Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Suzuki SV650 vs LS1 Camaro *VIDEO*

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2012, 10:50 PM
***Repost Police***

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If I were to ever get another bike, a fully-faired SV650 would be on my short list of potential buys.
Old 04-16-2012, 08:16 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Nice runs, OP. I personally wouldn't call an SV650 a "beginner" bike. It's certainly not a Ninja 250 or even 500; it's a bike with a different purpose than a supersport bike. A LOT of the guys I know have SV650's for their race bikes (road course), and they certainly aren't beginners. lol

And the GSX600 comments had me rollin over here.
Old 04-16-2012, 09:01 AM
***Repost Police***

Originally Posted by PewterScreaminMach
Nice runs, OP. I personally wouldn't call an SV650 a "beginner" bike. It's certainly not a Ninja 250 or even 500; it's a bike with a different purpose than a supersport bike. A LOT of the guys I know have SV650's for their race bikes (road course), and they certainly aren't beginners. lol

And the GSX600 comments had me rollin over here.
But the SV650 doesn't run 9s...it must be for n00bz.
Old 04-16-2012, 10:37 AM
10 Second Club

Sv650s? What r those? I think we found one a couple years back but cant remember for sure.
http://www.streetfire.net/video/fire...lle_689143.htm
Old 04-16-2012, 10:39 AM
10 Second Club

^ FWIW my Z06 was still on the stock gears, wheels, and LS6 intake/tb
Old 04-16-2012, 11:02 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Irunelevens
But the SV650 doesn't run 9s...it must be for n00bz.
Here's a true story from the other night:

My girlfriend and I were riding together, her on her 250 that she's been riding for six years because she commutes and doesn't race (not to mention she weighs about 105), and me on my 600. We were stopped for a minute in a parking lot talking about where we wanted to go and as we're sitting there, this guy comes out of a restaurant and from about 20 feet away yells at me, "You need more CUBES!". He then walks over and eyes her bike telling her they are great beginner bikes, as if he's some riding god and she just started learning.

Mind you, he didn't really say any of this jokingly, more like "Don't you two KNOW what a real bike is?" He then proceeded to tell us how his million cc bike is a MONSTER that just can't keep the front end down and runs with the new ZX14 and Busa. I think we were really both speechless at what a tool this guy was being, so after us just staring at him for a minute, he proceeded to follow his wife to his car and leave.

I just couldn't believe someone had the ***** to flat out disrespect two random strangers like that, especially fellow riders who are clearly out enjoying the nice weather. I can't tell you how many people give me a disappointed response or look when they find out my bike isn't a 1000, and it's funny to me because most of them aren't even riders in the first place who realize I have this particular bike for a reason. But my favorite is when the driver of a modded up car that I just demolished asks me if my bike is a 1000 or a 750, and the look of disappointment is them trying to figure out how a 600 just beat them that badly when all of their friends with fast cars talk about how 600's are nothing and they walk them all the time.

Ignorance is bliss, until reality comes and bitch slaps you in a the face with a little 600.

Last edited by PewterScreaminMach; 04-16-2012 at 11:08 AM.
Old 04-16-2012, 11:18 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by PewterScreaminMach
Here's a true story from the other night:

My girlfriend and I were riding together, her on her 250 that she's been riding for six years because she commutes and doesn't race (not to mention she weighs about 105), and me on my 600. We were stopped for a minute in a parking lot talking about where we wanted to go and as we're sitting there, this guy comes out of a restaurant and from about 20 feet away yells at me, "You need more CUBES!". He then walks over and eyes her bike telling her they are great beginner bikes, as if he's some riding god and she just started learning.

Mind you, he didn't really say any of this jokingly, more like "Don't you two KNOW what a real bike is?" He then proceeded to tell us how his million cc bike is a MONSTER that just can't keep the front end down and runs with the new ZX14 and Busa. I think we were really both speechless at what a tool this guy was being, so after us just staring at him for a minute, he proceeded to follow his wife to his car and leave.

I just couldn't believe someone had the ***** to flat out disrespect two random strangers like that, especially fellow riders who are clearly out enjoying the nice weather. I can't tell you how many people give me a disappointed response or look when they find out my bike isn't a 1000, and it's funny to me because most of them aren't even riders in the first place. But my favorite is when the driver of a modded up car that I just demolished asks me if my bike is a 1000 or a 750, and the look of disappointment is them trying to figure out how a 600 just beat them that badly when all of their friends with fast cars talk about how 600's are nothing and they walk them all the time.

Ignorance is bliss, until reality comes and bitch slaps you in a the face with a little 600.
Sport bike guys are worse than ricers, by far. As a sport bike rider, i'll be the first to say that as a demographic, we absolutely suck.

How many guys buy liter bikes, put stupid **** like spiked bar ends, colored wind screens, "drag" style 9000dB exhausts, and ride their dumb asses to the bar to try and snag some smash bag? ******* losers.

I see them in downtown areas all the time, helmet usually attached to the bike, but not on their head because then no one would see who they are, revving unnecessarily to draw attention and riding around the same high traffic downtown areas for hours on end. *******.

