Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

TURBO LS1 Miata Teaser....

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2012, 08:10 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice!!

My friend in a stock blk 5.0 w/ 100-shot pointed your car out to me I think it was at the Frank-N-Steins meet

Is that all custom fabricated piping or does someone make a turbo kit for you car?

BTW: Another friend has your car in his kill video...white Evo9 with "L8R V8" plates
Old 04-01-2012, 08:23 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow that is amazing. Would kill for something like this...
Old 04-01-2012, 09:27 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by PhantaZm
Nice!!

My friend in a stock blk 5.0 w/ 100-shot pointed your car out to me I think it was at the Frank-N-Steins meet

Is that all custom fabricated piping or does someone make a turbo kit for you car?

BTW: Another friend has your car in his kill video...white Evo9 with "L8R V8" plates

Yea sucks my car was only at 480ish rwhp all weekend... including the L8R V8 EVO...

Its all good though, always next year for some 650+rwhp action at TX2k13
Old 04-01-2012, 11:11 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 1SIKZ31
Yea sucks my car was only at 480ish rwhp all weekend... including the L8R V8 EVO...

Its all good though, always next year for some 650+rwhp action at TX2k13
Yeah that sux. My weekend was worse though I broke a CV axle in the middle of 3rd gear on a roll vs an LS7 RX-7. Had to limp back to the hotel and got it repaired the next day. Then when I went to test it on a turn-around it spit out some more bearings so I did not get to meet up for any runs Saturday. Got it patched up again Monday enough to make it back to my home shop where they finally engineered a more permanent fix. I missed the whole weekend pretty much with limited fun Friday.

The Evo has that RX-7 on his same kill video and if you look and listen closely in this video, I caught the Evo from 2.5 cars behind and with him getting the hit...sounds like he's still on it in the clip don't you think?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gum-4K05VFE

Hopefully we'll both have a much better showing next year...maybe I'll be boosted too
Old 04-02-2012, 01:36 AM
Launching!

Probably one of my fav cars from tx2k12, you rooked by me (300 srt8) and I thought, sure I'll run that miata. Then I saw your plates... Sick car.
Old 04-02-2012, 07:04 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by PhantaZm
Yeah that sux. My weekend was worse though I broke a CV axle in the middle of 3rd gear on a roll vs an LS7 RX-7. Had to limp back to the hotel and got it repaired the next day. Then when I went to test it on a turn-around it spit out some more bearings so I did not get to meet up for any runs Saturday. Got it patched up again Monday enough to make it back to my home shop where they finally engineered a more permanent fix. I missed the whole weekend pretty much with limited fun Friday.

The Evo has that RX-7 on his same kill video and if you look and listen closely in this video, I caught the Evo from 2.5 cars behind and with him getting the hit...sounds like he's still on it in the clip don't you think?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gum-4K05VFE

Hopefully we'll both have a much better showing next year...maybe I'll be boosted too

Definitely reeling him in!
Nice work!

... On my video against him... Even with short shifting at 5k and less than 500whp, I was reeling him in pretty good... but it just wasnt enough... He also jumped me in the beginning of the race...

God I cant wait next year to go out there and hurt some feelings!!!!

By the way... maybe your not coming off on the clutch pedal all the way... but it sounds like your clutch is BABY slipping after every shift, especially your last shift from i think 3 to 4 or maybe 4 to 5...
What clutch do you have?
Old 04-02-2012, 10:52 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 1SIKZ31
Definitely reeling him in!
Nice work!

... On my video against him... Even with short shifting at 5k and less than 500whp, I was reeling him in pretty good... but it just wasnt enough... He also jumped me in the beginning of the race...

God I cant wait next year to go out there and hurt some feelings!!!!

By the way... maybe your not coming off on the clutch pedal all the way... but it sounds like your clutch is BABY slipping after every shift, especially your last shift from i think 3 to 4 or maybe 4 to 5...
What clutch do you have?
Yeah that was 4th-5th and it's a Z06 clutch...the same one that went out on my friend in his all-motor Z06 just this weekend racing this same Evo. He's getting some $4000+ clutch to repair but I was just talking with the shop today about upgrading to ZR-1 and see how that works for me. Thanks.

That Evo seems to get the jump in almost every race...he calls it "brake-boosting" but it's really "taking off on/before 2nd honk" lol
And everyone back here already knew and reminded him that you were short-shifting at 5k so he caught a big break not to get stomped. Your car definitely impressed some people here even not being at full potential.

I'm still curious though...does someone make a turbo kit for your car or was it all custom work?
Old 04-02-2012, 11:05 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thats a sweet little car!!

Looking forward to seeing all that it can do!
Old 04-03-2012, 03:11 AM
Now you have my attention

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I was expecting spin city.

That thing rolls out! Congrats! I have a feeling you'll have traction issues once you can shift at the proper RPM though

Quick Reply: TURBO LS1 Miata Teaser....