Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

MS3 Z28 vs N54 BMW 335i

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2012, 01:50 PM
Captain Double Post

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

good kill, i love my ms4 cam for roll races, you have so much left in your combo to improve, with every lil mod it will only get that much better, thought the big excuse list at the start was pretty funny, i find it funny as hell when you spank someone that bad and the cry baby crap starts, when i get raped i say good kill ,nice ride. i guess thats the ricer in some people lol
Old 02-25-2012, 04:06 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Andy,

What heads are you running? Your car sounds and runs great! Nice kill.

I showed the wife the video hoping she would approve of a cam for a nice wedding anny gift. <crosses fingers>
Old 02-25-2012, 06:01 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by DarkblueTA
Andy,

What heads are you running? Your car sounds and runs great! Nice kill.

I showed the wife the video hoping she would approve of a cam for a nice wedding anny gift. <crosses fingers>
Thanks, I'm running the stock 853s, never been touched. (I still have stock lifters with this cam haha) and good luck convincing the wife for a cam! Go big or go home!

Originally Posted by BOBS99SS
good kill, i love my ms4 cam for roll races, you have so much left in your combo to improve, with every lil mod it will only get that much better, thought the big excuse list at the start was pretty funny, i find it funny as hell when you spank someone that bad and the cry baby crap starts, when i get raped i say good kill ,nice ride. i guess thats the ricer in some people lol
Thanks, and I don't understand, I've had my fair shares of losses and I just say good race and nice car. I'm happy I went with this big a cam, now I will feel even more of an improvement whenever I do a mod, getting another 10 bolt with 4.10s in the next week or 2 and I'm hoping it will be even faster!
Old 02-25-2012, 07:20 PM
9 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Had it not jumped to 2nd back to 3rd it would have been closer, but even then I see the camaro pulling a couple cars. Good runs op
Old 02-25-2012, 07:28 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by willizm
Had it not jumped to 2nd back to 3rd it would have been closer, but even then I see the camaro pulling a couple cars. Good runs op
Thanks, was hoping someone with the same car could put some input! Hopefully we'll run again in 2 weeks.
Old 02-25-2012, 07:39 PM
Teching In

Wow! I'm use to seeing a mod list in videos but not a excuse list. Kid sounds like a ricer at heart. Nice kill man, car sounds awesome. You can tell MS3 cam loves high RPM.
Old 02-27-2012, 02:34 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by karpetcm
You just pulled him easy, especially once you get to your top end its all over. Good kill OP.
Did u watch the same video??

The pull is completely stopped by 120mph. Watch the fair run.

Great run OP. You can really see the N/A advantage when he doesn't brake boost.
Old 02-27-2012, 04:59 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by onurleft

Did you watch the same video as everyone else? The 1st and 3rd run the LS1 pulled the BMW hard and you can't tell when the "pull is completely stopped by 120mph" because the windshield mirror is blocking the view. LOL! Please post up the vid you're referring to
Old 02-27-2012, 07:48 AM
TECH Addict

I think you need to watch that again, man. Did you watch it with sound? There were three runs and they went like this:

1) BMW got murdered and Camaro kept pulling all the way until he let out.

2) Camaro started pulling and missed a shift, so they let out.

3) BMW got murdered again pretty much the same as the first race with the Camaro continuing to pull until he let out.

With those heads on the car, that Camaro is likely puttin down around 400 to the rear wheels SAE on a dynojet, maybe a little more if it's a strong car. But even after the Camaro disappeared behind the mirror, you could hear it continuing to put lengths on the 335 as the sound of it fades into the distance.

I'm not too savvy on the 335i's, but what I do know is that this one got walked very hard and never stopped the pull. Something of note is that the BMW had a heavy passenger and driver, though, so if the LS1 didn't have a passenger and they swapped him in, it would have helped the 335 out a bit.

Last edited by PewterScreaminMach; 02-27-2012 at 08:23 AM.
Old 02-27-2012, 08:55 AM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by AndyIsLost
Thanks, was hoping someone with the same car could put some input! Hopefully we'll run again in 2 weeks.
NP, you definitely have the faster car. There is a current brick wall with these cars until the fueling gets sorted out. The magic number is 450whp it seems. Without supplemental fueling besides the use of Meth there isn't much anyone can do with it. Imagine being stuck on stock injectors for the ls1. That's the situation with the N54, but with that said there is one tuner that just came out with a fueling solution to push past that barrier and so far the car is showing great gains. It will be interesting to see if the n54 turns into the next 2jz-gte as they share a similar straight 6, 3 liter design although the Toyota is a closed deck design.
Old 02-27-2012, 09:41 AM
Teching In

Maybe it's ls1 fanboism but last I checked a car that traps 120-125 and a car that traps 115-120 that jumps the gun is going to pull then get slowly reeled in. Watch the 3rd run people, the pull is done at 120.

