Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

ZYBORG vs GTR vs 11 GT500 vs Camaro SS

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2012, 11:31 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Gt500 got destroyed as expected. Thats gotta be the sorryest car on the road for its actual speed vs hp rateing.

You did well against the gtr. They dyno 390-410 awhp stock so if this one was truly tune only then its a solid 450 awhp car that trapps 122-125 mph just like a stock 12 gtr at 450 awhp.

Honorable death
Old 04-02-2012, 11:40 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by automach1
Yea well you get the picture I am sure your car weights 30xx with less then half a tank.
I get what you are saying but if we are going to compare weights then lets just stick to comparing manufacturer curb weights... Istead of talking about full gas tanks, steroes and whatever other variables that are up to that driver...

Originally Posted by Killemall
Gt500 got destroyed as expected. Thats gotta be the sorryest car on the road for its actual speed vs hp rateing.

You did well against the gtr. They dyno 390-410 awhp stock so if this one was truly tune only then its a solid 450 awhp car that trapps 122-125 mph just like a stock 12 gtr at 450 awhp.

Honorable death
Sup mein!

Funny you should say it but its been creeping in my mind to trade the vette in for a lightly used 11+ gt500 or pick up a new 5.slow... Lol

Regarding the death to the gtr, i agree, i think it was a respectable death... Lol... Those damn cars are too damn good... To bad they disnt make them more exotic looking.... Still would take one in a heart beat!
Old 04-02-2012, 11:44 PM
10 Second Club

Received 252 Likes on 164 Posts

Originally Posted by ZYBORG
I get what you are saying but if we are going to compare weights then lets just stick to comparing manufacturer curb weights... Istead of talking about full gas tanks, steroes and whatever other variables that are up to that driver...

Sup mein!

Funny you should say it but its been creeping in my mind to trade the vette in for a lightly used 11+ gt500 or pick up a new 5.slow... Lol

Regarding the death to the gtr, i agree, i think it was a respectable death... Lol... Those damn cars are too damn good... To bad they disnt make them more exotic looking.... Still would take one in a heart beat!
I would do a used 5.0/boss over a GT500. For price of the GT500 you can have a built engine that makes a lot more power. Boss already has forged internals. Those internals can be bought for a GT for 850 from Ford.
Old 04-02-2012, 11:52 PM
12 Second Club

Received 51 Likes on 37 Posts

You are incorrect about the exhaust, the exhaust added weight. No exhaust is lighter than the stock Ti exhaust....
Not sure how much your cats differ from mine but the pup cats were heavy and shaved off a good 20lbs I bet. My headers were a lot lighter than my stock manifolds as well. You picked up weight out back though for sure, Ti is hard to beat.
Old 04-03-2012, 12:05 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by ohioborn80
I would do a used 5.0/boss over a GT500. For price of the GT500 you can have a built engine that makes a lot more power. Boss already has forged internals. Those internals can be bought for a GT for 850 from Ford.
Im not a fan of bosses, personally i think that they look terrible.... Im leaning more and more towards the 5.slow.... They are very cheap, perform very well and look great with just a drop...
Old 04-03-2012, 12:07 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by S8ER95Z
Not sure how much your cats differ from mine but the pup cats were heavy and shaved off a good 20lbs I bet. My headers were a lot lighter than my stock manifolds as well. You picked up weight out back though for sure, Ti is hard to beat.
Not sure about camaros' exhaust weight but i know with the replacement of "my" full exhaust i gained weight not lost as a whole...
Old 04-03-2012, 12:10 AM
TECH Regular

my buddies 01 Z06 was 3160 with LTs no cats, Borla Stingers, Coilovers instead of leaf springs, and full tank of gas. So Zyborg estimate is prolly pretty close for his weight
Old 04-03-2012, 12:38 AM
TECH Addict

Received 38 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by danger ds
good runs, it sounded like the camaro was downshifting on the third honk, it would of looked closer if he was already in 2nd, good kills
Originally Posted by 07 z71 silverado
did no one know to go on the 3rd honk besides you lol.
^+1...^ Whatever, they deserve to lose if you are the better driver

Originally Posted by 'Trust'
Nice runs man, car sounds good! I'd be pissed if I was racing you, those honks are way too fast for me lol. Respectable loss against the GTR, probably makes a good 50whp more than you.
I thought stock 2011 GTR where as fast as C6 Z06, so a tuned one should pull you better than that, unless again the driver suck LOL.
**edit, its 2012 GTR that can run low 11s@125+** 2011 are still rated at 485 stock but 12' got 530 ponies

How many cars he put on you after he passed?

Last edited by Johnnystock; 04-03-2012 at 12:50 AM.
Old 04-03-2012, 12:56 AM
Teching In

This was a 09 GTR and i had my front bumper at his tails exactly at 145...
Old 04-03-2012, 06:18 AM
Launching!

