Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

LT1 beating up on some LSX (with videos)

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2012, 05:19 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by LT/LS Guy
Doesn't take a load of cash to make an LT1 go fast. Go back to reading your car magazines noobie.
Same can be said for the LS1, what's your point?
Old 04-26-2012, 05:22 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by WhiteKnight '01
Maybe you forgot that the LS1 is superior to the LT1 in every way. Longevity, fuel efficiency, torque, horsepower, ,response to modifications, potential.

Yeah, I have no doubt that there are some LT1's that can walk my car, but there are also some Honda Civics that started off with 120HP that can walk my car now. You make the car a money pit and it can beat almost anything, but mod for mod an LS1 will always beat an LT1. Now go rub your sore butt.
And mod for mod is one of the lamest arguements there is. Nobody is going to wait for you to get a cam, blower, slicks, etc etc before they do. Once you start to mod, no matter what the car, all bets are off. Take your superiorly slower car and go home.
Old 04-26-2012, 05:26 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by FlatBlackZ28
And mod for mod is one of the lamest arguements there is. Nobody is going to wait for you to get a cam, blower, slicks, etc etc before they do. Once you start to mod, no matter what the car, all bets are off. Take your superiorly slower car and go home.
The only FAIR way to compare two cars is stock vs stock. And in stock form the LS1 rapes the LT1, plain and simple. Don't be butt hurt you have an inferior engine.

Superiorly is not a word, by the way.
Old 04-26-2012, 05:34 PM
11 Second Club

The only FAIR way to compare two cars is stock vs stock. And in stock form the LS1 rapes the LT1, plain and simple. Don't be butt hurt you have an inferior engine.

That "inferior" engine has went low 9's N/A, 8-flat with FI. Inferior? Sure. That's like a new Coyote GT owner or me with my new 6.4L MOPAR calling your LS1 inferior. You're comical to say the least noobie.
Old 04-26-2012, 05:37 PM
Banned

That "inferior" engine has went low 9's N/A, 8-flat with FI. Inferior? Sure. That's like a new Coyote owner calling your LS1 inferior. You're comical to say the least noobie.
It's really no secret that the LS1 is superior and has more potential. LS1's have touched 7's, that I know of, possibly lower.

And my LS1 is inferior to a lot of engines, the Coyote motor is a beast compared to mine, so is the LS3. They replaced the LT1 with the LS1 because it was better and faster, did that ever cross your mind?
Old 04-26-2012, 05:44 PM
11 Second Club

It's really no secret that the LS1 is superior and has more potential. LS1's have touched 7's, that I know of, possibly lower.

And my LS1 is inferior to a lot of engines, the Coyote motor is a beast compared to mine, so is the LS3. They replaced the LT1 with the LS1 because it was better and faster, did that ever cross your mind?
You just don't get it. Clueless should have been your middle name. Solely based on the fact you have "Bilstein shocks" posted in your sig makes me aware of what I'm dealing with here. I hope their at least Re-valved.

Damn high school kids and their LS Wons
Old 04-26-2012, 05:45 PM
12 Second Club

Hmmm, then I wonder why, on Dictionary dot com, it is listed as an adverb on the bottom of the page for superior?

Anyway, what an engine can do stock means nothing when it comes to how fast the car does or doesn't go. Look at a standard SBC or BBC. They were replaced, yet none of the current engines can touch what those engines have accomplished at the track.
Old 04-26-2012, 05:55 PM
12 Second Club

You just don't get it. Clueless should have been your middle name. Solely based on the fact you have "Bilstein shocks" posted in your sig makes me aware of what I'm dealing with here. I hope their at least Re-valved.

Talk about butt hurt. Every time an LS1 loses a race, all you hear is either "if the LSWONDER would have had this or this mod" or "that guy must have spent so much money, definitely not worth it"

More often than not, in my own personal experience, modded LTX guys have spent less money to hit 10's and 11's than modded LSX guys (this also includes the purchase prices of the car).
Old 04-26-2012, 06:26 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by coolmanvette75
Lol I can take it. And heres a vid of me beating a full bolt on ls1 at the track a few months ago just for the hell of it (im the red car)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hMSrVEJX9IY
That's the slowest bolton ls1 f-body I ever saw. I did 12.60@107mph with bolt-ons only..

Last edited by odarabla; 04-26-2012 at 06:37 PM.
Old 04-26-2012, 06:57 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

LT1's are making a comeback, I hear they're faster than the new 5.0
Old 04-26-2012, 07:15 PM
On The Tree

I know my lt1 is inferior old tech I never claimed it to be better than the ls1 or any other engine but it is by no means worthless as most ls1 guys make it out to be and just because I care the best motor gm ever had made beared the lt code the lt5 and if my lt1 goes that's what will go in not an ls
Old 04-26-2012, 07:16 PM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

lt1s are suerior to 2v 4.6 but thats about it. and equal to a 4v na. my 4.6 needs boost to hang with ls cars
Old 04-26-2012, 07:17 PM
Launching!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Old 04-26-2012, 07:18 PM
10 Second Club

Talk about butt hurt. Every time an LS1 loses a race, all you hear is either "if the LSWONDER would have had this or this mod" or "that guy must have spent so much money, definitely not worth it"

More often than not, in my own personal experience, modded LTX guys have spent less money to hit 10's and 11's than modded LSX guys (this also includes the purchase prices of the car).
Your not very smart are you?
Old 04-26-2012, 07:26 PM
Banned

Correct me here, what am I not getting? I think you're acting pretty clueless yourself, defending the older engine, that is weaker and has less potential. I'm not saying the LT1 is crap, I would take an LT1 over a 2v 4.6 any day of the week. The LT1 has plenty of potential, some of them are very fast cars, and it's incredible to see that so many are still out there today putting a beating on newer cars.

The only point I'm trying to make is that the LS1 is a superior engine, the end, stop getting butt hurt.

What's wrong with listing Bilstein shocks? It's merited me a few PM's asking how I like them, helping out fellow F-body owners with my experiences, without listing it they wouldn't have asked me.
Old 04-26-2012, 07:30 PM
Banned

Are you stupid?
Old 04-26-2012, 07:31 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by 92cobranotch
lt1s are suerior to 2v 4.6 but thats about it. and equal to a 4v na. my 4.6 needs boost to hang with ls cars
This. ^
Old 04-26-2012, 07:43 PM
On The Tree

You know what I change my mind the ltx was by far the best engine ever built by gm. They took a massive step backwards when they built the ls1 that weak pos. The aluminum block doesn't even make a good boat anchor.

Flame on
Old 04-26-2012, 07:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 68 Likes on 57 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

Seen many LT1 bolt on cars in the 12s at full weight.
Nothing wrong to mod one-they can run. You couldn't pay me to put headers on a LT1 Fbody again though
Old 04-26-2012, 09:43 PM
Banned

I came into the conversation when someone mentioned a bolt-on LT1 being a 13-second car, as if implying that 12's weren't possible. Then you chime your noobie *** in and claim the LT1 owners are butt-hurt. Then I had to explain to you that I don't own an LT1...then your conversation began to jump all over the place, turning into an LS1 vs. LT1 debate, which wasn't what the original debate was about. Typical noobie move. And about the whole butt-hurt comments, I bought my first LS1 when they were still sitting on the showroom. Get a clue man.

Except I never said you owned an LT1. There were a lot of butt hurt LT1 owners on this thread, so I made the comment. So really, what are you arguing with me about?

Quick Reply: LT1 beating up on some LSX (with videos)