Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Are all SVT owners a**holes?

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2012, 08:36 AM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i no dis guy he got dis mustang an he race erone all deh tim,ez an he like man dis car is so fast u so dumb metalmilitia606 go take ur gay mullet car home..i hates him so much dat i not friendz wit him. That is how generalizing a group based on the car they drive makes you sound. Every group has their tools, but to lump them all in is not fair.
Old 04-17-2012, 09:10 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Lol. I get it now... I was like WTF was that? I only read the first 2 sentences.
Old 04-17-2012, 09:28 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Theblacknightls1
Those corvette owners are cocky and they think they own a exotic when really its a fbody with 2 seats ..... Lmao Jk Jk
Sadly, in my area its true, they act like they are driving in an exotic supercar.
Old 04-17-2012, 11:48 AM
Teching In

Over the years, I have come to the conclusion that a car is simply an extention of one's ego. If the person is already full of himself, the car will just enhance that.
The world would be a better place if people would show a little more humility...but we are all guilty of it from time to time.
Old 04-17-2012, 12:04 PM
TECH Resident

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by MACH32V
Over the years, I have come to the conclusion that a car is simply an extention of one's ego. If the person is already full of himself, the car will just enhance that.
The world would be a better place if people would show a little more humility...but we are all guilty of it from time to time.
The internet has taught me:
1) If one has a abnormally small ***** they buy a corvette and
2) If one has no ***** they buy a mustang

I haven't yet figured out how any of that makes sense, but maybe I'll catch it someday. And the girlfriend can't figure out why I have a corvette. Lol...
Old 04-17-2012, 12:07 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by R6cowboy
2) If one has no ***** they buy a mustang

I haven't yet figured out how any of that makes sense, but maybe I'll catch it someday. And the girlfriend can't figure out why I have a corvette. Lol...
Old 04-17-2012, 01:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by ZFreie
Sadly, in my area its true, they act like they are driving in an exotic supercar.
Why do you guys feel the need to throw everyone under the bus? I'm sure there are pleanty of cool vette owners around you... But you may have just run into a few of the bad ones.

I'm not on here calling LT1's slow because there isn't any really quick ones that I've come across locally... I'm sure there's some around here, but it's the same concept.

I don't waste gas on bolt-on fbodies anymore. Call me a dick, but it's just not worth the gas or risk. I'm not goin to give you a thumbs down or the finger if you pull up next to me... But I won't go.
Old 04-17-2012, 01:56 PM
On The Tree

^^^^ Would you pass up on a 03-04 Cobra?
Old 04-17-2012, 02:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Heater
There ain't many around, and I still need to get payback from a few years ago when some guy with a jet engine under his hood of a 03/04 cobra put train lengths on me with my old 02 SS... So yeah, I would... Regardless... As long as the conditions were right.

If the Fbody was built, or the cobra was built, I'd love to run them... Even if I'd win or lose. I just find it a little pointless risking **** on something I'd destroy.

There are tons of people here with fbodies that would run circles around my Z06, but the point I was trying to make is I don't want to race you if I know I'll destroy you.

Last edited by Camaro_94; 04-17-2012 at 02:54 PM.
Old 04-17-2012, 02:20 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Camaro_94
Why do you guys feel the need to throw everyone under the bus? I'm sure there are pleanty of cool vette owners around you... But you may have just run into a few of the bad ones.

I'm not on here calling LT1's slow because there isn't any really quick ones that I've come across locally... I'm sure there's some around here, but it's the same concept.

I don't waste gas on bolt-on fbodies anymore. Call me a dick, but it's just not worth the gas or risk. I'm not goin to give you a thumbs down or the finger if you pull up next to me... But I won't go.
Originally Posted by Heater
theres cool and douche bags of all kinds. ford or chevy.
the good brings the bad. now way around it.
ive come across real cool ford guys and asshats, same for gm guys.
i had a ls1 camaro guy start goin off bout my pos turd gen. at a gtg once.
pos 305, bla,bla. my turd gen ran 11.os on motor. broke into the 10s a few times. before it got a turbo lsx.

usually the mod motor/new edge/cobra "gurus" are usually the dbags in my experience. ive had a few run ins, with some not so cool
mod motor guys.
i dont go to gtg as much no more
Old 04-17-2012, 03:09 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by R6cowboy
Someone did that to me once with my wife in the car... Told me I had to have the C5 Z06 for compensation. Without missing a beat the wife leans over and says, "Not compensation, equalization! Sorry about your small dick, its called genetics pee-wee!"

