Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

MS3 Z28 vs N54 BMW 335i

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2012, 06:10 PM
9 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by onurleft
Lol! Let's all jerk it for the W. Screw the variables, this is ls1tech kills right?

1:22-1:23 the pull is done, that's 120-125 indicated. End of story. He in no way carried the momentum he did at the hit, and in 4th once the BMW is also in 4th gear.
Only way to find out is run them for more than 60-70mph intervals with a driver who knows what he's doing. The 335 has to recover from too much against it and needs more time/speed to make up for it

Yes the car easily traps over 120mph, I also beat it to 40-120 in an N/A 6 cylinder, knowing I didn't have the top end to pull it at a faster speed and he would have a delay at the start. See video's.

What I define a jump, is when car A. leaves before car B regardless of where the honks are. In this case the Camaro was gone before the BMW hit the gas, before it was in the right gear and before the turbo's were spooled in said gear.
In the 2nd race he anticipated that delay well but the Camaro mis-shifted
In the 3rd race he anticipated it better, but it still went down a gear spooled, then back up right away, then continued
You got beat every time unless you want to count the misshift on the camaro as a win go ahead. What map are you running on your jb4 and what is your meth boost additive set to(20, 30. 45, etc)? Also you should know better than to shift at redline. Boost tapers too much and you are better off doing it at 6-6500rpm depending on the gear. Plus your an AT and you kickdown like crazy during those runs. Look at your speedo. At the third honk hold the throttle down about 80% and then keep it mashed once you are over 5k rpm. The FSB will still flow meth and you'll not kick down.

You lost, learn from it and come back for another race. Don't make excuses about it and cry how your car should have won. The driver loses or wins the race, the car does not. BTW, I'm an FBO/Meth/JB4 car as well. Those Heads and Cam ls1 cars are no joke and even if you ran at full potential don't expect an easy win because you have a good possibility of being heart broken.

Last edited by willizm; 02-27-2012 at 06:16 PM.
Old 02-27-2012, 06:54 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

LOL @ onurleft clown with his slow bmw on a domestic site trying to back it up.

the BMW got walked. You seem like a clown like this guy was....

https://ls1tech.com/forums/street-ra...ivic-vids.html
Old 02-27-2012, 07:02 PM
11 Second Club

Oh wow lol, let me put a little bit of input, I also had a passenger, although she only weighs 115 pounds, and I weigh 140. my pulls were NEVER stopped, I kept going until I let off, and as PSM noted, you can hear my car getting further and further away.

onurleft, you're pretty funny man, angry a 154K mile LS1 beat your beloved 335i? It's street racing and anything can happen, that's why it's fun. it isn't my fault my car was set on kill. I'll be racing him again in about 2 weeks anyway.

You're making BMW owners seem bad, the guy I raced took the loss in stride, said good race, and made the video. Did he have some excuses? yeah, but whatever.

and nice thread kidcamaro, hopefully my MS3 will roll out like that one day. Getting 4.10s this week hoping it'll make a difference
Old 02-27-2012, 08:06 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by willizm
You got beat every time unless you want to count the misshift on the camaro as a win go ahead. What map are you running on your jb4 and what is your meth boost additive set to(20, 30. 45, etc)? Also you should know better than to shift at redline. Boost tapers too much and you are better off doing it at 6-6500rpm depending on the gear. Plus your an AT and you kickdown like crazy during those runs. Look at your speedo. At the third honk hold the throttle down about 80% and then keep it mashed once you are over 5k rpm. The FSB will still flow meth and you'll not kick down.

You lost, learn from it and come back for another race. Don't make excuses about it and cry how your car should have won. The driver loses or wins the race, the car does not. BTW, I'm an FBO/Meth/JB4 car as well. Those Heads and Cam ls1 cars are no joke and even if you ran at full potential don't expect an easy win because you have a good possibility of being heart broken.
I drive an M3, not a 335. This is why I came at this race with an objective point of view.

Like I was saying, the 335 needed someone who knew what they were doing.

I didn't refute the win, I exclaimed the pull was stopped and the race was too short. These are quick cars we need to see them stretch their legs beyond 60-70mph acceleration intervals

Originally Posted by AndyIsLost
Oh wow lol, let me put a little bit of input, I also had a passenger, although she only weighs 115 pounds, and I weigh 140. my pulls were NEVER stopped, I kept going until I let off, and as PSM noted, you can hear my car getting further and further away.

onurleft, you're pretty funny man, angry a 154K mile LS1 beat your beloved 335i? It's street racing and anything can happen, that's why it's fun. it isn't my fault my car was set on kill. I'll be racing him again in about 2 weeks anyway.

