Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

$100 race~99 Bolt-on Z28 vs 02 Bolt-on/Cam T/A~Video Inside

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2012, 05:12 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

thats awesome for $100.good kill. i wish guys would run for that much around my parts. i will get lucky if someone will run for $25. my friend it gonna turbo his 04 gt mustang. should be at 550whp. im going HCIE 100 shot. should be a good race. maybe for $25
Old 02-22-2012, 05:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BigBirdLS1
I usually dont race for money either. But this guy I know said that he had the fastest car at the little meet we had. 15 ish cars were there. I calmly told him "you don't have the fastest car here" hell I didn't either but he said " I've got $250 to prove I'm the fastest car here." I went to the ATM and put out my $250 and well I won. Haven't seen him or his car since. It's over 2 yrs. Lol
I love stories like this. What kind of car did he have?
Old 02-22-2012, 05:32 PM
10 Second Club

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Guyi n my college few years back had a brand new 2010 ss. Kept talking trash on my littl bolt-on 99 z28. So anyway one day he wanted to run for $150. We went out and ran that night and I pulled 3 cars on him. He drove away pissed and didn't pay up tell later some people finally persuaded him to pay up $75. Still bs he never did give me the $150 wich still pisses me off lol. He claimed I had a cam and **** when clearly my car does not have any chop to it. Very poor loser lol
Old 02-22-2012, 09:58 PM
12 Second Club

LS1Tech 10 Year

Originally Posted by sweet99ss
It's not to hard to pick out the cocky dudes who think they're faster than anything to race for $. Especially when you pretty much know there exact mods list. My friend owned this T/A I raced before this guy lol. After the race he was asking me what his cam specs and **** were LOL.
My car is really fast and id beat you!!!! Want to race for a $250 in a couple weeks when i get my rear?
Old 02-22-2012, 10:14 PM
TECH Enthusiast

ScreaminRedZ i would quote your post but I can't on my phone.

The car he had was an original B-series hatch. He pretty much gutted it except for the front seats. He had a bolt on H22 swapped into it. I do not know the tranny in it or what kind of power it made. My car was a bolton 75 shot car and he just couldn't comprehend how bad he got beat. Easily 3 cars and I wasn't WOT for 1/2 of 4th gear. Race was ~35-115.
Old 02-22-2012, 10:19 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I said a 75 shot because you didn't pull like a 100 shot should (now it makes since because you didn't spray him immediately) and not too many people waste time with a 50 shot.

I'm going to guess a 100 hit since you sprayed late.
Old 02-22-2012, 11:46 PM
10 Second Club

so how much u spraying?
Old 02-23-2012, 09:33 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by 97camaro383
My car is really fast and id beat you!!!! Want to race for a $250 in a couple weeks when i get my rear?
Your car is slow as ****. Even slower than prestons lt1 . I will race you this weekend for $100. Good luck keepn up on jack stands!
Old 02-23-2012, 10:04 AM

Originally Posted by BigBirdLS1
ScreaminRedZ i would quote your post but I can't on my phone.

The car he had was an original B-series hatch. He pretty much gutted it except for the front seats. He had a bolt on H22 swapped into it. I do not know the tranny in it or what kind of power it made. My car was a bolton 75 shot car and he just couldn't comprehend how bad he got beat. Easily 3 cars and I wasn't WOT for 1/2 of 4th gear. Race was ~35-115.
Lol, it's always funny when people don't realize how much faster some cars are than their own. A guy called me out with his very mild bolt-on LS1 when I was making 420 rwhp cam-only. He was so cocky that he raced me with 2 passengers in his car. After I murdered him twice he looked like he was going to cry and couldn't quite understand how it happened. He must have used the term "factory freak" 10 times when referring to his car before the race.
Old 02-23-2012, 10:11 AM
TECH Addict

Nice kill, OP. I agree that I don't run for money (at least not my own money), but it always makes it interesting to watch or be involved in a race when some dollars are on the line. I have raced for ice cream before, though. lol
Old 02-23-2012, 10:21 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by ScreaminRedZ
Lol, it's always funny when people don't realize how much faster some cars are than their own. A guy called me out with his very mild bolt-on LS1 when I was making 420 rwhp cam-only. He was so cocky that he raced me with 2 passengers in his car. After I murdered him twice he looked like he was going to cry and couldn't quite understand how it happened. He must have used the term "factory freak" 10 times when referring to his car before the race.
That was one of the best nights of my life. All we heard from multiple people for weeks before this went down was that this car was some kind of factory freak and he never loses a race to anyone. "Factory freak, factory freak, factory freak...unbeatable...blah blah blah." Bolt-on only LS1 car. Keep in mind that SRZ's car made a legit 420rwhp SAE on a dynojet and backed it up with strong traps at multiple tracks.

So the guy shows up with two extra people in his car and doesn't want either or both of them to ride with someone else to save the weight. SRZ puts his girlfriend in my car so that he could run at his best, both of us thinking that just maybe this guy is spraying everyone and not telling them. So we head out to run.

SRZ's girlfriend and I are behind in my car to see it go down and I'm explaining to her that either this guy is lying out his *** about his mods or he's just dumb as all **** seriously thinking he has a chance. We almost couldn't believe there was any way someone could be this oblivious about the mod/power difference in the same exact cars, nevermind showing up with all the extra weight in his car and turning down the opportunity for them to hop in my car.

Well, turns out the guy was straight up honest and just had no idea what was going on. It was one of the worst beat downs I've seen with SRZ just putting length after length on the guy. There was no mercy. After all was said and done, I believe he even asked SRZ if he would do a cam install for him since he was in disbelief about how bad he got beat. He kept saying over and over that he had never been beat before. All of his friends must have been oblivious, too, because even the guy who setup the race and knew SRZ's car didn't think the guy was gonna lose.

I still get a kick out of telling people this story on a regular basis.
Old 02-23-2012, 10:29 AM
TECH Enthusiast

^^^^ Thats wicked funny
Old 02-23-2012, 11:53 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by ZFreie
^^^^ Thats wicked funny
"wicked funny"? Are you from europe or happen to be off the harry potter cast?
Old 02-23-2012, 12:34 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I'm from New England my friend, people say alot weirder things up here lol
Old 02-23-2012, 04:03 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by sweet99ss
"wicked funny"? Are you from europe or happen to be off the harry potter cast?
I LOLd
Old 02-26-2012, 06:29 PM
MASS seller approved

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

nice kill must be nice to pay for 2+ bottles in 1 race
Old 02-27-2012, 10:45 AM
10 Second Club

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

Funny I had a similar thing happen to me when I had my SS that had a 408 in it and a 200 shot on it. This young guy in a 03 Cobra saw me driving around and gave my car a thumbs down out of his window. I turned around and got beside him at a light in traffic and asked him why he did that and he told me that my car doesn't have anything for him, mind you it is loping like crazy at the light. I told him you don't even know what I have done and he said it didn't matter his car was faster, so I said follow to the highway.

We get to the highway and take off and I pull car after car on him and slow back down. They pull upbeside me and say bottles are for babies, insinuating I sprayed them because they lost and they said they smelled it? WTF? Anyway I got them to pull over and informed them that I didn't even have my bottle open but if they want to get assraped I can and we can go again. His jaw kind of hit the floor and asked me how much big of a shot I had and when I said a 200 shot his jaw opened more and he said, so you 200 MORE HP when you spray over how it just ran? He was dumbfounded at how I ran away from him N/A and couldn't understand how a N/A motored car could be so fast. He was just oblivious to how things worked. Turned out he was pullied and thats probably why he was so shocked, it was funny to his face though and how quickly he backed down from running me on spray.