fast and he's done a good job squeezing all it's power out of it, just like my friend Chris's car (PRE Z06) runnin 10s with a ls1 and a cam making like 400 rw...

What I was just trying to get him to see was that just because his well sorted car has busted a bunch of poor dudes in some clapped out foxes doesn't mean that all Foxes are... For what I've spent on my 5.0 over the years I could have paid cash for a ZR1...

But yes this car ran 10s @ near 140 mph almost 10 years ago, on DOT tires, 5 speed, full AC and a $10K+ dollar Phoenix Gold and Alpine system... not a race car by any means, didn't even have a damn cage in it. I did DD it for 2 years in that mode till I got a daily too... It was my DD for 4 years before that as well with N/A setups (302, 306, 359, 410CID).

In today's scene it would be deemed middle of the pack (at least the guys I hang with), which is why I bought a REAL motor and am twin turboing it... It has a 12 point cage and a chute now, but it still remains AC and full interior... Wont have a big system in it though, the battery box takes up half the trunk where the amp/subs would go...

The convertible below was my very first car, off the showroom. Has an Aluminum Dart 351 stroker (4.145 bore x 3.25 stroke) with AFR heads, RPM2 manifold and a YSi Vortech... Itll make 1000-1100 at the wheels once we get the Weldon on it, its making mid 6s at only 13 psi right now out of pump.

Pics for the non-believer Camaro driver... Im def not a troll.

Full interior, not so much race car... check out kick panels.

A/C and all.

New setup twin Precision 72s, good for 1950bhp.

Interior now after surgery, still has all the seats and interior in it...

Pic of the other one in garage currently finishing up cleaning it up from being in storage for 5 years... Will do a photoshoot with it once done detailing it
Old 02-09-2012, 05:49 PM
TECH Resident

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

Bad *** vid man.

Now that's what happens when a Fox body is done right!
Old 02-09-2012, 05:54 PM
TECH Resident

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by HioSSilver
I don't think the fox is that impressive....the other 2 are just that bad. Serious dyno queens.
No surprise, another dumbass remark.
Old 02-09-2012, 06:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 61 Likes on 50 Posts

OVRBRD nice car!! I run the same blower less cubes and still have ac,ps and full interior like you but no cage in my 92. Best of luck with your car
Old 02-09-2012, 06:47 PM
Banned

Lol my car has mostly ford parts does that mean I am special and It would drag the paint off the hio mobile. Nice fox btw
Old 02-09-2012, 07:03 PM
Teching In

Id come up behind you and see those AN fuel lines off the tank and just keep driving lol
Old 02-09-2012, 07:11 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

what kind of suspension do you have going on with that 4 eye ovrbrd?
Old 02-09-2012, 07:32 PM
Launching!

Ovrbrd Your car is killer! Props to ya!
Old 02-09-2012, 07:39 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by sidewayz28
what kind of suspension do you have going on with that 4 eye ovrbrd?
The 4 eye has an Anthony Jones Drag racing K member with side support braces, Griggs tublar A arms, Griggs rear lower adjustable heim joint control arms, 'old school billet' UPR double heim joint adjustable upper control arms(copied from Wolfe Racecraft design before Wolfe sued UPR for copyright infrindgement violation) Griggs front and rear coil overs, Max Motorsport caster camber plates... (Those pics its just front coil over and griggs rear springs, stock k member)...

Im having one of the fastest street cars in the country (won a few big money races all over country) setup my **** to pull the wheels on the street... it wont handle as well as it did, BUT **** will get down the street/freeway/track, and that is the main purpose of the car now.

The vert is a GR40, full built Griggs Racing car... torque arm/panhard bar, coil overs, k member, etc...
Old 02-09-2012, 07:45 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Mike Morris
OVRBRD nice car!! I run the same blower less cubes and still have ac,ps and full interior like you but no cage in my 92. Best of luck with your car
What power and boost you puttin down? I loved my YS/YSi setups, they were different but both a lot of fun. I hope going turbo wasn't a mistake besides the large amounts of cash it cost. lol

Car had been apart since 9/07, I was living out of state a while, and have been back, but bought a couple Vettes and spent cash on them that should have gone into the Stang, but live and learn.
Old 02-09-2012, 09:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by HioSSilver
I know I've walked the **** out of many of them. So you come on here with your 7 posts and your gonna tell me how it is.......Lmao go elsewhere troll.

So how does your fox run? I bet you go in the back door.......oooppps I'm mean out the back door.
after this post.... and the pictures of his pretty streetable mustang...

damn it had me rolling.
Old 02-09-2012, 09:17 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by LightningTeg
Id come up behind you and see those AN fuel lines off the tank and just keep driving lol
No joke! Both of those Fox bodies are so clean too!
Old 02-09-2012, 09:43 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by LightningTeg
Glad I'm not the only one who noticed that, and if that wasn't enough the pillar gauges would have me thinking twice lol Super clean fox, very much a fan.

Quick Reply: 540rwhp S2000 vs. LS3 Turbo 650rwhp SS vs. FAST Fox...