You're making BMW owners seem bad, the guy I raced took the loss in stride, said good race, and made the video. Did he have some excuses? yeah, but whatever.

and nice thread kidcamaro, hopefully my MS3 will roll out like that one day. Getting 4.10s this week hoping it'll make a difference
Again, objective opinion. I do not care. I just posted a video of a stock GT0 shytting on a modded 335...

The thread lacked valid information other than a brigade of who-ra's for a win that involved no pervious history or money. Hint: it's about the cars, what I have been talking about not the win..

Last edited by onurleft; 02-27-2012 at 08:24 PM.
Old 02-27-2012, 08:19 PM
9 Second Club

I drive an M3, not a 335. This is why I came at this race with an objective point of view.

Like I was saying, the 335 needed someone who knew what they were doing, as well as no 230lb passenger.

I didn't refute the win, I exclaimed the pull was stopped and the race was too short. These are quick cars we need to see them stretch their legs beyond 60-70mph acceleration intervals
Too short?!?! watch the speedo you can see him get upwards of 120-140 for both runs sans the miss-shift run. What do you expect them to do, go to 180mph of public roads, lol. Honestly being an owner of both cars in question I'd think it would be nothing but worse for the 335i from a dig so you objective view is about as promising as a fat kid abstaining from cake.
Old 02-27-2012, 08:21 PM
11 Second Club

I honestly liked my 3.42's better for the highway with the ms3. No doubt the 4.10's are better from a dig tho.
Old 02-27-2012, 08:22 PM
11 Second Club

Like I was saying, the 335 needed someone who knew what they were doing, as well as no 230lb passenger.

Again, objective opinion. I do not care. I just posted a video of a stock GT0 shytting on a modded 335...

The thread lacked valid information other than a brigade of who-ra's for a win that involved no pervious history or money. Hint: it's about the cars, what I have been talking about not the win..
cut the ****. Your excuses blow.
Old 02-27-2012, 08:29 PM
Teching In

Too short?!?! watch the speedo you can see him get upwards of 120-140 for both runs sans the miss-shift run. What do you expect them to do, go to 180mph of public roads, lol. Honestly being an owner of both cars in question I'd think it would be nothing but worse for the 335i from a dig so you objective view is about as promising as a fat kid abstaining from cake.
I am not even counting the first race..

Wrong gear and he kick downs to where all his torque and power tapers off with zero anticipation????
Consider the Camaro set out 3 cars then....

The 3rd race stops at @125ish indicated and owning a 335 i'm sure you know the speedo's read fast.
Old 02-27-2012, 08:31 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by kidcamaro98
cut the ****. Your excuses blow.
Try reading before you post big man. Nobody on my computer cars about who won.
Old 02-27-2012, 08:37 PM
11 Second Club

Try reading before you post big man. Nobody on my computer cars about who won.
your talking about how the bmw had more passenger weight and all this other ****. Passenger weight excuses = biggest ricer excuse in the book.
\your on the wrong forum bud.
Old 02-27-2012, 08:45 PM
9 Second Club

I am not even counting the first race..

Wrong gear and he kick downs to where all his torque and power tapers off with zero anticipation????
Consider the Camaro set out 3 cars then....

The 3rd race stops at @125ish indicated and owning a 335 i'm sure you know the speedo's read fast.
At no point in the 3rd race did the 335i even begin to stop the camaro's pull. Do you think that if it went from 125-140 that the camaro would hit a brick wall and the 335i would hit warp drive and take the win?

I'd love to see a 335i eat a cammed camaro, but I call it like it is and on this day the bigger dog is definitely the camaro. Even if the 335i guy drove to it's full potential I still see the camaro pulling a couple car lengths on him.
Old 02-27-2012, 09:47 PM
12 Second Club

Received 51 Likes on 37 Posts

That brick wall doesn't hit until you shift to 5th. **** 5th gear.
Old 02-28-2012, 09:20 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Lol! Let's all jerk it for the W. Screw the variables, this is ls1tech kills right?

