Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Started to kill an Evo 8

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2012, 08:22 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Started to kill an Evo 8

Had just loaded up the groceries in my T/A and left Walmart, and I ended up next to a blue Lancer Evo 8 at the light. He hung back a bit so I wasn't sure if he was trying to play. When the light turned green we both accelerated normally and then he put the pedal down around 15mph. I returned the favor and we were dead even through 1st. When I grabbed 2nd I pulled about 1/2 car on him but then I had to let off because I had to get on the interstate. Very short encounter, but I'm satisfied with the result. My first good rice kill!
Old 02-17-2012, 08:42 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Nice kill! not sure why the awd car would WAIT to floor it lol takes away its biggest advantage.
Old 02-17-2012, 09:05 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice kill, had damn near the same thing happen to me in my WS6! We ran it out to the top of 3rd though. Funny thing is it was blue too. Haha.
Old 02-17-2012, 09:13 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by LS1rob00
Nice kill, had damn near the same thing happen to me in my WS6! We ran it out to the top of 3rd though. Funny thing is it was blue too. Haha.
did you spray him?
Old 02-17-2012, 09:27 PM
12 Second Club

Good kill.
Old 02-17-2012, 09:30 PM
Captain Double Post

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ill give you a kill just because its your first one,but next time you need a real run, why did the evo wait, pretty sure he cant drive his car lol
Old 02-17-2012, 10:38 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Bird.is.Word
Had just loaded up the groceries in my T/A and left Walmart, and I ended up next to a blue Lancer Evo 8 at the light. He hung back a bit so I wasn't sure if he was trying to play. When the light turned green we both accelerated normally and then he put the pedal down around 15mph. I returned the favor and we were dead even through 1st. When I grabbed 2nd I pulled about 1/2 car on him but then I had to let off because I had to get on the interstate. Very short encounter, but I'm satisfied with the result. My first good rice kill!
I've had a very similar incident with a red Evo 9... we both stood in first until about 10-15mph and then he gunned it and I ran him down. I wouldn't exactly call the car rice, though... they are very fast and good for what they are. I've been in my friend's Evo X in the snow, and let me tell you, on a set of dedicated winters, that thing basically owns the street.

Either way, decent run. You gotta get a full fledged run in next time... when the Evo is using launch control and see how that pans out.
Old 02-18-2012, 12:11 AM
Staging Lane

I'm not sure why he waited. I didn't think he wanted to play at all because he hung back at the light. I know Evos are capable cars, I just referred to it as rice because of it's country of origin lol. It was actually pretty clean. The only thing aftermarket that I could see was a fart pipe. I was hoping that he was going to get onto I64 with me but that wasn't the case unfortunately.
Old 02-18-2012, 02:57 AM
On The Tree

I would not consider it a kill. The race was to short to predict the result.
Old 02-18-2012, 08:58 AM
Staging Lane

Agreed on it not counting as a kill (should have ran it out then U turned back for the freeway). Agreed that a Evo is in the Rice category (big wing, big flairs and scoops and crap tacked on, turbo 4 cylinder). Disagree with saying Evo driver should have launched on green (why look like a ricer idiot with a full launch if you don't know if the other guy is game or even aware you are there?)
Old 02-18-2012, 11:56 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by BurtReynolds
I would not consider it a kill. The race was to short to predict the result.
Yeah I'm sure he would have caught up after I started to pull in 2nd. AWD cars like that have great top end.
Old 02-18-2012, 12:30 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Sticks n Stones
Agreed on it not counting as a kill (should have ran it out then U turned back for the freeway). Agreed that a Evo is in the Rice category (big wing, big flairs and scoops and crap tacked on, turbo 4 cylinder). Disagree with saying Evo driver should have launched on green (why look like a ricer idiot with a full launch if you don't know if the other guy is game or even aware you are there?)
Girlfriend was in the car with me. I consider myself lucky that I can race without getting an ear full, and I can assure you that I would get one if I purposely missed the exit to pull a few car lengths on an Evo lol. She's pretty loud lol.
Old 02-19-2012, 02:53 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by 07 z71 silverado
did you spray him?
"Hi my name's Jon and I'm a *****!"

That's what I read