The only race where it gets "destroyed" is the race where he jumps out 2 cars. Duh ...
Noted,
He didn't brake boost
His passenger weight is 150lbs more
At the hit his car is downshifting from 3rd to 2nd instead of going
He doesn't really know what he's doing

Great footage, but I think this shouldn't go unmentioned..
Old 02-27-2012, 11:30 AM
9 Second Club

Maybe it's ls1 fanboism but last I checked a car that traps 120-125 and a car that traps 115-120 that jumps the gun is going to pull then get slowly reeled in. Watch the 3rd run people, the pull is done at 120.

The only race where it gets "destroyed" is the race where he jumps out 2 cars. Duh ...
Noted,
He didn't brake boost

I'm confused. You are the driver of the Camaro right? Sorry, sig doesn't really point which one you are in the video. Otherwise you really can't break boost a 335i. The ECU cuts power when the brake is being pressed so you are better off just romping on the throttle, but best to preselect a gear and hold it. Even if the camaro took the passenger I'd still see the n54 losing the run.
Old 02-27-2012, 11:37 AM
TECH Fanatic

Noted,
He didn't brake boost

LOL, you mad bro? Stop making excuses as if the vid didn't have enough already. He didn't brake boost and the passenger is X weight blah blah blah... All I see is you being butt hurt. RUN WHAT YA BRUNG AND HOPE ITS ENOUGH
Old 02-27-2012, 11:41 AM
TECH Addict

Noted,
He didn't brake boost

You're living in a fairy tale world. That Camaro walked and kept walking. Did that BMW in the video ACTUALLY trap 120-125? Did that Camaro in the video ACTUALLY trap 115-120? Stop throwing out internet forum numbers and watch what ACTUALLY happened on video. Regardless of all the variables of that particular race, that BMW got smoked. And pretty badly. All the way until the Camaro let out.

EDIT: And in the last race you keep talking about, you can actually SEE the BMW tach in the video and SEE that the Camaro did not jump before the 335 stepped on the gas. Pause it at 1:12 and have a look for yourself. It just plain got YANKED.
Old 02-27-2012, 01:00 PM
12 Second Club

Received 51 Likes on 37 Posts

IF this is even disputable just line them up again with the camera mounted on the 335i's dash (so we can see how far ahead the Camaro actually gets) and get some new runs.
Old 02-27-2012, 01:17 PM
TECH Resident

Not sure what race any of yall are watchin, but there was no jump on first race. Camaro left right after 3 rd honk. Dont know about any of yall but im not waiting for the guy next to me to go, 3rd honk im gone...and good kill.
Old 02-27-2012, 02:56 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by toxic99
Not sure what race any of yall are watchin, but there was no jump on first race. Camaro left right after 3 rd honk. Dont know about any of yall but im not waiting for the guy next to me to go, 3rd honk im gone...and good kill.
Camaro didn't jump the first run, the trans shifted and cost him the race. Ive lost a race doing the same thing before. Manually shifting is the only way to go. Regardless the camaro is faster between the two and brake boosting does not work on a 335i due to ecu nannies. Even then brake boosting is negligible as the twins spool so quick anyway. They can race 10 more times and the camaro will pull away end of story.
Old 02-27-2012, 03:16 PM
Teching In

Lol! Let's all jerk it for the W. Screw the variables, this is ls1tech kills right?

1:22-1:23 the pull is done, that's 120-125 indicated. End of story. He in no way carried the momentum he did at the hit, and in 4th once the BMW is also in 4th gear.
Only way to find out is run them for more than 60-70mph intervals with a driver who knows what he's doing. The 335 has to recover from too much against it and needs more time/speed to make up for it

Yes the car easily traps over 120mph, I also beat it to 40-120 in an N/A 6 cylinder, knowing I didn't have the top end to pull it at a faster speed and he would have a delay at the start. See video's.

Originally Posted by toxic99
What I define a jump, is when car A. leaves before car B regardless of where the honks are. In this case the Camaro was gone before the BMW hit the gas, before it was in the right gear and before the turbo's were spooled in said gear.
In the 2nd race he anticipated that delay well but the Camaro mis-shifted
In the 3rd race he anticipated it better, but it still went down a gear spooled, then back up right away, then continued

Last edited by onurleft; 02-27-2012 at 03:41 PM.
Old 02-27-2012, 03:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

Lol! Let's all jerk it for the W. Screw the variables, this is ls1tech kills right?

1:22-1:23 the pull is done, that's 120-125 indicated. End of story. He in no way carried the momentum he did at the hit, and in 3rd once the BMW is in 4th gear.
Only way to find out is run them for more than 60-70mph intervals with a driver who knows what he's doing. The 335 has to recover from too much against it and needs more time/speed to make up for it

Yes the car easily traps over 120mph, I also beat it to 40-120 in an N/A 6 cylinder, knowing I didn't have to top end to pull it at a faster speed. See video's.
Cool story bro! KTHNXBYE
Old 02-27-2012, 06:04 PM
12 Second Club

Received 51 Likes on 37 Posts

Just redo the race and give the 335i the hit, it's easy enough if you guys are close and will put an end to what ifs.

Quick Reply: MS3 Z28 vs N54 BMW 335i