Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Where are all the H/C cars?

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2012, 11:13 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by punishmentcycle
PSM.. when are u free? we'll both take a ride out to RI. we'll make a good night of it..
Evan, set up some other runs with comparable cars if u can so we can make a good vid of all the runs
I can find a run for probably everyone. I think I would probably be your best race. I can find close races for PSM too. Actually this saturday night theres a local "team belligerant" Bike meet on federal hill in providence if you guys are interested
Old 04-24-2012, 11:20 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ill be in boston sat night.. friday is looking good for me
Old 04-24-2012, 11:33 AM
TECH Fanatic

ill be working till midnight... unless u guys wanna meet after that
Old 04-24-2012, 12:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

as long as we hit a bar after im in
Old 04-24-2012, 12:12 PM
10 Second Club

Received 427 Likes on 337 Posts

Originally Posted by FlatBlackZ28
An engine swap is the ultimate mod. Every single piece under the hood is now foreign to the car. The amount of displacement, street manners and power output is irrelevant. Highly modified signifies how far the car is from it's original condition.

I would consider your car highly modified. You have changed every single part of that original car. Intake, Heads, Cam, Pistons, Rods, Crank, Block, Exhaust from headers back, gears, tires, clutch, suspension etc etc etc. The only stock part left on your car is the body. Looking at your mods list, you changed EVERYTHING. Just because GM made some of your engine parts doesn't make it any less of a modification.
I definetly consider my car highly modified....but not the engine. They are 2 different pieces. For example the engine may need different parts for different applications for fitment. So to me headers/intake and some other parts are car specific parts and not much engine specific.
Originally Posted by evangto87
Id have to disagree with this a bit but i see your point. But according to that, if a car is not a numbers matching car, its highly modified.
This. Some people may need a replacement engine, that does not mean it's highly modified. My ls6 was just that, a replacement engine......due to catastrophic failure of a missed shift not by me.
Old 04-24-2012, 01:32 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

PSM.. when are u free? we'll both take a ride out to RI. we'll make a good night of it..
Evan, set up some other runs with comparable cars if u can so we can make a good vid of all the runs
I can find a run for probably everyone. I think I would probably be your best race. I can find close races for PSM too. Actually this saturday night theres a local "team belligerant" Bike meet on federal hill in providence if you guys are interested
ill be working till midnight... unless u guys wanna meet after that
I'm leaving Saturday for some track days at NJMP, so a late meet Friday night or this weekend is out (4.5 hours to get down there and I'll be back late Monday night). I mentioned a possible meet with Beans the following weekend, so let's see if the weather cooperates. I'll run pretty much anything regardless of how badly I'll win or lose, and as long as the person involved is cool.
Old 04-24-2012, 01:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by PewterScreaminMach
I'm leaving Saturday for some track days at NJMP, so a late meet Friday night or this weekend is out (4.5 hours to get down there and I'll be back late Monday night). I mentioned a possible meet with Beans the following weekend, so let's see if the weather cooperates. I'll run pretty much anything regardless of how badly I'll win or lose, and as long as the person involved is cool.
agreed. Im down for then. I think beans is testing out the new wheels on me tonight... ooo boy
Old 04-24-2012, 02:27 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

agreed. Im down for then. I think beans is testing out the new wheels on me tonight... ooo boy
Can't wait for results. You guys gonna have a camera on hand? I'm very curious to see how it goes.
Old 04-24-2012, 02:43 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by quik01ss
I got H/C/I car.
There ya go lmfao. H/C/I car.
Old 04-24-2012, 02:43 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by PewterScreaminMach
Can't wait for results. You guys gonna have a camera on hand? I'm very curious to see how it goes.
Wasn't planning on posting any of it, but since Evan did I'll bring my GoPro.

I asked Evan for the race because i want to compare it to my 600. From a 65-70 roll with Evan getting the hit the 600 was dead even until about 120 where he would start walking, and by 135 he was pulling me HARD.

I want to recreate that race with the 750 and see how hard i pull, and Evan is being a good sport and lining up with me in the name of science, lol.

The only thing that sucks is with this damn squid windscreen on the bike i will have to have my head above it to see where i'm going. I can't see 2 feet in front of me at night in a full tuck.
Old 04-24-2012, 05:36 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Jared8
There ya go lmfao. H/C/I car.
Im looked away on.... need more bike to keep up lol
Old 04-24-2012, 08:58 PM
Staging Lane

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by FlatBlackZ28
No, not my point at all. If a car blows a head gasket and has to replace the entire head with a stock replacement part, there is no modification. Unless you consider the number stamp on the head to be a modification. In that case, changing the stock oil and oil filter are as much a modification as repairing something that broke. Exact same head, exact same function. HIO, however, doesn't have a stock part anywhere on that car! Maybe the driveshaft! Other than that, there is a list a mile long of what didn't come on the car and a list 2 to 3 inches long of what did.

Unless someone can name me some significant mechanical parts on HIO's car that are still stock? I can't think of much that he hasn't modified.
I think the same way you do. He likes to bullshit just so he can say his car is "stock".
Old 04-24-2012, 09:06 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by snake95
I think the same way you do. He likes to bullshit just so he can say his car is "stock".

+1 Werd

Quick Reply: Where are all the H/C cars?