Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

ZR1 killed by 911 Turbo??!?!?

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2012, 10:01 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Your average 911 tt is gonna do 10.9 at 128 mph

You average zr1 is gonna do 11.3 at 129 mph.

Make no mistake the porshe is faster. I dont care that some people went tens at 132-134 mph in a negative da at mir ect.

The porshe can run that number on any track or more importantly any street.

Just as the video shows if the zr1 isnt the worlds best shifter than the ptt will crawl by. Same goes for the viper. They will get beaten by the ptt.

You will never see a 0-60 times in the twos or quartermile time in the tens in a magazine for a zr1 viper ect. But this is the norm for this porshe. Its is a bonafied ten second car. Your grandma could run a ten in that car on her third pass.

If you dont grasp this then your in denial
Old 03-13-2012, 01:23 PM
On The Tree

Hurry up and run him 2ss! Im ready to see it!

Still wondering why anyone would want to switch to irs for more traction? That really does sound like something theyd say on top gear, lol.
Old 03-13-2012, 03:34 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Killemall
Your average 911 tt is gonna do 10.9 at 128 mph

You average zr1 is gonna do 11.3 at 129 mph.

Make no mistake the porshe is faster. I dont care that some people went tens at 132-134 mph in a negative da at mir ect.

The porshe can run that number on any track or more importantly any street.

Just as the video shows if the zr1 isnt the worlds best shifter than the ptt will crawl by. Same goes for the viper. They will get beaten by the ptt.

You will never see a 0-60 times in the twos or quartermile time in the tens in a magazine for a zr1 viper ect. But this is the norm for this porshe. Its is a bonafied ten second car. Your grandma could run a ten in that car on her third pass.

If you dont grasp this then your in denial
Because it takes a skilled driver to hook 550rwhp and torque from a TVS2300-blown 376 on STREET TIRES! It's that simple. You get someone with the talent to do it and the ZR1 wins the race. FACT- There has never been a stock 911 PDK to run in the 10.60s and trap 134. And never will be.
Old 03-13-2012, 05:12 PM
Teching In

Only car that's beat me so far was a RUF 997 that was upwards of 750whp down in Miami. I was heat soaked at the time due to running my brother in his s/c c6 right before he pulled up. I was having to shift at 5k-ish... that's normally when I make my power. He pulled me by about 3-4 cars from 50-130. My brother was a little ahead of me(maybe a car). I beat my brother the next day by 3 cars from 40-130 so it would have definitely been fun.
Old 03-13-2012, 06:56 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i think the "lower" mph for the 911 published 1/4mi is throwing people off... I was always under the impression that no tire slip at the start of a 1/4 run will give a lower mph than a vehicle with some slip.. Going off of that, a 911 with it's AWD launch aND BARELY a slip of the tires is going to misrepresent what it can actually do (vs a stock ZR1 which spins through half of first, into second and slips third even).. just my $.02

here's one with LT's stock tires/air pressure (refused to let a little out) on a +300' DA day (Etown). This was one of the fastest runs the guy had. according the guy, the tune was only to keep the car from running lean, was not optimized or on a dyno (who knows).

to give you an idea of how the track was (DA wise, traction etc) here's a GTR with a tune intake/exhaust.

here's the ZR1 with traction issues probably 10 aborted runs

I couldn't launch my TBSS for **** on 20" Nittos with only 17psi in them.. i melted them and it didn't make a difference i was a full .10 off on my 60' so i figure everyone got .2 added to what they would've run if the track was prepped (downside to a magazine shoot as even with VHT the track never heated up sun was in for most of the day) Best i could go was only 11.7x

picture those runs at ATCo in a -1000' DA??? ZR1 would have gone 10.6-10.7 no doubt.
Old 03-14-2012, 12:46 AM
Launching!

Said what I had to say and people still keep bringing up mir were every car is 4 tenths and 4 mph faster than it is everywere else. Mir and atco..you gotta be kidding me....

The ptt can run that 10.7-10.9 at a track in florida or a track in cali. Its just makes no differance... But because someone went 10.6 at the worlds fastest dragstrip then its faster?

