Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

540rwhp S2000 vs. LS3 Turbo 650rwhp SS vs. FAST Fox...

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2012, 05:55 PM
Captain Double Post

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

hio i wassnt so much comparing you to ohio, sorry if ya took it that way, i just meant that you guys usally back your stuff up, hio you use your own car, ohio well you use every youtube vid you can find lol, just bustin on ya bud, i think you guys both have pretty nice rides, hio and even ohio are pretty much on point with things, hio calls it like it is ,ohio calls it how it is and then will say his 5.0 is better lol
Old 02-10-2012, 06:02 PM
10 Second Club

Received 252 Likes on 164 Posts

Originally Posted by BOBS99SS
hio i wassnt so much comparing you to ohio, sorry if ya took it that way, i just meant that you guys usally back your stuff up, hio you use your own car, ohio well you use every youtube vid you can find lol, just bustin on ya bud, i think you guys both have pretty nice rides, hio and even ohio are pretty much on point with things, hio calls it like it is ,ohio calls it how it is and then will say his 5.0 is better lol
Mine is the bestest ever....

I did learn a trick today with my car and the supercharger. A way to get some free hp.

Oh I am sure its not a new trick I just never thought of it. LOL

hopefully in the next couple weeks I will make it back to track and make some improvements.
Old 02-10-2012, 06:06 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by HioSSilver
I worked on ALMS and grand am cars for years. So yes there is a difference in the way the car works for your ultimate time. A good set of rear tires will only get you so far.
A set of 16" ET Streets, a torque arm, and lower control arms with gearing got me to the first 60' in 1.5 seconds in a T56 Z28 that weighed 40 pounds more than stock and had stock 17" SS wheels up front.

What the hell tires and suspension parts are you running that your car is having all of these traction problems?

Last edited by PewterScreaminMach; 02-10-2012 at 06:12 PM.
Old 02-10-2012, 06:50 PM
10 Second Club

Received 435 Likes on 342 Posts

Originally Posted by BOBS99SS
It's all good Bob, I got a chuckle out of it.
Originally Posted by PewterScreaminMach
A set of 16" ET Streets, a torque arm, and lower control arms with gearing got me to the first 60' in 1.5 seconds in a T56 Z28 that weighed 40 pounds more than stock and had stock 17" SS wheels up front.

What the hell tires and suspension parts are you running that your car is having all of these traction problems?
Not really a traction problem, a rear problem. When I make it get traction it breaks. Even on a shitty nitto 275. I do need to up grade the tq arm, it's still stock.
Old 02-11-2012, 04:48 AM
Staging Lane

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

OVRBRD, your cars are sick. I'm thrilled to see someone still appreciates a nice 4-eye since most fox guys ejaculate over aero noses.
Old 02-11-2012, 04:50 AM
Staging Lane

There is lots of cars that can "bust my ***". I bet there is more cars that can "bust your ***"....lol

But I would bet most of them are'nt dd as mine is.
LMFAO Thank you for repeatedly proving me right
Old 02-11-2012, 04:59 AM
Staging Lane

You also said it normally traps 100+ in the eighth, which means your 33mph on the back end this pass is obviously because you had no traction. 100+ normal traps mean even if that 130mph pass was normal for you, which I doubt, then you're typically picking up 30 or less mph back end, which is far from his 34-35. I'm willing to bet your typical traps are in the 126-127 trange, and if you're typically trapping 100+ in the eighth as you claim, then you're not even CLOSE to his 34-35 mph pickup top end.

I always thought it was interesting that this car is supposedly some great performing car at the strip, yet it traps 130mph and only goes 11.1, faceplated trans and all. Hell, my 02 Z28 was only 3 tenths slower and trapped 9-10 mph less. Has this car ever gone faster than 11.1? Sounds like either driver mod or serious tweaks need to be made to get that car running "how it should".
Bahahahahaha! HiO you never cease to amaze me, buddy. Have been called out, made to eat your words, and still have excuses and your own justification to make yourself feel better...I bet your world is a fun place to live in...
Old 02-11-2012, 07:54 AM
10 Second Club

Eat my words how Snake.....Someone shows up with a dart blocked turbo'd fox......hell I even expect them to outrun my car. What's funny to me is you ford nutswingers would now let this guy jack off in your mouth......lmao
Old 02-11-2012, 09:22 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 67 Likes on 56 Posts

You have to admitt its a bad *** street car no matter what the block,make or mods.
Old 02-11-2012, 10:29 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

First off I'm not your ****** son son. So you can shut your pie hole with that ****.
Second yes most of the do run like that.
I know I've walked the **** out of many of them. So you come on here with your 7 posts and your gonna tell me how it is.......Lmao go elsewhere troll.

So how does your fox run? I bet you go in the back door.......oooppps I'm mean out the back door.
Nice ride ovrbird ......why couldn't you start out like that instead of giving me ****?
Eat my words how Snake.....Someone shows up with a dart blocked turbo'd fox......hell I even expect them to outrun my car. What's funny to me is you ford nutswingers would now let this guy jack off in your mouth......lmao
Please continue talking out your ***. Your mouth was too fast for your *** to back up.
Old 02-11-2012, 10:35 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 88blackgt
Please continue talking out your ***. Your mouth was too fast for your *** to back up.
Originally Posted by 88blackgt
I told you in the other thread its apart remember? Its winter here you won't see it in HIO world. I have no idea what it will run on this setup. Maybe you could tell me?
Originally Posted by ZFreie
Whats the best your old setup ran? I'm lazy and don't feel like searching lol
I'm still feeling lazy...and waiting
Old 02-11-2012, 11:17 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ZFreie
I'm still feeling lazy...and waiting
I don't talk **** and try to discredit every other car is the difference.

