Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Shame at a Z06

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2004 | 12:04 AM
TECH Apprentice

Default Shame at a Z06

I was on the interstate today going to MORE performance when I see a red Z06 up ahead. I was really excited b/c all Z06's that i have come across have liked to play. I passed him and then slowed down to get beside him. He was doing about 80 or so when i passed him and then i tried to get beside him by slowing down a bit. He kept slowing down to but faster than me and i got to like 45 mph and he was still about 100 feet behind me. FINALLY he got beside me and wouldnt' even glance over. I revved at him and tried to entice him by taking off and then slowing back down to show him that my car was not stock (the sound gives it away anyways). Still nothing. I just got pissed and drove off. Now why the hell would someone by a Z06 and not do anything when a car is beside you. If you aren't gonna drive it fast then why would you get a z06??? I just wanted to share that to see if anyone has had any similar expierences.
Old 03-23-2004 | 12:30 AM
TECH Addict

he could have just gotten a ticket the day before for racing on the highway?, I know I'd have a zo6 at red line all day long!
Old 03-23-2004 | 12:36 AM
TECH Junkie

Some people do save it for the track.
Old 03-23-2004 | 01:07 AM
TECH Apprentice

I got a ZO6 kill under my belt... But I guess that's kinda expected... But I dunno... HaHa
Old 03-23-2004 | 01:51 AM
STF veteran / 10 second club

I just got pissed and drove off. Now why the hell would someone by a Z06 and not do anything when a car is beside you. If you aren't gonna drive it fast then why would you get a z06???
Honestly, I would have just sat there also. He has no idea you would give him a good race, he probably just thinks your a standard old LT1 with exhaust, that would end up a full 2 seconds behind him in a quarter run. I rarely will run a LT1 on the street ... it's just not worth the chance of getting my car impounded. I'm sure if you stopped and chatted, told him you had some work, etc etc, he may have changed his mind.
Old 03-23-2004 | 07:04 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by QwikFix
Some people do save it for the track.
Yeah.................they're called PUSSIES!
Old 03-23-2004 | 07:15 AM
STF Veteran

Originally Posted by titanium barchetta
Yeah.................they're called PUSSIES!
LOL

I have had a Z06 do the same thing. The sad part is my car isn't NEAR as loud as your car.
Old 03-23-2004 | 07:17 AM
STF Veteran

Originally Posted by xphantomws6x
Honestly, I would have just sat there also. He has no idea you would give him a good race, he probably just thinks your a standard old LT1 with exhaust, that would end up a full 2 seconds behind him in a quarter run. I rarely will run a LT1 on the street ... it's just not worth the chance of getting my car impounded. I'm sure if you stopped and chatted, told him you had some work, etc etc, he may have changed his mind.
The only way he could think his car is stock with an exhaust is if he is deaf. His car is built and it definately sounds like it. It sounds like a damn drag car.
Old 03-23-2004 | 09:15 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by 99-LS1-SS
The only way he could think his car is stock with an exhaust is if he is deaf. His car is built and it definately sounds like it. It sounds like a damn drag car.
Yeah, seriously... I remember hearing a sound clip of the car... soo badass...

Though, not everyone is up for street racing, and the ones that do aren't up for it all the time... Maybe he was having problems with the car? You really can't tell why he didn't race. Can't call him a ***** or anything for not wanting to street race, especially if you don't know the circumstances...
Old 03-23-2004 | 10:02 AM
TECH Senior Member
20 Year Member

he might have had milla's bitchy *** in the passenger seat begging for him not to race!!

J/k man!
Old 03-23-2004 | 11:16 AM
TECH Fanatic

lol..u lost to a zo6...hahahah

jk Jorge
Old 03-23-2004 | 11:32 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Or it could be that most people that can afford the payments/insurance are old enough to know that their wife/kids wouldn't appreciate having to drop daddy off at work in the minivan because he lost his license street racing.
Old 03-23-2004 | 12:01 PM
Teching In

Hell, around here there's SS and T/A highway patrol that can ruin a real nice day real fast. I try and play it safe most of the time in my Z06, too, since I'd rather keep the car and not have it impounded by new laws for street racing. Not to say I've never raced or never race on the street (hahaha, what would be the point to owning the car if I never opened it up and stretched its legs once in awhile?) but sometimes you just have to know when to play it safe.

In my Z06, you have about a dozen cars a day that try and get under your skin to get you to race for no other reason than you have a Z06. You have to pick and choose which ones are the right ones, and sometimes, it's never worth it. I'm running on a ticket right now, but on the highway? I probably would've let you get the best of me and would have had a friendly runup real quick. You just can't go around calling everyone a ***** because they're "smarter" than the rest of us.
Old 03-23-2004 | 01:03 PM

Originally Posted by 99-LS1-SS

Oh, okay .... Then I dunno, he must've just been

Originally Posted by Jagrmaister
.....In my Z06, you have about a dozen cars a day that try and get under your skin to get you to race for no other reason than you have a Z06. You have to pick and choose which ones are the right ones, and sometimes, it's never worth it. I'm running on a ticket right now, but on the highway? I probably would've let you get the best of me and would have had a friendly runup real quick. You just can't go around calling everyone a ***** because they're "smarter" than the rest of us.
This is more likely the reason, however.
Old 03-23-2004 | 01:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

Wow...noway in hell i could mistake georges car for a stock LT1 (not to metion its def. not an LT1)The damn thing sounds like a cross b/t a nascar and a damn train...sry for ya george id gladly let u put the whoopin on my Z.

Wes
Old 03-23-2004 | 01:38 PM
Launching!

man I have to agree with Jagrmaister(Z06 guys stick together haha) but unless some unusual circumstances came in to play Ida raced ya!! all kidding aside from the sound of your car's potential the guy was probably scared!
Old 03-23-2004 | 03:23 PM
SDB
10 Second Club

most Z06's you will see have drivers that aren't all that great anyways....there is a full second on a stock Z06 in the driver...a bad driver will run 13.2 and a good driver will run 12.2 at the same track on teh same day, same year stock Z06's....and many Z06 drivers would downshift to maybe 4th on a highway roll instead of taking it to 5000 rpm's on a roll!!!! And many won't race at all.

Devils advocate....I have a pretty fast Camaro and don't race EVERY idiot that pulls up next to me, I couldn't afford gas and tires if I did that! Maybe he was just being "picky"....

SDB
Old 03-23-2004 | 04:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

I have done Hwy pulls the odd time and then thought about what a stupid **** I was. I will probably do it again but I turn down more then I accept. Then again I'm just an old guy in a camaro.
Old 03-23-2004 | 04:47 PM
TECH Junkie

I rest my case!
Old 03-23-2004 | 06:01 PM

Originally Posted by titanium barchetta
I rest my case!
Good for you chris ... now you can STFU so we don't have to hear anymore outta you.