Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

LS2 GTO vs G8 GT, Camaro SS, & 370Z **VIDEO**

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2012, 02:26 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by NightmareTA
I'm def down for more runs! Seems like we have quite a few closely matched cars at the time being so it makes it a great time. Let me know towards the end of the week!
Rob, let me know when you guys run this weekend, Id love to check them out!
Old 03-13-2012, 06:37 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by camaro1185
Rob, let me know when you guys run this weekend, Id love to check them out!
Will do man! I'll shoot you a text when I get some more details.
Old 03-13-2012, 07:16 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by NightmareTA
The thing is a very nice fit in there, and it's such a cool looking intake once installed. Apparently there is a 2 week or more wait on them since they are basically made when ordered. My brother got lucky and picked his up from someone in the classifieds on here who bought it but never installed it. After feeling the gains myself, I'd recommend it!
Yeah there's a wait. The IAT relocate is nice too...keeps the heatsoak to a minimum. They're just so much $$ for a CAI. Let your brother know, people talk about the "Corvette tax"...there's a "GTO tax" too, lol. Aftermarket parts are $$$ on these cars.
Old 03-14-2012, 12:46 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by FryZ71
Yeah there's a wait. The IAT relocate is nice too...keeps the heatsoak to a minimum. They're just so much $$ for a CAI. Let your brother know, people talk about the "Corvette tax"...there's a "GTO tax" too, lol. Aftermarket parts are $$$ on these cars.
My brother got that IAT relocation harness and sensor after he bought the intake. Thats kind of one of the main benefits to that intake too. I can understand why parts are expensive though...with only a 3 year production run, I'm sure the aftermarket companies aren't selling anywhere near as much parts as they would for something like an F body. Oh well, it's a pretty cool car to have since there's really not many around.
Old 03-14-2012, 01:09 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Ju1ce
I'm not saying he's a bad driver, I've seen him go at it. Its more of a I gotta do it myself to fully embrace the reality of the situation lol
Haha Ju1ce drove his Goat like a **** so refuses to accept anything different

Originally Posted by PewterScreaminMach
Great runs and video, guys. Gotta love the G8. Man, I wish GM would stop dickin around and put a Chevy badge on them. What a great all around car. It's sad to see it go down with the Pontiac ship.
Agreed, I am still waiting and hoping for them to bring it back in a Chevrolet badge and all of the rumors over the past few years I figured it would have by now. Still think the G8 is one of the most slick looking 4 door sedans out there and price wise, they are hard to turn down

I'm curious to see Craig's LT1 run against the 370Z. For once I will be able to say I had some part in the video
Old 04-12-2012, 05:37 PM
Staging Lane

I like the daytime races. I can see whats going on.
Old 04-13-2012, 02:10 PM
TECH Enthusiast

wish i was near you guys. i ran my buddies auto 2006 goat. exhaust,headers,tune and i pulled ihm by 3-4 cars drom a dig till about 110.
Old 04-14-2012, 05:28 PM
Staging Lane

Nice runs, definitely like day runs that you can see

Quick Reply: LS2 GTO vs G8 GT, Camaro SS, & 370Z **VIDEO**