Ran mid 11s(11.6 or 11.7) on a dry kit, 306. Still 306 little more compression(little over 10:1), Vic jr heads, Vic EFI, CI cam, plate kit and finally getting long tubes and a tune. Needs more RPM(was on stock tune before w/ stock rev limiter, little bitty 306 needs more revs w/ big heads). Car 60s well the cam, nitrous, tune, long tubes, should help a good bit.

In truth I'm not a fan of this setup I'd much rather it was 351 based; will be some day. Just bought a house so its not happening in the near future.
Old 02-11-2012, 11:30 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Mike Morris
You have to admitt its a bad *** street car no matter what the block,make or mods.
I already did....88 just wont get off my ***. he's still holding ovrbrd's weiner in his mouth. Has the swelling went down yet 88?.......what your still mumbling!!

I guess his little built nitros assisted 306 has him feeling a little insignificant these days. That and he has a hard time understanding that I like tinking with my car that has STOCK engine.
Old 02-11-2012, 11:47 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by snake95
My point is that you are NOT graceful when someone has something faster than you. If it's not a GM, you always look for SOMETHING to bitch about. You launch at too high of an RPM, ok yeah you may be fast at the track but on the street you're not, you're running E85 super secret government chemically engineered race gas, you need slicks to run that time, you just have a good hole shot, your parts are aftermarket, you clapped 3 times and said elephant 3 times, whatever it is, you complain. It's just sort of a bitch way to discredit someone else's car...

The WORST is the DD excuse. If yours is a DD, SWEET! Is this the DD section? You always preach how this is the STREET RACING section...so if that means I race my Funny Car on the street, I could post and tell you my ****'s faster than yours...and you would resort to the above excuses/methods of making yourself feel better.

Give credit where credit is due. If you ask what my car runs, this will be me ---> Because that excuse just says hey I don't have a better point so I am going to try to tell you my car is faster than yours, because everybody knows logical thinking and being able to make a sound point is a direct correlation of how fast one's car is. El oh El.
This guy.....running around talking about how everyone else's car isn't setup "right" for whatever it is they're doing while he runs around drag racing his low 11-second car on a 10-bolt with more of "road race oriented set-up on it". You'll have room to talk when your 130 trapping car finally cracks a 10.99. Until then, it's hard to take you seriously when you go around telling other people their cars aren't setup right, which is just about every thread you post in.
Originally Posted by FlatBlackZ28
Dude, enough with the factory LS6 stuff. I don't know where you got your 126.4mph trap, but it sure as hell won't happen at any of the tracks around here. Where I race, it takes AT LEAST 100+rwhp over what you put down to see those traps.

You talk more **** on this board than almost anybody. Don't you have anything better to do?
Originally Posted by ScreaminRedZ
HioSSilver + NiteRiderWS6 + ohioborn80 = trifecta
Originally Posted by MTN_Z
^^If those two met and raced, it would rival many cataclysmic events based on the pure BS being flung around.
I already did....88 just wont get off my ***. he's still holding ovrbrd's weiner in his mouth. Has the swelling went down yet 88?.......what your still mumbling!!

I guess his little built nitros assisted 306 has him feeling a little insignificant these days. That and he has a hard time understanding that I like tinking with my car that has STOCK engine.
Everyone sees it but you.
Old 02-11-2012, 11:53 AM
10 Second Club

The only thing to be seen is there is ALOT of but hurt Ford guys on here over my car. What really gets you guys goin is it's deficences and the potential for it to go much faster in the 1/4 with a proper drag set-up. That and there is a whole lot of people that just don't like the truth.
Old 02-11-2012, 01:01 PM
Teching In

Yea I remember. I just wanted you to say it so everyone else would know you were **** talkin. Hey its winter in my world too.......ain't that some ****.

I bet you would like to touch Ovrbrd where he pee's.
I would prefer not to have that happen unless 88blackgt is Jessica Barton slumming it with an 88 fox body posting over there...
Old 02-11-2012, 01:18 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by snake95
OVRBRD, your cars are sick. I'm thrilled to see someone still appreciates a nice 4-eye since most fox guys ejaculate over aero noses.
Thank you very much sir, I dont believe the front to be an issue as Ive been near 200 in this car when it only made 640 rw... I hope to be able to go about 210 in the mile in it, but over 200 would be sweet... My friend's Viper went 208 with 940ish? Ill be lighter and about the same power when I try it in a year or so, just gotta make sure the car is dialed in before I risk it.
Old 02-11-2012, 01:20 PM
10 Second Club

Don't worry Orbrd, I'm sure he would be very loving and gentle.

Is that Iroc you raced in that one vid the one from a pinks show?
Old 02-11-2012, 01:20 PM
Teching In

2 different cars... the turbo "4 eye" has a Ford SVO block in it, akin to a LSX block or so (aftermarket from production company)...

The convertible has a Dart only for the fact that my pop's wanted the Aluminium motor to save weight off it since it is technically a road race car, even though it's heavy as hell with all the stereo **** in it.
Old 02-11-2012, 01:27 PM
10 Second Club

One thing for sure Ovrbrd, someone can tell you put alot of thought, time and money in both your cars.

Quick Reply: 540rwhp S2000 vs. LS3 Turbo 650rwhp SS vs. FAST Fox...