Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Bolt On Camaro vs Bolt On Shelby GT500

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2012, 02:38 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Redbull87

Anything can happen in a street race.....

This is the fact of it.

Haters will ignore it because they want to talk ****.
Old 02-20-2012, 03:13 AM
12 Second Club

Received 49 Likes on 30 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

I hate the flashlight races too but I understand why its becoming more popular....use a much bigger/brighter light I suppose,barely noticed it in the vid.Maybe its just me but sure looked like the Shelby was making up ground on the top end.I think a rematch is in order,Id be more inclined to give credit on the win if you can back up a second W with the shelby leaving equally.

Winning is wining..but I respect a hard earned W rather than beating an inferior driver.Just my opinion..congrats on your kill though.
Old 02-20-2012, 04:05 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by WSsick
Personally, I think it's retarded. You jump, you lose in my book.
agreed.
Old 02-20-2012, 07:37 AM
Restricted User

Originally Posted by Redbull87
I hate the flashlight races too but I understand why its becoming more popular....use a much bigger/brighter light I suppose,barely noticed it in the vid.Maybe its just me but sure looked like the Shelby was making up ground on the top end.I think a rematch is in order,Id be more inclined to give credit on the win if you can back up a second W with the shelby leaving equally.

Winning is wining..but I respect a hard earned W rather than beating an inferior driver.Just my opinion..congrats on your kill though.
The Shelby was definitely making up ground...we only stood a chance because of the 18" DR he was on....he was supposed to run it back for some chump change on slicks with race gas to the Camaro's spray....needless to say we are still waiting....
Old 02-20-2012, 04:07 PM
Launching!

The OP clearly took off when the flashlight came on. If the other driver slept, not his problem. I too thought the Camaro jumped nasty since it seems like an arm drop race. Good job on getting the still image, pretty much proves your point.

With that said, flashlight racing is still whack. A rematch is definitely in order. Not to see if lightning can strike twice, but just to make sure the other driver doesnt have any excuses Nice Kill.
Old 02-20-2012, 04:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by CamaroZ28_LS1
I swear to god if a mustang wins a race everything is good but you just have to have an excuse of the mustang driver in every thread. You can't except the fact that your mustang isn't anything special, my car isn't either. It's just a POS chevy. But I like it and I compliment good kills. I have good friends with Mustangs and Cobras and such, awesome guys. Get over yourself lol.

run what you brung... nuff said.
Calm down, bro. You seem mad
Old 02-20-2012, 05:14 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by marc97taws6
Calm down, bro. You seem mad
Mad? lol no, just annoyed at every post he makes. That is all.
Old 02-20-2012, 05:30 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by ohioborn80
So that is teh driver beating the driver not the car...RETARD!

Kinda like a bolt on WS6 beating a TT C5
A car is nothing without a driver. That's why the majority of GT500's out there will never see anything better than a 13 second timeslip.

The excuse "if the guy knew how to drive he would have won" is just as ricer as saying "if I installed my turbo I would have blown your doors off".
In both of those scenarios, the car lost because it was missing something. I've won so many races without actually having the raw power advantage. Rated HP is one of many variables that impact a race. Driver, Power, Traction and Reaction all play an equal part.
Old 02-20-2012, 05:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

My favorite is when people lose because they missed a shift.
Old 02-20-2012, 05:56 PM
Captain Double Post

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

So that is the driver beating the driver not the car...RETARD
i get so tired of hearing this bs, its a race , can one car be faster,,, yes but if he doesnt know how to drive it he takes a loss, we have all beat faster cars, racing has to do with the car and driver
Old 02-20-2012, 09:22 PM
10 Second Club

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

So that is teh driver beating the driver not the car...RETARD!

Kinda like a bolt on WS6 beating a TT C5
LOL, NO "RETARD!". He beat both the driver AND CAR. Notice at the end of vid his car was ahead of the other meaning he beat the mustang. I know you can't stand seeing a mustang loose and it hurts you, but the mustang LOST. Doesn't matter how it lost it stilll LOST. He didn't just beat the driver... For that to happen the guy would have to fall out of the car while the gt500 kept on going and pulled on the camaro. Wich did not happen! You need ******* therapy I swear lol.
Old 02-20-2012, 11:20 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by sweet99ss
LOL, NO "RETARD!". He beat both the driver AND CAR. Notice at the end of vid his car was ahead of the other meaning he beat the mustang. I know you can't stand seeing a mustang loose and it hurts you, but the mustang LOST. Doesn't matter how it lost it stilll LOST. He didn't just beat the driver... For that to happen the guy would have to fall out of the car while the gt500 kept on going and pulled on the camaro. Wich did not happen! You need ******* therapy I swear lol.
LOL, amen.
Old 02-21-2012, 05:37 AM
10 Second Club

Received 252 Likes on 164 Posts

No dip **** he beat the driver. Cause the driver can't drive. Or the driver thought it was go on a arm drop. Whatever. If I go beat a car that should run a second faster then me and I win. Am I really the faster car. **** no. I got lucky and raced a car with a shitty driver. Same car with a real driver would beat me.
Old 02-21-2012, 07:44 AM
Launching!

For that to happen the guy would have to fall out of the car while the gt500 kept on going and pulled on the camaro.

Thats why there should be a rematch, so people don't post excuses.
Old 02-21-2012, 07:56 AM
Restricted User

Originally Posted by hiram007

Thats why there should be a rematch, so people don't post excuses.
Like I said earlier...we were supposed to have a rematch, Camaro on Spray and the GT500 on race gas and slicks....but he doesn't wanna run again....
Old 02-21-2012, 08:06 AM
Restricted User

No dip **** he beat the driver. Cause the driver can't drive. Or the driver thought it was go on a arm drop. Whatever. If I go beat a car that should run a second faster then me and I win. Am I really the faster car. **** no. I got lucky and raced a car with a shitty driver. Same car with a real driver would beat me.
And I bet if you weren't half a country away you would run and hide when I bet you that a stock long block LS1 w/ a single power adder on stock suspension with a DOT tire would put your little pony back in the stable real fast....oh yea...and straight pump....but your not so your safe....
Old 02-21-2012, 08:14 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Zero4488
We perfer it as well...but it's real dark on the road some nights and hard to see...plus it makes it easier to tell a jump...thats why I froze the video and took a screen shot...
i thought i saw the light go on then immediately off, and that's when the near car jumped.
Old 02-21-2012, 08:16 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Cosmos
I love giving people the hit and chasing them down and blowing by them. lol
you know what the most fun races are? even launch, and you're side by side, with it nearly impossible to tell who won from inside the car. if you've never had a race that close, you can't understand it till you do.
Old 02-21-2012, 08:21 AM
12 Second Club

That is such a terrible arguement. "Same car with a real driver would beat me".
I said it earlier, it's just like saying "Same car with a monster turbo would beat me". The driver is as much a part of the car as any of its mechanical parts. 99.999% of cars out there will never see half of what they are "supposed" to run. Get over it.

If you ever get back to where you were born, (If that's anywhere near Thompson Raceway Park) let me know. I'd love to run my underpowered, 2 decade old LT1 against that brand new supercharged 5.0 stang so I can hear you cry about your own driver mod.
Old 02-21-2012, 08:22 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by sepsis
My favorite is when people lose because they missed a shift.
waaayyyyyy back when, i lost so many races due to missed 2-3 shifts it wasn't funny. that was in my 83 mustang. long throws. when i broke the oe tranny, i put a better later model t5 in it, short throw shifter, and pulled the seat up closer to the dash, rather than sitting all the way back like a retard trying to look cool. never missed a shift again.