1:22-1:23 the pull is done, that's 120-125 indicated. End of story. He in no way carried the momentum he did at the hit, and in 4th once the BMW is also in 4th gear.
Only way to find out is run them for more than 60-70mph intervals with a driver who knows what he's doing. The 335 has to recover from too much against it and needs more time/speed to make up for it

Yes the car easily traps over 120mph, I also beat it to 40-120 in an N/A 6 cylinder, knowing I didn't have the top end to pull it at a faster speed and he would have a delay at the start. See video's.

What I define a jump, is when car A. leaves before car B regardless of where the honks are. In this case the Camaro was gone before the BMW hit the gas, before it was in the right gear and before the turbo's were spooled in said gear.
In the 2nd race he anticipated that delay well but the Camaro mis-shifted
In the 3rd race he anticipated it better, but it still went down a gear spooled, then back up right away, then continued
You didn't answer me. Has THIS PARTICULAR CAR ever gone to the track and actually trapped 120-125 miles per hour? Does the owner have a timeslip from an actual track with this particular car on this particular setup the way it was run in the video displaying a 120-125 mph trap speed?

Again, you're delusional. That Camaro walked the BMW all the way right to the end. If they let out at 120 or 125 mph, then that's where the pull ended because that's where the Camaro let off, NOT because that's where the BMW stopped his pull. The Camaro kept pulling.

You saying that we're throwing the variables out the window is the most retarded statement I've heard in a long time. The variables exist. They caused the outcome. The only people who had control over those variables were the owners/drivers of both cars and that's how they showed up to race. It doesn't matter what would have happened if that car was running and being driven at 100% of what that type of setup on that type of car is capable of because that's not how the car showed up. It showed up with enough power to get walked hard by a cam-only Camaro likely making somewhere in the 400rwhp +/- range to whatever speed the Camaro let out. Your argument basically says there's no reason in actually putting these two cars together and running them on video because you already know what cars like these are both capable of. Get outta here with that nonsense.

The dyno and bench racing forum can be located here: https://ls1tech.com/forums/dyno-gues...ing-forum-150/

The only fanboi in this thread is you as a BMW owner. The rest of us are basing our comments off of actual video footage. If you don't want to accept that, enjoy your little world of make believe, internet forum numbers, and bench racing.
Old 02-28-2012, 09:40 AM
12 Second Club

I change my answer the BMW clearly won.
Old 02-28-2012, 10:29 AM

AndyIsLost, good kill!

I vote for a race between PSM and the BMW in the video. Should be close since they both trap similar, right? Of course, PSM would probably just go after the 3rd honk instead of waiting for the other guy to go first. What a jerk.

Last edited by ScreaminRedZ; 02-28-2012 at 11:23 AM.
Old 02-28-2012, 11:27 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by ScreaminRedZ
AndyIsLost, good kill!

I vote for a race between PSM and the BMW in the video. Should be close since they both trap similar, right? Of course, PSM would probably just go after the 3rd honk instead of waiting for the other guy to go first. What a jerk.
He should wait for a 4th honk before going just to make it 'fair' to the BMW crowd since they can't brake boost.
Old 02-28-2012, 11:32 AM
9 Second Club

FWIW, here is the owner of the 335i's post over on n54tech. Not all of us BMW folk are full retard like onurleft. Hopefully the N54 won't become the new SRK Mach1 fanboi club

http://www.n54tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15172
Old 02-28-2012, 12:36 PM
12 Second Club

FWIW, here is the owner of the 335i's post over on n54tech. Not all of us BMW folk are full retard like onurleft. Hopefully the N54 won't become the new SRK Mach1 fanboi club

http://www.n54tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15172
We know man.. I actually get along with 99% of the N54/N55 people I've talked to. Some people just let the 'elitism' get to their heads.
Old 02-28-2012, 02:36 PM
11 Second Club

http://bimmerboost.com/showthread.php?20858-N54-vs-LS1

Thanks willizm, i've been watching this thread on bimmerboost.

and thanks you ScreamingRedz
Old 02-28-2012, 02:48 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

http://bimmerboost.com/showthread.php?20858-N54-vs-LS1

Thanks willizm, i've been watching this thread on bimmerboost.

and thanks you ScreamingRedz
It won't let me PM you, what front runner tires did you use on your racestar setup??

Quick Reply: MS3 Z28 vs N54 BMW 335i