Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by F-Body_4_Life
We have plenty.
Got any stock bikes?
Old 03-09-2012, 08:55 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by PewterScreaminMach
What are you gonna be lookin at for power and weight in the car?
No clue probably 3200 raceweight not a big fan of power to weight racing. What would a avg 200lb rider do on your bike out of curiosity?
Old 03-10-2012, 08:44 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by automach1
No clue probably 3200 raceweight not a big fan of power to weight racing. What would a avg 200lb rider do on your bike out of curiosity?
I hate to give you this response, but it really depends on his riding abilities. If he's a good rider, bottom 11, maybe a high 10 depending on the day and track. I weigh 160 plus gear, so maybe 185 fully suited. While the extra weight will affect his top end a bit, if he can launch properly and use that extra weight over the front of the bike, he'd probably be able to launch a little bit harder than me.

In my honest opinion, though, 95% of the guys you're gonna run into on the street on a bike like mine would be lucky to break past an 11.5 on their first day at the track. Most would probably be running high 11's to low 12's most of the day regardless of their weight. If you can hook well on the street with a mid to low 11-second car, you're going to beat the vast majority of the stock 600's you'll run from a dig if it's a marked 1/4 simply because most of the riders I've ever seen or met can't launch the bike to save their life. If they're not WOT from the second they start to release the clutch on the launch until they cross the 1/4 traps (minus clutchless shifts if they don't powershift), they're not running that bike near its full potential.
Old 03-10-2012, 01:22 PM
Banned

I hate to give you this response, but it really depends on his riding abilities. If he's a good rider, bottom 11, maybe a high 10 depending on the day and track. I weigh 160 plus gear, so maybe 185 fully suited. While the extra weight will affect his top end a bit, if he can launch properly and use that extra weight over the front of the bike, he'd probably be able to launch a little bit harder than me.

In my honest opinion, though, 95% of the guys you're gonna run into on the street on a bike like mine would be lucky to break past an 11.5 on their first day at the track. Most would probably be running high 11's to low 12's most of the day regardless of their weight. If you can hook well on the street with a mid to low 11-second car, you're going to beat the vast majority of the stock 600's you'll run from a dig if it's a marked 1/4 simply because most of the riders I've ever seen or met can't launch the bike to save their life. If they're not WOT from the second they start to release the clutch on the launch until they cross the 1/4 traps (minus clutchless shifts if they don't powershift), they're not running that bike near its full potential.
Oh ok I was just curious since most riders are avg and ~200lbs. Not big on running bikes but would not mind getting into it with some stock or close to stock 600s and 750s from a dig once the car is 100 percent.
Old 03-10-2012, 07:13 PM
TECH Addict

Oh ok I was just curious since most riders are avg and ~200lbs. Not big on running bikes but would not mind getting into it with some stock or close to stock 600s and 750s from a dig once the car is 100 percent.
I just realized you asked about an "average" rider on my bike and not a good one. An "average" 200 lb rider you're gonna meet on the street would probably be lucky to crack an 11.9 without instruction and a trip or two to the track. A lot of guys I know that have been riding track days for years (road course) and are considered "good" riders probably wouldn't launch to better than a high 11 on my bike if you randomly ran into them right now simply because they don't know the proper launch technique or would be afraid of launching it correctly, and it makes a HUGE difference.

Not trying to say I'm some amazing rider or anything, it's just that a lot of people don't know what they're doing from a stop. Most just bog the **** out of it or pop up the front and let out, either way losing a solid half second or more. It's not simply twisting the throttle and letting go of the clutch. Even once you get the technique, it takes quite a bit of fine tuning to get comfortable with it. I have one friend who has an 08 GSXR 600 and rides track days a lot, as well as any "average" rider. After two days at the drag strip, his best was an 11.7, I believe.

Last edited by PewterScreaminMach; 03-13-2012 at 07:31 AM.
Old 03-10-2012, 07:16 PM
Staging Lane

all you beat was the driver of the bike
Old 03-13-2012, 06:07 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm with PSM, so many people just buy a bike and think their the fastest thing on the road. When in reality they don't know wtf they are doing. I know one guy on a an 06 R6 with bolt ons thought he would beat my 08 FZ1 that is stock with sprocket. Just bc my bike doesn't really "look" the part for being fast. Anyways, I let him have the hit from a dig, I was pulling around the guy wayy before I was done with 1st. By time I was in 3rd or 4th it was bad.

Point being that most riders just don't know wtf they are doing. Who cares if they can ride a wheelie for 984 miles straight, good for them. I'll still bust their *** from a dig. I guess all those years drag racing 2 stroke dirt bikes on my road really helped me learn how to launch.
Old 03-13-2012, 11:40 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

what if i can wheelie down the highway ,around the corners ,take exits...stop at a light...wait for it to turn green and continue on all in the same wheelie? lol ive actually done it a few times. ;-)

ive got a stock 07gsxr 600 and a modded 07zx10 if anybody in the CT or surrounding areas want to run em and actually get it on video for once rather than have 4 pages of bench racing. im 205lbs and a good rider so itd play into the average rider equation
Old 03-13-2012, 12:10 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by punishmentcycle
what if i can wheelie down the highway ,around the corners ,take exits...stop at a light...wait for it to turn green and continue on all in the same wheelie? lol ive actually done it a few times. ;-)

ive got a stock 07gsxr 600 and a modded 07zx10 if anybody in the CT or surrounding areas want to run em and actually get it on video for once rather than have 4 pages of bench racing. im 205lbs and a good rider so itd play into the average rider equation
This reminds me...we've never run 07 GSXR 600 vs 07 GSXR 600...

