Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Charger SRT8 vs Mach 1 (The Rematch)

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2012, 09:17 PM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by HioSSilver
Who jerked your chain

Notch can tell ya there is a little something to driving a auto ....he has found out the hard way.
yea not much i get butt hurt about but this does. on more than one ocasion i have out ran a v8 colorado with way more mods than me and a auto ss. my car was very mild both times. i would out run the owner 3 or more times then the midget gets in and pulls me 1 car on colorado and 3 in ss.. from here on out im not counting theese as losses because the owner wasnt really driving! last time i will admit to this from now on i will ignore. so yes auto and driver can make difference just not as much as a stick
Old 02-23-2012, 09:23 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 88blackgt
Looks like he took a break from jerking you, you can have him back though not my thing
if i paid for you a class on how to read a gear chart would you accept??? you never answered when i asked your age. im not that old you may be older
Old 02-23-2012, 09:25 PM
10 Second Club

Received 412 Likes on 330 Posts

Originally Posted by 92cobranotch
yea not much i get butt hurt about but this does. on more than one ocasion i have out ran a v8 colorado with way more mods than me and a auto ss. my car was very mild both times. i would out run the owner 3 or more times then the midget gets in and pulls me 1 car on colorado and 3 in ss.. from here on out im not counting theese as losses because the owner wasnt really driving! last time i will admit to this from now on i will ignore. so yes auto and driver can make difference just not as much as a stick
I love that story
Old 02-23-2012, 09:31 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Stopsign32v
No offense but the "I'll show you later" thing isn't exactly working in your favor. If you don't have it RIGHT NOW then just keep shut until you do have it. That's just my .02 and not a jab towards you, I just hate when people do that in general. Also "future mods" in sigs kill me too.

Also you have an automatic, how is the driver mod going to come into play there? J/W cause I've never owned an automatic...seems pretty cut and dry to me though.
Later as when I get to a computer to post old vids when my car was a mild bolt-on car. The car has already ran as it will be when it comes back. Went back down because of valvetrain issues. So there is no future mods in sig here man.

As far as driver mod in a auto depends on alot really roll race with a crappy valve body can be tricky when there is a big delay You will find the limiter fast.
Old 02-23-2012, 09:32 PM
Teching In

I love that story
i think when im not jerkin ya as 88gt said. you **** to a pic of yourself leaning over ur ss in a pair of thongs
Old 02-23-2012, 09:37 PM
Banned

Here is what the diffrence a driver/set-up and tune make.

First race mach 1 5 spd cai, x-pipe, cat-back, NO tune vs bolt-on neon.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NCRq0...2&feature=plcp

Same turbo Neon (same mods/same roll) vs Mach 1 Auto, cai, spacer, x-pipe, catback, Tune.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TgafU...3&feature=plcp

Last edited by automach1; 02-23-2012 at 09:47 PM.
Old 02-23-2012, 09:44 PM
10 Second Club

Received 412 Likes on 330 Posts

i think when im not jerkin ya as 88gt said. you **** to a pic of yourself leaning over ur ss in a pair of thongs
Nope...I **** to those dirty pics you sent big boy.....Now if you would grow a little more hair on that sexy back I could feel like I was ******* a teddy bear.
Old 02-23-2012, 09:45 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by GotHemi?
I would love to. Keep in mind i have a 200 shot to slap on top of that plus weight reduction. Not saying it will be enough just letting u kno it wont be a walk in the park like u may be thinking.

It made 424 on a DD Dyno...
200 shot damn lol. We could do it one night on the pad maybe Idk if I will have enough for you but I will give it try man. I bet it rolls out on the 200.
Any times on the 200?

Its 370ci...note that a h/c/i full bolt on 3v mustang didnt make 300rwhp on this dyno. Stock 6.1's barely crack 300. L99's make under 300 also. Watched a C5R with a LSX 427 put down only 470.

Put in my times with a race weight of 4400 into any of the calculators and see what kinda HP number they spit out.

U of all ppl Stoppy knows that a dyno is only a tool right??
What dyno are you ralking about?
Old 02-23-2012, 09:48 PM
Teching In

Nope...I **** to those dirty pics you sent big boy.....Now if you would grow a little more hair on that sexy back I could feel like I was ******* a teddy bear.
roflmao i forgot i sent you the holloween party one where i was in hairy drag lmao
Old 02-23-2012, 09:54 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by automach1
200 shot damn lol. We could do it one night on the pad maybe Idk if I will have enough for you but I will give it try man. I bet it rolls out on the 200.
Any times on the 200?
In that case yall should do a dig, The Pad hooks as good as the track if not better.
Old 02-23-2012, 10:55 PM
Staging Lane

Any times on the 200?