I couldnt go from a z06 to a mustang personally. Let me rephrase that.

What the hell you been smokin. Your driving a bonafied dream car.Id be a liar if I said my heart didnt skip a beat the last time a red c5z wanted a peice of my viper.

Go get a 06z for 38k and call it a day. If you really need a back seat then hold out a lil and get a 08 gtr for 55k. Theve dropped in value since the 12s came out.

5.0.......hell no. Thats a big step down from a z. In your case likely the fastest bolt on c5z in the country as far as street cred
Old 04-03-2012, 11:58 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Killemall
I couldnt go from a z06 to a mustang personally. Let me rephrase that.

What the hell you been smokin. Your driving a bonafied dream car.Id be a liar if I said my heart didnt skip a beat the last time a red c5z wanted a peice of my viper.

Go get a 06z for 38k and call it a day. If you really need a back seat then hold out a lil and get a 08 gtr for 55k. Theve dropped in value since the 12s came out.

5.0.......hell no. Thats a big step down from a z. In your case likely the fastest bolt on c5z in the country as far as street cred
Lol, thanks man i appreciate the comments...

Now ill explain it like this,

I have had the vette for a while and its getting up there in mileage. It has exceeded my expectations but im growing a little bored with it and tired of it high maintenance.

I started this game with a mustang, so i have a lot of love for a properly set up and clean one.

The 5.slow offers many options and benefits to me being that i could get it brand new. It is fairly cheap, easy to mantain and work on yourself. Its not as high maintenance as some of the cars you mentioned. But it is still a good looking car if done right.

The main thing is that i want a car that i can daily drive, drive cross country and do everything with. Something that i can rip into while at the same time not putting a hole in my wallet.

Im not saying im going to do it just that the though has been crossig my mind...
Old 04-03-2012, 06:45 PM
Launching!

Lol, thanks man i appreciate the comments...

Now ill explain it like this,

I have had the vette for a while and its getting up there in mileage. It has exceeded my expectations but im growing a little bored with it and tired of it high maintenance.

I started this game with a mustang, so i have a lot of love for a properly set up and clean one.

The 5.slow offers many options and benefits to me being that i could get it brand new. It is fairly cheap, easy to mantain and work on yourself. Its not as high maintenance as some of the cars you mentioned. But it is still a good looking car if done right.

The main thing is that i want a car that i can daily drive, drive cross country and do everything with. Something that i can rip into while at the same time not putting a hole in my wallet.

Im not saying im going to do it just that the though has been crossig my mind...
You will regret it! I traded my 01 zoh6 for a gto and regret it still to this day traded gto for new camaro. Mod the z , its light, handles, looks good,
Old 04-03-2012, 07:29 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by chevydan
You will regret it! I traded my 01 zoh6 for a gto and regret it still to this day traded gto for new camaro. Mod the z , its light, handles, looks good,
^I'm with this guy.

I thought about getting something else...but then I drove my car and immediately was disappointed in myself for letting my mind come up with such a bad idea. Zyborg, your next move should either be forced induction or C6Z...but its your money
Old 04-03-2012, 08:32 PM
TECH Apprentice

Im not a fan of bosses, personally i think that they look terrible.... Im leaning more and more towards the 5.slow.... They are very cheap, perform very well and look great with just a drop...
Well when decision time comes, you know where to send that Z....to this guy! LOL...I've always wanted one of those. Just can't see myself parting with my 86 TA anytime soon.

So you went downhill....and then went even more downhill?

LOL, or should I say heavier, and then heaviest.

JK man, I've just always been a fan of GTO's...new camaros are kinda still "growing" on me.
Old 04-03-2012, 08:59 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by NightmareTA
Well when decision time comes, you know where to send that Z....to this guy! LOL...I've always wanted one of those. Just can't see myself parting with my 86 TA anytime soon.

So you went downhill....and then went even more downhill?

LOL, or should I say heavier, and then heaviest.

JK man, I've just always been a fan of GTO's...new camaros are kinda still "growing" on me.
Lol read sig! my 2011 is my DD. Play toy is a 2000

Last edited by chevydan; 04-03-2012 at 08:59 PM. Reason: forgot year
Old 04-03-2012, 09:21 PM
TECH Apprentice

Lol read sig! my 2011 is my DD. Play toy is a 2000
Oh damn, didn't even notice. And holy shiznit, that thing sounds like a monster!! Haha, ok I take some of that back then. 4th gens are still A-ok in my book.
Old 04-03-2012, 09:33 PM
TECH Apprentice

Thanks man, where are yours at?
I just posted one last week.
Old 04-04-2012, 10:14 PM
Staging Lane

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

nice video