Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

careful what you wish for: battle for traction... 11 cobra vs 00 trans am

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2012, 05:20 PM
Tech Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Arctic
sorry, being almost 2 years ago cant find em, if i do ill post it. as stated, car wouldnt hook to save its life. as it sits now untuned i would guess it would run well over a second quicker. and with a dr and a tune,
LOL love the excuses and the imaginary "well I've done this and this so I'd guess it would run this". Come back and talk **** when you actually have something to back your mouth up with. I'd crush that little Firebird with racing stripes. You know what I run...let me know when you get there.
Old 04-05-2012, 05:24 PM
TECH Resident

ohio already cleared that one up. i just wasnt sure. guy rattled off a bunch of stuff, and i know squat about new stangs, thats why i keep you guys around haha
sorry 'bout that. i read your post, and a customer walked in....so i tossed that quickie up there.
Old 04-05-2012, 06:18 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Stopsign32v
LOL love the excuses and the imaginary "well I've done this and this so I'd guess it would run this". Come back and talk **** when you actually have something to back your mouth up with. I'd crush that little Firebird with racing stripes. You know what I run...let me know when you get there.
once again, you could barely beat a stock gto with a shitty driver. you stand no chance against my car. keep trying to act like you do, it entertains me. your car is still slow.
Old 04-05-2012, 06:43 PM
Tech Apprentice

once again, you could barely beat a stock gto with a shitty driver. you stand no chance against my car. keep trying to act like you do, it entertains me. your car is still slow.
That race against the GTO wasn't even fair

More talk talk talk from you but seems you can't do much better than a bolt on S2000. Seems you might be mid 13's.
Old 04-05-2012, 06:50 PM
Teching In

That race against the GTO wasn't even fair

More talk talk talk from you but seems you can't do much better than a bolt on S2000. Seems you might be mid 13's.
bone stock i was. but i can see your stuck on that s2000. keep talking, you car is getting faster everytime you open your mouth
Old 04-05-2012, 06:52 PM
Tech Apprentice

bone stock i was. but i can see your stuck on that s2000. keep talking, you car is getting faster everytime you open your mouth
I can back up anything I say in both person and to anyone on here. Can you?
Old 04-05-2012, 06:57 PM
Teching In

I can back up anything I say in both person and to anyone on here. Can you?
can and have. alls you have backed up is your amazing ability to talk a whole bunch of ****. its cool though, you remind me of the kid down the street with the sn95 cobra. he talked a lot of **** to, until 1 day low and behold he got to tell me how shiny my tail lights were. so much for a built motor with "cams". btw his car has been setting in the grass undrivin since that day. i wonder if thats your cars future?
Old 04-05-2012, 07:22 PM
Tech Apprentice

can and have. alls you have backed up is your amazing ability to talk a whole bunch of ****. its cool though, you remind me of the kid down the street with the sn95 cobra. he talked a lot of **** to, until 1 day low and behold he got to tell me how shiny my tail lights were. so much for a built motor with "cams". btw his car has been setting in the grass undrivin since that day. i wonder if thats your cars future?
Then show us. Show us ANY proof you can run faster than this.

Old 04-05-2012, 09:06 PM
Teching In

Then show us. Show us ANY proof you can run faster than this.

my buddies car, just so you get a point of reference since your timeslips are so important
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i6MsVXdR2IM
me racing that buddy from a 25 roll with him on the inside of the corner
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p1nFi3ylZ7g
he has a stall, cam, intake, headers to a dumped x pipe, running c5 zo6 rims (17's with decent tires compared to my c6 rims with crappy tires which are 18's out back)
that was my car, before headers, pretty much stock, no stall, no tune, just basic free mods. losing by a car n a half. so theres an idea of what it used to run. now what it does run now? probably not going to know, why you ask? cause i dont go to the strip and i probably wont. im not building a car that lives a 1/4 mile at a time.
Old 04-05-2012, 09:10 PM
Tech Apprentice

It's ok, if I didn't know how to make a car run good in the 1/4th I probably wouldn't go either.
Old 04-05-2012, 10:00 PM
TECH Apprentice

Figured the two of you could use these after your online hissy fit was over.