I love sitting at a restaurant and watching the same 2-5 monkey-ridden bikes go by 5 times in the course of my lunch.

It's a beautiful day, if you own a bike for any of the right reasons you're out carving some back roads or even letting it breathe on the highway, not revving your beat 1000cc bike unnecessarily while doing 10mph in downtown traffic to get noticed.

I rode a motard all last summer. I almost got hit on 2 occasions by gear-less squids who thought it would be fun to fly by a slower bike at triple digit speeds in the same lane less than 2 feet away. If i veered slightly off course the other rider would never have time to compensate at that speed. If i could have kept up with either of them it would have been a brawl at the next stop light.

If you can't tell, i absolutely hate squids/toolbags who need a bike to try and pull some *****. Generally they have the IQ of a squirrel and can't ride for ****.

They're half the reason the ZZR might get a little hidden giggle gas.
Old 04-16-2012, 05:34 PM
TECH Resident

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by DoggyB22
This is it... Says Katana so GSX 600. What do they do in the 1/4?
More then likely, mid 12 sec 1/4 mile with a pretty good rider.
Old 04-16-2012, 05:47 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Beans
Sport bike guys are worse than ricers, by far. As a sport bike rider, i'll be the first to say that as a demographic, we absolutely suck.

How many guys buy liter bikes, put stupid **** like spiked bar ends, colored wind screens, "drag" style 9000dB exhausts, and ride their dumb asses to the bar to try and snag some smash bag? ******* losers.

I see them in downtown areas all the time, helmet usually attached to the bike, but not on their head because then no one would see who they are, revving unnecessarily to draw attention and riding around the same high traffic downtown areas for hours on end. *******.

I love sitting at a restaurant and watching the same 2-5 monkey-ridden bikes go by 5 times in the course of my lunch.

It's a beautiful day, if you own a bike for any of the right reasons you're out carving some back roads or even letting it breathe on the highway, not revving your beat 1000cc bike unnecessarily while doing 10mph in downtown traffic to get noticed.

I rode a motard all last summer. I almost got hit on 2 occasions by gear-less squids who thought it would be fun to fly by a slower bike at triple digit speeds in the same lane less than 2 feet away. If i veered slightly off course the other rider would never have time to compensate at that speed. If i could have kept up with either of them it would have been a brawl at the next stop light.

If you can't tell, i absolutely hate squids/toolbags who need a bike to try and pull some *****. Generally they have the IQ of a squirrel and can't ride for ****.

They're half the reason the ZZR might get a little hidden giggle gas.

Had a VMAX for a couple years, couldnt stand the Squid school in my area!!! Every year we would have a huge Cruise night (2500+) Muscle Cars/Trucks and these Tards would end up rear ending sweet muscle cars trying to pull wheelies in traffic!!! (Talking 69 GTO, 66 Nova II, 70 Camaro, 69 BOSS stuff)!
Old 04-16-2012, 08:36 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

lol...
Old 04-16-2012, 09:37 PM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Beans
Agreed 100%. I ride a zx14 yet have a sore neck from all the headshaking I've done when talking to other 1000cc or bigger bike owners who say crap like "I wasn't going to waste my time on a 600 so my first bike was a Hayabusa" or "I didn't need to start on a small bore to learn how to ride. Within 6 months of riding there was no 600 that could hang with me in the twisties on my ZX14"

Then you got the 600 crowd and there BS too: "If I wanted a 1000 then I would have bought one. But I wanted to be able to corner so I got a 600." or "There's no 1000, 'busa, or 14 that can hold a candle to me on a twisty road".

Both are idiots. Both are abundant in bike circles. And both are so rarely called out on there BS that it's become defacto truth.
Old 04-17-2012, 12:31 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Sticks n Stones
Agreed 100%. I ride a zx14 yet have a sore neck from all the headshaking I've done when talking to other 1000cc or bigger bike owners who say crap like "I wasn't going to waste my time on a 600 so my first bike was a Hayabusa" or "I didn't need to start on a small bore to learn how to ride. Within 6 months of riding there was no 600 that could hang with me in the twisties on my ZX14"

Then you got the 600 crowd and there BS too: "If I wanted a 1000 then I would have bought one. But I wanted to be able to corner so I got a 600." or "There's no 1000, 'busa, or 14 that can hold a candle to me on a twisty road".

Both are idiots. Both are abundant in bike circles. And both are so rarely called out on there BS that it's become defacto truth.

true, many people in the sportbike crowd are tarded. But I'd say it's more of a close knit community, there is more to talk about and not quite as much to argue about. However it did get really annoying with my R1 with 600cc guys. I never, and I mean never went around acting like i was the **** but smaller bike guys would constantly tell me how my R1 couldn't handle(I got the R1 cuz I got a good price.) Then I have them switch from their lower cc bike and sit on mine and to their surprise, it isn't heavy. People have such built up stereotypes for what a 1000cc bike should weigh. A modern liter bike weighs within tens of pounds of a lower displacement.

Quick Reply: Suzuki SV650 vs LS1 Camaro *VIDEO*