And I just happen to have a GoPro sitting on my table right now.
Old 03-13-2012, 12:32 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Well lets see it!!!
Old 03-13-2012, 01:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

im game..its beautiful out as well.ll be out around 5. shoot me a text
Old 03-13-2012, 01:27 PM
TECH Addict

im game..its beautiful out as well.ll be out around 5. shoot me a text
Me, too, and I planned on testing the GoPro out when I get home from work anyways. I'll text you. Gotta figure out the best mounting option so it doesn't go tumbling down the road when I hit a bump.

Is the bike still stock? Any sprockets or anything?
Old 03-13-2012, 01:51 PM
TECH Apprentice

Me, too, and I planned on testing the GoPro out when I get home from work anyways. I'll text you. Gotta figure out the best mounting option so it doesn't go tumbling down the road when I hit a bump.

Is the bike still stock? Any sprockets or anything?
I was actually playing around with the GoPro on my ZX-10 the other day. I tried mounting it facing backwards at the tip of the tailsection. The suction cup held it on there without any problems even with a bunch of bumps on the road and freeway. The tailsection on my bike is kind of flimsy so it bounced around quite a bit, but it stayed put. Not sure how much flat space you have back there to mount, but the tank is probably a good spot also.
Old 03-13-2012, 02:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

on the gsxr, just a slip on for sound.. even has the stock tires.
Old 03-13-2012, 02:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

i would also say the tank..that way its not in the wind but my buddy has like 4 of em on his bike all over the place and they never fall off. if u want ill ask him what he does to keep em steady

Last edited by punishmentcycle; 03-13-2012 at 02:12 PM.
Old 03-13-2012, 02:26 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by MTN_Z
I was actually playing around with the GoPro on my ZX-10 the other day. I tried mounting it facing backwards at the tip of the tailsection. The suction cup held it on there without any problems even with a bunch of bumps on the road and freeway. The tailsection on my bike is kind of flimsy so it bounced around quite a bit, but it stayed put. Not sure how much flat space you have back there to mount, but the tank is probably a good spot also.
i would also say the tank..that way its not in the wind but my buddy has like 4 of em on his bike all over the place and they never fall off. if u want ill ask him what he does to keep em steady
Yeah, I had it on the tank with the suction cup for a quick ride last night but I was nervous because the tank isn't very flat. Also, I can't tuck properly with it right there, but it does make for cool video when you wanna see the tach/speedo. I'm thinking this weekend when I have time I'll try to rig something up with one of the passenger foot pegs. I imagine the right bolt and some washers and a nut would do the trick without worrying about it falling off, plus nothing would be in the way so I could angle it sideways to see the other bike/car. I'm not so much worried about cruising speeds with the suction cup or 3m mounts as much as 150+. At the track, of course...

on the gsxr, just a slip on for sound.. even has the stock tires.
Cool, should be fun.
Old 03-13-2012, 03:02 PM
TECH Apprentice

Yeah, I had it on the tank with the suction cup for a quick ride last night but I was nervous because the tank isn't very flat. Also, I can't tuck properly with it right there, but it does make for cool video when you wanna see the tach/speedo. I'm thinking this weekend when I have time I'll try to rig something up with one of the passenger foot pegs. I imagine the right bolt and some washers and a nut would do the trick without worrying about it falling off, plus nothing would be in the way so I could angle it sideways to see the other bike/car. I'm not so much worried about cruising speeds with the suction cup or 3m mounts as much as 150+. At the track, of course...

Cool, should be fun.
I've always used helmet or tank mount for track days. I'd be curious to try something else for different perspectives. Let me know how you mount it and if it works out.
Old 03-13-2012, 03:24 PM
Banned

Got any stock bikes?
I'm sure if you ask around you'll find what you're looking for.
Old 03-13-2012, 04:18 PM
TECH Resident

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by chriswildermuth
lol you guys.

full mods are:

SS OTRCAI
sjm line-lock
Fast 102
TNT kit
LS7s cam
ARP Head bolts
Callies Compstar crankshaft
Callies h-beam connecting rods
Wiseco forged pistons -10cc dish
Clevite H main bearing set
Clevite rod bearings
Cometic head gaskets
SLP 25% UDP
Monster stage 3 clutch
PRC .675 duel springs
TSP 7.40 pushrods
GMM Race shifter
PS 1 3/4 LT headers
Spintech mufflers
x-pipe
402ci
ngk wideband
Cat delete
26x11.5x15 hoosier QTP slicks
weld prostars in the front and rear(15x3.5 15x10)
Air lift drag bags
Walbro 255LPH fuel pump
At first, a tuned only GTO would get beat to hell against a gsxr 600 with a less then good rider. Your kill story is easily believable with your mod list, even N/A at high 400whp without using any N2O. Using nitrous, your car would destroy a 600 assuming you have traction to suit the power. I think a lot of people just don't know.

For everyone, coming from someone that has been riding and roll racing sport bikes for 10 years, its not always hard to believe an approx. 500whp car to slowly walk a 600 sport bike. It doesn't always take a ridiculous amount of power to beat them. Of course, like PSM mentioned, there are many variables.
Just yesterday I ran my 430whp N/A Vette against my 150 lbs brother who was on my stock R6 with the exception of -1 front sprocket. From a 2nd gear 55 roll to 135mph the R6 only pulled out ahead about 2 car lengths. He's a very good experienced rider.
Old 03-14-2012, 08:05 AM
TECH Addict

For anyone who cares, punishmentcycle and I ran last night. I haven't rigged up a secure mount for the GoPro yet but we did 1st, 2nd, and 3rd gear runs. According to him, I'd take about half a bike right from the hit and then walk steadily to around 2 1/2 or 3 bikes every run, gaining a little on each shift. Both stock 2007 GSXR 600's except for his slipon but I weigh about 160 while he weighs about 205-210.

Quick Reply: GTO vs newer bike