Old 04-05-2012, 11:09 PM
Teching In

It's ok, if I didn't know how to make a car run good in the 1/4th I probably wouldn't go either.
dont know how? or dont want to? id rather have something for the street that i can have fun with whenever i want, instead of someone asking for a roll race and me having to go home and get a different car cause my mach 1 tops out at 120
Old 04-05-2012, 11:16 PM
Tech Apprentice

dont know how? or dont want to? id rather have something for the street that i can have fun with whenever i want, instead of someone asking for a roll race and me having to go home and get a different car cause my mach 1 tops out at 120
I just got home to watch your "proof". So you are pointing out you lost to a 12.7 car. Nice, didn't see that coming.
Old 04-06-2012, 08:40 AM
12 Second Club

Received 51 Likes on 37 Posts

Wait so Arctic has never been to the track? This just keeps getting better.
Old 04-06-2012, 09:25 AM
TECH Fanatic

not trying to sound like a dick, but posting a video of a car going 12.7 at 110, then posting a vid of you racing said car and losing to it, THEN saying you did more work to so that should give us a good idea where it is, DOES NOT give us a good idea where the car stands. OP i like the car, but thats some super duper bench racing. Go to the track and run it, even if your not building it for the quarter. Its mostly stock so it will still run fairly decent without any crazy effort.
Old 04-06-2012, 10:30 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by evangto87
not trying to sound like a dick, but posting a video of a car going 12.7 at 110, then posting a vid of you racing said car and losing to it, THEN saying you did more work to so that should give us a good idea where it is, DOES NOT give us a good idea where the car stands. OP i like the car, but thats some super duper bench racing. Go to the track and run it, even if your not building it for the quarter. Its mostly stock so it will still run fairly decent without any crazy effort.
if i wanted to drive 2 hours to the track, and put dr's on the car after the tune i would. i personally dont feel the need. i dont need a timeslip to know how my car runs. i have a real good idea of what cars i can and cant beat. and ill be damned if im going to put the time and effort into going to the strip just to get a peice of paper to prove to some mach1 nutswinger that my car will drag his *** down the highway when i already know it will. and as i said before, timeslips dont mean **** on the street, i know it was a fluke, but that 650whp shelby proved my point. and btw my car would beat that camaro now.
Old 04-06-2012, 12:05 PM
11 Second Club

Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts

Us south suburb guys drive 1.5hr to our track.

I've brought my slobalt and camaro

There is never a good frame or reference besides a time slip or cars you BEAT

My wussy mid 13 cobalt will pull the hell out of fast er ET cars from a roll and I have vids of me WINNING.

Come on arc, u gota step it up bro.

(I say that in the most respectful way)
Old 04-06-2012, 12:21 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by hugger1975

My wussy mid 13 cobalt will pull the hell out of fast er ET cars from a roll and I have vids of me WINNING.

thats fine, but none of the guys i race ask for a slip. the first thing they ask is "what are your mods?". some people know enough about cars to hear the mods and know if they have what it takes. but this whole conversation is irrelevant, im not going to tell anyone my mods, im not going to the track to get a slip just to post it up here so i can prove to some fanboys they would lose. id rather see them show up and lose so i can laugh at them for talking so much **** and hiding behind the computer. and im insanely suprised im not arguing with ohio here instead of stoppy. but that goes to show you even some mustang owners arent completely retarded. so this thread can go another 5 pages of stoppy and everyone else telling me to go to the track, or we can get back to our lives and leave it where it stands.
Old 04-06-2012, 12:42 PM
10 Second Club

Received 252 Likes on 164 Posts

Originally Posted by hugger1975

I drive 2.5 hours to go to a real track.
Old 04-06-2012, 01:26 PM
Tech Apprentice

thats fine, but none of the guys i race ask for a slip. the first thing they ask is "what are your mods?". some people know enough about cars to hear the mods and know if they have what it takes. but this whole conversation is irrelevant, im not going to tell anyone my mods, im not going to the track to get a slip just to post it up here so i can prove to some fanboys they would lose. id rather see them show up and lose so i can laugh at them for talking so much **** and hiding behind the computer. and im insanely suprised im not arguing with ohio here instead of stoppy. but that goes to show you even some mustang owners arent completely retarded. so this thread can go another 5 pages of stoppy and everyone else telling me to go to the track, or we can get back to our lives and leave it where it stands.
This is how I see it...

You might as well be saying this.

"The closest track is 2 hours away so I don't even bother going. Plus I have gone/haven't gone in a while so I doubt I would be any good at it. I've got not good timeslips so I can't post them up. I don't have that many mods so I can't post them up because then no one would believe my car is as fast as I say it is. So I'll just stick to calling someone out and have them come race me even though they are clear across the country. That way I can hide behind my keyboard and claim I would win."

I think I hit the nail on the head there.

Quick Reply: careful what you wish for: battle for traction... 11 cobra vs 00 trans am