Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

foxbody rape 5th gen AGAIN

Search this Thread

Old 02-29-2012, 07:18 PM
On The Tree

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by assasinator
we have a tbird that's been in the rags who runs a 392 and makes 750rwhp on low boost like that. he is capable of running 13psi but that is renegade power and he isnt set up for that. 392 plus Ysi plus low boost = 750rwhp.

guy goes by 392bird on tccoa.
Does he have a YSi Vortech? If so at 8 psi he would be better off with an s trim. YSi doesn't come alive until it hits about 20 psi, then look out. Is it mounted on the driver or passenger side? I know they make kits to mount on either side but most use the driver side renegade mount. You can look at them and tell which one it is.
Old 02-29-2012, 07:21 PM
Staging Lane

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Blown383LS1
Does he have a YSi Vortech? If so at 8 psi he would be better off with an s trim. YSi doesn't come alive until it hits about 20 psi, then look out. Is it mounted on the driver or passenger side? I know they kits to mount on either side but most use the driver side renegade mount. You can look at them and tell which one it is.
It's a regular V1.

The car is completely build. N/A the car probably puts out near 550rwhp or so.

Just look at how he pulled me and look at my power levels. My torque is literally a straight line from 2k up so to pull me that hard trust me he is running probably even more.

He just blew out his 700rwhp-strength clutch yesterday btw. So we don't know what the hell type of power levels he has got... Just that he made my 6xx rwhp camaro look like a prius and he embarrassed an alpha-6 gtr.
Old 02-29-2012, 07:28 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

Does he have a YSi Vortech? If so at 8 psi he would be better off with an s trim. YSi doesn't come alive until it hits about 20 psi, then look out. Is it mounted on the driver or passenger side? I know they make kits to mount on either side but most use the driver side renegade mount. You can look at them and tell which one it is.
he drives it on the street, so low boost is all he needs for that. he is sponsored by Vortech. he designed the complete kit so they can offer it. it was free for him. that idle vid shows the setup. i was there for that video, my turbo 96gt is in the background. vid doesnt really show my car.
Old 02-29-2012, 07:28 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by 2SSARME
It's a regular V1.

Just look at how he pulled me and look at my power levels. My torque is literally a straight line from 2k up so to pull me that hard trust me he is running probably even more.

He just blew out his 700rwhp-strength clutch yesterday btw. So we don't know what the hell type of power levels he has got... Just that he made my 6xx rwhp camaro look like a prius and he embarrassed an alpha-6 gtr.
if his motor is built for it, he can just add boost till you break. its a no win for a great setup like that.
Old 02-29-2012, 07:30 PM
On The Tree

What can you say, it's an absolute beast. Good luck trying to catch him. He knew what he was doing when he built it.
Old 02-29-2012, 07:31 PM
On The Tree

he drives it on the street, so low boost is all he needs for that. he is sponsored by Vortech. he designed the complete kit so they can offer it. it was free for him. that idle vid shows the setup. i was there for that video, my turbo 96gt is in the background. vid doesnt really show my car.
I didn't see the idle vid.
Old 02-29-2012, 07:45 PM
Staging Lane

What can you say, it's an absolute beast. Good luck trying to catch him. He knew what he was doing when he built it.
We know that. He has a smaller pulley waiting and is putting in a cobra IRS.

We are just trying to get my car to his level. As is my car is one of the fastest that actively runs on the street in this country. There are plenty of 700/800/900/1000rwhp in country but NONE of them come out and they're all dyno queens.

I also just found out I have major slippage on cog and should be boosting 10lbs not the 8lbs that threw 603rwhp. Also I'm only at *19. I'm hoping the car hits over 650rwhp and I'll try again against the foxbody with a 1 car advantage.
Old 02-29-2012, 08:45 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well just look how he pulled me in the videos. I just hit 603rwhp at the dyno. And my boost comes in at 2k rpm, his comes it later since he's running a vortech.
What's the weight gap? Rhetorical question, just to point out, he could have the same power and spank you just like he did, thanks to a 2800-3000 lb ride vs your 4000 lb sled and proper gearing.

we have a tbird that's been in the rags who runs a 392 and makes 750rwhp on low boost like that. he is capable of running 13psi but that is renegade power and he isnt set up for that. 392 plus Ysi plus low boost = 750rwhp.

guy goes by 392bird on tccoa.

Bruce runs 10.5:1 and uses E85. when a 392 makes 600hp bwfore boost, it takes little to reach 750+ rwhp.

http://members.tccoa.com/392bird/ysi-idle.htm that is it at idle.
I get all that(possibilities and even probabilities), but I'm of the understanding this car is a street car, not a track car. Not saying people don't take track cars on the street or anything, but it's not all that common. Most street setups don't use high compression... 9.5 is a typical limit so they can maintain pump gas.
Old 02-29-2012, 08:57 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by It'llrun
What's the weight gap? Rhetorical question, just to point out, he could have the same power and spank you just like he did, thanks to a 2800-3000 lb ride vs your 4000 lb sled and proper gearing.
3400lbs, he weights 250lbs so 3650. My car is around 4100lbs with me in it.

The car doesn't only pull me. He pulls v10 r8s, alpha 6 gtrs, has slain a bunch of lambos. People just won't run him anymore truthfully because his slay list is so long. He just recently got some big *** mufflers, since he's running open headers, to try to quiet the car down and give it a little more sleeper sound/look.
Old 02-29-2012, 09:28 PM
TECH Addict

3400lbs, he weights 250lbs so 3650.
Huh? That's an old Fox body... How in the world does it weigh 3400?? Full tank of fuel? Passengers?? Purposely added ballast weight? That's insane for a FOX!

Still, the advantage is clear... 4-5 tenths right off the bat, with identical power curves, including his ****!
Old 02-29-2012, 10:16 PM
On The Tree

If he is making that on muscle; then he isn't gonna need a lot of boost to make big numbers.
Old 03-01-2012, 01:07 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Heater
If he is making that on muscle; then he isn't gonna need a lot of boost to make big numbers.
I know.... It what I am trying to tell people. His N/A setup alone is probably around 550-600. He's got a completely built car and stroker kit. The engine is downright badass. And the vortech is just a regular V1 boosting 8lbs. When he gets beat he has the pulley to boost 11-12lbs to come back

I know I have a boat but you guys got to remember the tvs2300 on the 5th gen make peak torque at 2k rpm and hold it consistently. Maybe with some tires if I can actually hook I can pull a car or two on him before he gets traction and it won't be so bad, but until then my ******* was ripped open.

Quick Reply: foxbody rape 5th gen AGAIN