Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Turbo Civic vs All @ TX2K12

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2012, 11:48 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by adamantium
It's all good though, owning a quick civic wouldn't be as fun without people like you.
Haha this^^

At the end of the day no one cares if you drive your 10 second ride to work

Run what you brung.
Old 03-18-2012, 11:56 AM
10 Second Club

Received 425 Likes on 336 Posts

Jeez i can imagine how much raging you'd do after getting walked by one LOL. Your logic is really fucked up. Your crazy my civic had 143,000 miles and it only took an oil change every so often and gas. Me pesrsonally ive owned 5 before my last one. All of them got beat on daily and only needed gas to continue the torture. You will always have beat to **** cars because owners do no take care of them. You've obviously never owned a civic, they are the most reliable cars. Your just a close minded person who has a serious hate for civics. The generic domestic car owning guy. My buddies old turbo stock motor gsr used to get 38mpg around town on E85...Car made 450whp and was in a chassis that weighed 2600lbs with driver.

It's all good though, owning a quick civic wouldn't be as fun without people like you.
Not closed minded at all. I look at them for what they are, a cheap econo car. I'm sure his car got 38 around town....maybe he can't do math. A damn honda fit don't get that around town. The exagerations such as that is what surrounds these heaps of ****. It's what I think of as I wait for drag strips to pick up the peices and clean the oil off the track from them.
Old 03-18-2012, 12:18 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by LightningTeg
Haha this^^

At the end of the day no one cares if you drive your 10 second ride to work

Run what you brung.
Exactly, I respect all forms of cars. Most owner's attitude ruin certain cars for me such as srt4's and stuff. But if a car IS fast then it's essentially a FAST CAR. regardless what it is.

Originally Posted by HioSSilver
Not closed minded at all. I look at them for what they are, a cheap econo car. I'm sure his car got 38 around town....maybe he can't do math. A damn honda fit don't get that around town. The exagerations such as that is what surrounds these heaps of ****. It's what I think of as I wait for drag strips to pick up the peices and clean the oil off the track from them.
Sorry about that it was **28mpg just checked his facebook.
Old 03-18-2012, 12:34 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by LightningTeg
Think about it. When you are accelerating that fast the race ain't gonna be too long. not to mention none of those racesvwere close except the lambo and it was the longest it seems.

Car weighs in the neighborhood of 2000 lbs
I heard the Civic wasn't staying in it very long though. I mean, yes it's stupid fast and going from high speed rolls helps it hook, but let's be honest...if a 1500whp car puts only 2 cars on it, it was a short race. 60-160 is what I've seen is the bare minimum people are doing, most BIIIG power cars are 180+, and those lambos do 200+mph pulls. Not trying to take away from how kick *** that civic is, but I think he's letting out a bit earlier than most people are. There's a big thread on SVTP about it now too.

It also beat up on a guy local to me (Shane)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mMYsL8nskZU
Old 03-18-2012, 12:37 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by WSsick
I heard the Civic wasn't staying in it very long though. I mean, yes it's stupid fast and going from high speed rolls helps it hook, but let's be honest...if a 1500whp car puts only 2 cars on it, it was a short race. 60-160 is what I've seen is the bare minimum people are doing, most BIIIG power cars are 180+, and those lambos do 200+mph pulls. Not trying to take away from how kick *** that civic is, but I think he's letting out a bit earlier than most people are. There's a big thread on SVTP about it now too.

lol 160+ in a civic is scary as ****!
Old 03-18-2012, 12:52 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by kidcamaro98
its still a civic....
lol wager, my fav saying
Old 03-18-2012, 12:53 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by WSsick

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mMYsL8nskZU
I thought Shanes car made 66x?
Old 03-18-2012, 12:54 PM
On The Tree

A fast car for sure. I would take a ride in it. I bet it is scary stuff at those speeds.
Old 03-18-2012, 12:58 PM
Teching In

I want a ride but its literally a tin can with a steering wheel and drivetrain lol
Old 03-18-2012, 01:07 PM
10 Second Club

Fast car......props

On the flip side........

Gutted car vs Full cars.

Plus..... Stay in it. Dont let off when you see people pulling back up I.E. the first video and the blue supra in the backround. stretch that puppy out

and third........ you can be a Pro nascar driver, a Pro Drag racer, and a Pro road course racer, but NEVER EVER EVER EVER will you EVER become a PROFESSIONAL ....ROLL racer. Period.
Old 03-18-2012, 01:16 PM
TECH Apprentice

Wow lots of haters on gabes little civic lol
Old 03-18-2012, 01:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

I get more scared riding in gutted turbo Civics then I do any other car.

Be it the dash bouncing up and down from wheelhop (most of them seem to have motor mounts broken) or the general feeling at some point the front wheels are going to fall off at any second... Still fun cars that can be made for cheap though.

Just hate a lot of the owners of them around here thinking they are king of the street scene with a bolt-on H22 Civic
Old 03-18-2012, 02:01 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by kidcamaro98
its still a civic....
Agreed.

On another note, how is your 11 year old rattle trap doing?
Old 03-18-2012, 02:27 PM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by HioSSilver
Exactly, I respect all forms of cars. Most owner's attitude ruin certain cars for me such as srt4's and stuff. But if a car IS fast then it's essentially a FAST CAR. regardless what it is.
Somewhere between those two statements is where I stand on them personally. I don't really see the point of building a roll race only car like one of those, but everyones different I guess.
Old 03-18-2012, 02:30 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by automach1
I thought Shanes car made 66x?
668. He said he told them that's what it made but he thinks they just rounded up to crank HP...I'm sure he'll chime in here eventually.

Originally Posted by dsmfan95
Agreed.

On another note, how is your 11 year old rattle trap doing?
Old 03-18-2012, 03:01 PM
10 Second Club

Received 252 Likes on 164 Posts

Shane's car is fast but racing a gutted civic that makes same or more power he doesn't stand a chance. He is just giving up to much weight.
Old 03-18-2012, 03:41 PM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ohioborn80
Shane's car is fast but racing a gutted civic that makes same or more power he doesn't stand a chance. He is just giving up to much weight.
Not if he can translate that weight into traction down low, and aerodynamics up top. Midrange will be his downfall though - kinda like racing a motorcycle actually since most riders cant launch for **** and are afraid of going full WOT/max rpms below 100mph.
Old 03-18-2012, 04:04 PM
Teching In

here's a integra here in vegas from a couple of years back the car was 570whp. http://www.dragtimes.com/Acura-Integ...lip-10796.html
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Y7_2...c2WOKxobHt4%3D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nLzX2...JhIqiRswAcq1M=
Old 03-18-2012, 04:06 PM
Teching In

That civic was fast! Gotta give respect the work that goes into making a CIVIC (any car really) capable of that! haha

I bet the civic owner had a big smile on his face after this weekend.
Old 03-18-2012, 04:21 PM
10 Second Club

Received 252 Likes on 164 Posts

Originally Posted by Sticks n Stones
Not if he can translate that weight into traction down low, and aerodynamics up top. Midrange will be his downfall though - kinda like racing a motorcycle actually since most riders cant launch for **** and are afraid of going full WOT/max rpms below 100mph.
Understand what saying. But these guys are doing 60 rolls. No way to make up the weight difference with out making a bunch more power.

Quick Reply: Turbo Civic vs All @ TX2K12