My car is 556 rwhp 560 rwt and 3200 pounds. Better power to weight ratio than a zr1 and Id be scared as hell to run one of these new porsches but have little fear of a zr1.

Thats reality. We can talk all day about 10.9 @128 mph z06s and 10.6@134 mph stock zr1s... But Ive ran stock z06s and if you have a legitimate 10.9 @128 mph car you are gonna smoke a z06...

There is a massive differance between a few mirical runs at the worlds fastest venues and what happens the other 95% of the time.

I wouldnt be caught dead in a ptt. Its a car for women or **** imho...but its performance is simply amazeing
Old 03-14-2012, 04:16 AM
Teching In

Said what I had to say and people still keep bringing up mir were every car is 4 tenths and 4 mph faster than it is everywere else. Mir and atco..you gotta be kidding me....

The ptt can run that 10.7-10.9 at a track in florida or a track in cali. Its just makes no differance... But because someone went 10.6 at the worlds fastest dragstrip then its faster?
Just curious as to where you get your information from? So far I have only been able find like two vids/tests of the TTS PDK running high 10's and a couple low 11-sec passes. Hell there hasn't even been one to hit a 10.7x yet.

In comparison, there have been several confirmed ZR1's in the 10's at 129+, and not all of those passes were ran at MIR and Atco. LOL
Old 03-14-2012, 04:25 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Coupe Dave
Just curious as to where you get your information from? So far I have only been able find like two vids/tests of the TTS PDK running high 10's and a couple low 11-sec passes. Hell there hasn't even been one to hit a 10.7x yet.

In comparison, there have been several confirmed ZR1's in the 10's at 129+, and not all of those passes were ran at MIR and Atco. LOL
I wouldn't take anything Crashemall has to say to seriously.
Old 03-14-2012, 07:52 PM
TECH Apprentice

I wouldnt be caught dead in a ptt. Its a car for women or **** imho...
The consistency of a dual-clutch awd turbo car is indeed without equal, but I am gonna have to disagree with the above statement. Maybe a 911 cabriolet or a boxster, but the turbo ain't no bitch car.
Old 03-15-2012, 06:56 AM
Launching!

Each there own. All p cars look like a womens ride to me.

Go to the gtr or p forums to see what people run in those cars.

They dont go outta there way postin vids ect when they run tens cas its no big deal. The car is doin 0-60 in two seconds and trappin around 130 mph...

Imagine goin 0-60 in 2.7 seconds in a stock car. Then that car gets to 130 mph in ten seconds. Thats what we are talkin about here.

Zr1 hittin the 134 is impressive but thats not mind blowing at the same track were stock z06s do 128.

Weve all seen the other vid of the zr1 and ptt from a dead stop and it was a murder. That is a very realistic representation of what will happen on the streets were one car is doin high twos and the other high threes.

If you havent yet then go race a awd gtr or lambo from a low roll with paddle shifters and see just how hard they are to beat even if you have a better power to weight ratio.
Old 03-15-2012, 12:24 PM
Staging Lane

COUPE DAVE..ROAD & TRACK got a 10.7@128.9 out a turbo-s model...i have to agree with killemall here, the turbo-s can run those times over and over again...very consistently..the ZR1 overall is probaly a more powerful car as is killemall's viper...but to run those times you had better have your **** together 'cause it doesn't take any effort for a turbo-s to run them...

what i don't agree with killemall on is how they look...i love the way the turbo-s looks...guess i'm a woman or ***...lololol...the turbo-s runs 10.7...the aventador runs 10.3 @135...very hard to beat with a stock car...ZR1 would need DR's and ranger for the driver...and a lot of luck, and i love ZR1's...but fact's are fact's...
Old 03-15-2012, 02:21 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by 41863nj
COUPE DAVE..ROAD & TRACK got a 10.7@128.9 out a turbo-s model...i have to agree with killemall here, the turbo-s can run those times over and over again...very consistently..the ZR1 overall is probaly a more powerful car as is killemall's viper...but to run those times you had better have your **** together 'cause it doesn't take any effort for a turbo-s to run them...