I missed the light I was laughing so hard...
Old 04-17-2012, 03:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I use to have a lightning and I don't think I'm an a$$hole.
Old 04-17-2012, 03:18 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ive met more "LS" ******** than any other.. haha
Old 04-17-2012, 03:24 PM
TECH Apprentice

I will never call all people that drive a certain car *** holes. But I do know some cobra owners. 2 of them both talk mad ****! One much more then the other. For some reason they think cause they can barely beat my buds stock ls3 auto vette. That they can beat me and all vettes lol. They are nice guys for the most part just a lot of **** talking. Then a couple weeks ago got a fly bye from a 03-04 cobra. He would never let me get next to him to run. Tried 3 times maybe he didn't want to loose with his girl in the car? There are bad apples in every group cant get around that.
Old 04-17-2012, 05:05 PM
TECH Resident

There ain't many around, and I still need to get payback from a few years ago when some guy with a jet engine under his hood of a 03/04 cobra put train lengths on me with my old 02 SS... So yeah, I would... Regardless... As long as the conditions were right.

If the Fbody was built, or the cobra was built, I'd love to run them... Even if I'd win or lose. I just find it a little pointless risking **** on something I'd destroy.

There are tons of people here with fbodies that would run circles around my Z06, but the point I was trying to make is I don't want to race you if I know I'll destroy you.
Just curious, how do you know yourbgunna destroy them? Can you hear a bottle? Or stroker vs just a cam car? Im sure to some of these guys you just look like a scared z06.
Old 04-17-2012, 05:16 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by odthetruth
I had a similar experience with a ******** in an S4... except I pulled right past him after his ricer flyby attempt, and he still talked. I asked if all Audi owners are snobs... but obv. it was said in jest.

I don't see how thumbing down someone elses car can make you feel like a winner.

Just forget it. Hopefully you run into him again and get the line up you want.
They may not all be snobs, but they are all dumbasses for buying overpriced VWs.
Old 04-17-2012, 06:42 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Azrael
Someone did that to me once with my wife in the car... Told me I had to have the C5 Z06 for compensation. Without missing a beat the wife leans over and says, "Not compensation, equalization! Sorry about your small dick, its called genetics pee-wee!"

I missed the light I was laughing so hard...
Hilarious!! Around here jacked up trucks are everywhere so the car scene applies the "compensation" joke to them.

In my experience the ******** usually have bolt-on cars and the heavily modified car owners are moddest. We are smart enough to know there are faster cars out there. Acting like your the big Dick dog will get you put in your place quick.
Old 04-17-2012, 06:59 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by ZGLASS
I will never call all people that drive a certain car *** holes. But I do know some cobra owners. 2 of them both talk mad ****! One much more then the other. For some reason they think cause they can barely beat my buds stock ls3 auto vette. That they can beat me and all vettes lol. They are nice guys for the most part just a lot of **** talking. Then a couple weeks ago got a fly bye from a 03-04 cobra. He would never let me get next to him to run. Tried 3 times maybe he didn't want to loose with his girl in the car? There are bad apples in every group cant get around that.

LoL, the biggest **** talkers I know are GM fanatics.
Old 04-17-2012, 08:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by oChristiano
Just curious, how do you know yourbgunna destroy them? Can you hear a bottle? Or stroker vs just a cam car? Im sure to some of these guys you just look like a scared z06.
You can tell if its got a cam in it... Usually pretty easily. Especially if you're next to them at a stop light. And unless theyre spraying a 200 shot with their bolt-on setup, I wouldnt really have to worry.

If its got a cam, I'll play. I said "BOLTON cars". I take my losses like a man. If someones got a faster car, they have a faster car. I still always give everyone a thumbs up regardless of the outcome. There will always be someone faster, and I realize that...

I dont have anything against them, since I did own several fbodies, but its just not worth the risk to play with them. I dont mean to discredit anyones car, but I was just saying some people may find me to be a dick for not playing with them.. But I wont throw them the finger or give them a thumbs down either. I just wont go. What kind of satisfaction would I gain by beating a car I have nearly 200rwhp over?

I dont instigate races anymore either.
Old 04-17-2012, 09:10 PM
Staging Lane

You can tell if its got a cam in it... Usually pretty easily. Especially if you're next to them at a stop light. And unless theyre spraying a 200 shot with their bolt-on setup, I wouldnt really have to worry.

If its got a cam, I'll play. I said "BOLTON cars". I take my losses like a man. If someones got a faster car, they have a faster car. I still always give everyone a thumbs up regardless of the outcome. There will always be someone faster, and I realize that...

I dont have anything against them, since I did own several fbodies, but its just not worth the risk to play with them. I dont mean to discredit anyones car, but I was just saying some people may find me to be a dick for not playing with them.. But I wont throw them the finger or give them a thumbs down either. I just wont go. What kind of satisfaction would I gain by beating a car I have nearly 200rwhp over?

I dont instigate races anymore either.
So do you ask for a list of mods from F body owners before you race them?