What dyno are you ralking about?
Never on the 200...tried the 175 and damn blew the *** end off the car. (broken axles). I just said 200 cause i figured id need it and i kno the motor will take it with sum race gas.

Im actually currently retired from racing. (not by choice) have a 6 month old and the gf isnt having it. But i do plan to sneak my way back in the scene gradually. Lol

The dyno i use is shr's...dyno dynamics
Old 02-23-2012, 11:06 PM
Banned

Never on the 200...tried the 175 and damn blew the *** end off the car. (broken axles). I just said 200 cause i figured id need it and i kno the motor will take it with sum race gas.

Im actually currently retired from racing. (not by choice) have a 6 month old and the gf isnt having it. But i do plan to sneak my way back in the scene gradually. Lol

The dyno i use is shr's...dyno dynamics
I hear ya man I will hit you up when my cars ready to see if you can sneak away one night Maybe atleast come out to bs regardless of race.
Old 02-23-2012, 11:06 PM
TECH Regular

Why the **** did a vid of a Neon get posted in this thread? You guys honestly kill me. OP posted a vid of the win. Obviously his car is quicker. Who the hell cares what you think you or your uncles cousins sister-in-laws brothers friends nieces husbands car runs.

Again, nice kill OP. ers gonna I guess.
Old 02-23-2012, 11:09 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by why87
Why the **** did a vid of a Neon get posted in this thread? You guys honestly kill me. OP posted a vid of the win. Obviously his car is quicker. Who the hell cares what you think you or your uncles cousins sister-in-laws brothers friends nieces husbands car runs.

Just becasue he beats a couple crap machs does not mean his **** would pound any bolt-on mach on the road Regardless good kill nite your car runs well.
Old 02-24-2012, 03:20 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by why87

LMAO!!!

Of all the Ford excuses I've heard I think the "needs a driver mod on the auto" tops them all

Last edited by CyberGrey Z28; 02-24-2012 at 03:21 AM. Reason: ...
Old 02-24-2012, 03:48 AM
Staging Lane

I hear ya man I will hit you up when my cars ready to see if you can sneak away one night Maybe atleast come out to bs regardless of race.
Sounds good to me
Old 02-24-2012, 07:56 AM
On The Tree

Received 71 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by odthetruth
In to bare witness to the fanboyism.

You pulled on him good. Nice kill.

[edit]
What are you using to edit the video (put in the words, mods, etc)
awwwww come on i wanted to hear an excuse to why this mach was 10 busses slower than all the rest
Originally Posted by 2SSARME
Oh god. I can just see the excuses and bitching and crying from the machslow owners now.
and...

Here is what the diffrence a driver/set-up and tune make.

First race mach 1 5 spd cai, x-pipe, cat-back, NO tune vs bolt-on neon.

Same turbo Neon (same mods/same roll) vs Mach 1 Auto, cai, spacer, x-pipe, catback, Tune.
Just becasue he beats a couple crap machs does not mean his **** would pound any bolt-on mach on the road Regardless good kill nite your car runs well.
Old 02-24-2012, 08:51 AM

Originally Posted by CyberGrey Z28
LMAO!!!

Of all the Ford excuses I've heard I think the "needs a driver mod on the auto" tops them all
I'm pretty sure the "driver mod" excuse has been brought up in previous threads when talking about SRT-8's getting beaten or running "slower than they should" times.
Old 02-24-2012, 09:03 AM
TECH Enthusiast

So your telling me an auto Mach 1 pulled 2 cars with the same mods as a m5 that lost by 1 1/2 to the same car from a roll. BS your selling but I'm not buying it for a second.
Old 02-24-2012, 09:40 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by BigBirdLS1
So your telling me an auto Mach 1 pulled 2 cars with the same mods as a m5 that lost by 1 1/2 to the same car from a roll. BS your selling but I'm not buying it for a second.
M5 w/ no tune vs Auto w/ tune

Quick Reply: Charger SRT8 vs Mach 1 (The Rematch)