Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

98 ws6 vs 07 STI

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2012, 10:52 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by flattusmaximus78
Please fill everyone in. Please don't say drivetrain loss, because everyone else does, and that makes no sense.
It has a lot to do with the cow jumping over the moon theory of relative momentum vs force. While the cow has the force to jump over the moon the momentum is slowed by atmospheric pressure and relative humidity. If it had more hoofpower then it could be achieved but the hoofpower to weight ratio of the average cow is simply too low. Hope that helps.
Old 02-19-2012, 11:23 AM
9 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by hendrixx
oh sorry i guess i could have said HARDware rather than software, does it really matter?
If you are going to try and tell a joke you might want to get the punchline right.
Old 02-19-2012, 12:55 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 85mustang351
It has a lot to do with the cow jumping over the moon theory of relative momentum vs force. While the cow has the force to jump over the moon the momentum is slowed by atmospheric pressure and relative humidity. If it had more hoofpower then it could be achieved but the hoofpower to weight ratio of the average cow is simply too low. Hope that helps.
Nice cop-out.
Old 02-19-2012, 01:11 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Ive had a few races with STI's, S4's and Evo's. You would be shocked as to how the outcome is when you do a roll race compared to off the line. Even with my friends G37 if we raced off the line he would be right next to me through 2nd and i would only pull maybe one car on him by the end of 3rd. If i was to race him from 3rd gear, a roll race he would get murdered.

It gave him false hope that if i only pulled him by barely one car by the end of 3rd in a race were we raced off the line that i would barely pull on him on roll races. Its the same outcome for me with an sti i raced, he beat me bad off the line and kept it there and on the highway i pulled on him easily. Dont know why, maybe its just my car thats that way but to me a roll race and off the line is two different races.
Old 02-19-2012, 02:54 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I'm sure we will run them some more. I'm going suspension first so it will be a while before I will walk from him.
Old 02-19-2012, 05:31 PM
Banned

is yours A4? if not, you need a driver mod.
you ran a 12.5 w/ 437 rwhp and you are telling others they need a driver mod?? rofl
Old 02-19-2012, 07:57 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by ZFreie
This is interesting, I have a friend with a stage 2 wrx and I hang right with him at all times, does this mean my lt1 might turn a low 13 sec with traction in its current state!?!?! I hope so lol
lol, if its an STI, and stage 2, and if youre a stock lt1, and you can hang with him from a dig or from a roll, then he needs to learn to drive, or to buy a new car lol.

Originally Posted by willizm
If you are going to try and tell a joke you might want to get the punchline right.
lol youre an idiot, who said it was a joke? i honestly had no idea they make exhausts, and made the HUGE mistake of saying they make software rather than hardware, but seriously, thanks SO much for correcting me, you do such a service to everyone for clearing this right up.

Originally Posted by subzerotm
you ran a 12.5 w/ 437 rwhp and you are telling others they need a driver mod?? rofl
have you ever heard of tires like hockey pucks? or a 2.2 60ft? lets see what you can run on 275/35's with 440 horse idiot rofl

and besides that, the previous owner of my car ran those times. i have a different suspension set up and new wheels with DRs, and 4.10s. the last thing i need is a driver mod, more like rear end mod now.
Old 02-19-2012, 09:25 PM

Good kill!

and besides that, the previous owner of my car ran those times. i have a different suspension set up and new wheels with DRs, and 4.10s. the last thing i need is a driver mod, more like rear end mod now.
You list the previous owner's track numbers in your sig? For serious?
Old 02-19-2012, 09:42 PM
12 Second Club

to show what my car has ran, for serious.

if you bought an 11 second car, and he gave you the slips, and you havent had the chance to run it down the track, would you not save people the time of asking what it ran when you know what the car did? ive never driven with the guy, so i cant comment on his driving skills, but i know he was asleep at the wheel as well with a 2 sec reaction time lol.

just did it for basically a baseline for my car i guess.

for cereal guys
Old 02-19-2012, 09:51 PM
TECH Apprentice

Good kill on a junior AWD driver... Stage II equals around 315ish... Is he running a Cobb Accessport and is he tuned or just have the parts on the car? Your in South Carolina... I don't know any Subie tuners around there except for Top Speed in Georgia... Wait til he learns how to drive and get that thing tuned bro... whole different car once thats done...
I wish you lived closer to Maryland... My STi isn't slow by any means... Barrie is close to Windsor right? I might have to bring her home to Detroit and go hunting in Canada...lol
Old 02-19-2012, 09:51 PM

If I hadn't run the car myself I would just list the dyno numbers, especially if the track numbers sucked *****. And before you cry about the fact that he ran the car on **** tires, if you don't like it then take the numbers down until you run it the way you want it set up.
Old 02-19-2012, 09:55 PM
Teching In

I dont list the times the previous owner of my car did because how could I back that up?
Old 02-19-2012, 09:58 PM
12 Second Club

true, but thats why i specified it was on street tires... i did it mostly to show the trap speed, again not too high but a good 10 mph over stock... his best mph was 118 he said. probably right though, its not impressive numbers by any means, so i probably should take it off the sig lol

and yeah barrie is only about 4 hours north of windsor, maybe more haha... an hour north of toronto though, i can meet you there OR! everyone can come to the big f body show in Niagara falls, where we attempt to make the biggest car mural or whatever the **** its called lol.

should be LOTS of good races coming out of there. my friend with his 650whp SRT4 is coming down with me, gonna cruise in and let the mullets start talking **** to him and see who wants to get their *** handed to em first lol. (srt is his track car, stg 2 sti is his daily)
Old 02-19-2012, 09:58 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I might as well go ahead and put 10.8 in my Sig then. That is what it ran with previous owner with a different setup... Sounds like some rice... If YOU don't run it, than YOU can't claim it...
Old 02-19-2012, 10:03 PM

All ball busting aside, the dyno numbers are good and if someone asks what it ran just tell them you haven't had the chance to run it yet.
Old 02-19-2012, 10:22 PM
12 Second Club

crazyboy, not 100% true, what if i was at the track when he ran it?? lol

and yeah, very true, but most people say its not the numbers its puts down its all about the ET, which again is very true.

annnnyways ill go take that out of my sig now lol... getting my 11 sec slip in the spring hopefully i dont blow the stock rear end to bits
Old 02-19-2012, 10:56 PM

Good luck getting into the 11's and not blowing the rear lol
Old 02-19-2012, 11:10 PM
12 Second Club

hey man, ive heard of people running 10s on the stock rear end!! i hope im one of those lucky people that gets one or two runs out of her before its hiroshima all over again
Old 02-19-2012, 11:14 PM
TECH Enthusiast

If it takes a dump on ya, it just means time for an upgrade. Good luck with the ET.
Old 02-19-2012, 11:27 PM

My buddy went 11.2 on his stock 10-bolt in an M6 car. Of course the 60' wasn't good so that helped the rear, lol.