what i don't agree with killemall on is how they look...i love the way the turbo-s looks...guess i'm a woman or ***...lololol...the turbo-s runs 10.7...the aventador runs 10.3 @135...very hard to beat with a stock car...ZR1 would need DR's and ranger for the driver...and a lot of luck, and i love ZR1's...but fact's are fact's...
Yeah, ZR1s might be the most advanced Corvette released, but they are very basic compared to other cars considering it is rwd and a manual trans. The ZR1 has the capability to run with those cars, but on average the drivers won't have what it takes. Doesn't matter to me though. They are all bad *** cars. The Vette has proven itself to be more than competitive against the world's best. That doesn't mean it has to be the best though. The Porsche Turbo and the Aventador are pretty damn serious cars to be compared to.
Old 03-15-2012, 02:25 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 41863nj

Thanks for the clarification 41863nj; and I stand corrected Killemall. Still, with a good driver the ZR1 is faster *overall* BUT, the 911 is more consistent with its times so that's definitely an advantage. With 550rwhp @ 3300lbs the power is definitely there to run 10's at 130+ all day, but those damn street tires man....
Old 03-15-2012, 02:27 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by MTN_Z
Yeah, ZR1s might be the most advanced Corvette released, but they are very basic compared to other cars considering it is rwd and a manual trans. The ZR1 has the capability to run with those cars, but on average the drivers won't have what it takes. Doesn't matter to me though. They are all bad *** cars. The Vette has proven itself to be more than competitive against the world's best. That doesn't mean it has to be the best though. The Porsche Turbo and the Aventador are pretty damn serious cars to be compared to.
Plus the ZR1 is considerably less expensive than both. How much does a PDK Turbo S cost?
Old 03-15-2012, 02:33 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Coupe Dave
Plus the ZR1 is considerably less expensive than both. How much does a PDK Turbo S cost?
$160K. The Corvette has always been known for bang for the buck though so that isn't a surprise. I would still say the Vette is marginally quicker on a decent tire than the Porsche is, but street tires will turn that around for sure. From a roll, the Vette should still be able to pull, but there is literally no margin for error against a Turbo S with its speed and consistency.
Old 03-15-2012, 02:37 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by MTN_Z
$160K. The Corvette has always been known for bang for the buck though so that isn't a surprise. I would still say the Vette is marginally quicker on a decent tire than the Porsche is, but street tires will turn that around for sure. From a roll, the Vette should still be able to pull, but there is literally no margin for error against a Turbo S with its speed and consistency.
I agree 100%.
Old 03-16-2012, 02:23 AM
Staging Lane

COUPE DAVE & MTN_Z i also agree with you both...the ZR1 is the more powerful car, both the GTR and 911's have incredible tranny's and AWD...so damn hard to beat...but again i say give the ZR1 a slick or DR and then see...i have seen on a video the AVENTADOR take out both a porsche GT2 RS & a mercedes SLR...it was pulling badly on the merc...the GT2 was about 4 cars back and fading fast...it was a magazine that did it i believe..no the AVENTADOR is nothing to sneeze at...it's just like the TURBO-S...it can run those times all day...
Old 03-16-2012, 02:32 AM
Staging Lane

i'm just happy that the ZR1 is in the company of turbo-s & aventadors...who would have believed this 10 years ago...but i'm waiting on the new C7...heard it's going to be unlike any 'vette ever made...i'm drooling already...lololol..
Old 03-18-2012, 09:20 PM
Staging Lane

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

Got 2 runs in with this 911 turbo s PDK today.

First one I was low 2nd, horrible spinning, he took about 4 cars instantly and then when he was 6 cars out I stopped the pull top of 3rd and ran out of room.

Second run we left 2nd high, went much better. He only got about 2-3 cars in front before I hooked and I was reeling him in pretty hard. But a car jumped in front of us and we had to brake. Looking to go on Tuesday or Wednesday to set up a real run where we can really go. These runs were quick 60-100 or not even, because we kept running out of road.

Going to be a good good good roll race. ZR1 coming out to play also. Hopefully will have vids by mid week.

Quick Reply: ZR1 killed by 911 Turbo??!?!?