Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by snake95
My guess: 453hp/467tq.
could be......ill sacrifice a few hp to make sure its safe
Old 04-24-2012, 08:51 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a few friends (acquaintances) that have used Excessive, good and bad but never bad enough that they were the cause of a eaten piston due to a tune.

Just in case you do not know, a lot of times when a Terminator engine is hurt you won't know it until you hear rod knock from the loss of oil due to a piston being damaged. I have seen one hurt a piston and it never smoked or even acted like it lost power...it just loses oil.

If you have any questions fee free to hit me up. I don't have all the answers, but I've been around these cars for a few years now and know a little bit about them.
Old 04-24-2012, 08:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 66 Likes on 55 Posts

Thats exactly what happen to a friends Mystic Terminator.
Old 04-24-2012, 08:57 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Heater
I have a few friends (acquaintances) that have used Excessive, good and bad but never bad enough that they were the cause of a eaten piston due to a tune.

Just in case you do not know, a lot of times when a Terminator engine is hurt you won't know it until you hear rod knock from the loss of oil due to a piston being damaged. I have seen one hurt a piston and it never smoked or even acted like it lost power...it just loses oil.

If you have any questions fee free to hit me up. I don't have all the answers, but I've been around these cars for a few years now and know a little bit about them.
Thanks man will do. mine could be hurt for all i know. it went flat a few times when i got on it a little bit keeping up with other races posted on here. ive checked for blow by and havent seen any signs yet. ..... if its hurt its my own stupidity but i couldnt help myself a time or two
Old 04-24-2012, 09:03 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I always tell people to do a compression test or leak down test if they buy a Terminator or a Terminator engine.

If yours was all stock, then maybe you got a virgin.
Old 04-24-2012, 09:09 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Heater
I always tell people to do a compression test or leak down test if they buy a Terminator or a Terminator engine.

If yours was all stock, then maybe you got a virgin.
lol in that case mine was a prostitute lol it had pulley and spec clutch when i bought the swap. the drivers side head has been off but doesnt apear to be the tick fixed part number. it was in a vert hit hard on drivers side. originally from cali then i bought the swap from guy that parts them out in iowa he has like 10 right now that are totaled
Old 04-24-2012, 09:17 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Mike Morris
Thats exactly what happen to a friends Mystic Terminator.
is that what that noise was in it that i heard last summer?
Old 04-24-2012, 09:17 PM
Staging Lane

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by 92cobranotch
could be......ill sacrifice a few hp to make sure its safe
I wasn't trying to be "that guy" with a low guess, I'm just saying with your weight it isn't going to take much to move that car and you said you'd rather be conservative than radical with the tune.
Old 04-24-2012, 09:22 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by snake95
I wasn't trying to be "that guy" with a low guess, I'm just saying with your weight it isn't going to take much to move that car and you said you'd rather be conservative than radical with the tune.
no problem, it could very well end up there. im gonna tell him how i feel about it and leave it in his hands were hes comfortable. i dd this thing and dont want bad gas to blow it up. ill buy from same shell every fill up i can but its beyond my controll if i take it on a trip