Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Z28 LS1 vs 2013 Mustang 5.0

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2012, 08:48 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ohioborn80
Notice it isn't a LS1. And look what done to it. He said LS1 not a sleeved every thing LS2. So wrong again. Also see some one says best case dyno with 50 degree day etc etc.
actually he said 346cid motor. it's an lsx engine using lsx technology. it's not like he has a 4v head or anything. give some credit where it's due, man. fact of the matter is, the ls1 is still the bar, even after damn near 15 years. i think the new 5.0s are making their way up, but they are still too expensive to own and mod for most guys to consider. especially when you can purchase/mod an lsx car to the same end result for prob 1/4 the money.
Old 04-28-2012, 08:56 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by s346k
actually he said 346cid motor. it's an lsx engine using lsx technology. it's not like he has a 4v head or anything. give some credit where it's due, man. fact of the matter is, the ls1 is still the bar, even after damn near 15 years. i think the new 5.0s are making their way up, but they are still too expensive to own and mod for most guys to consider. especially when you can purchase/mod an lsx car to the same end result for prob 1/4 the money.
I even bolded the damn 346 for him, he just doesn't comprehend anything. I think the next one is at 54XRwhp, might have been 55X however. Then you have 1-2 more in the 53X range... Chrs1313 I *think is number 4-5 at 52XRwhp. All large stalled A4s. Those are all using 100% true factory ls1 blocks, the one at 540Rwhp and the rest under it are all STOCK BOTTOM END and FACTORY LS1 blocks fwiw as well.

HAHA he actually brought up, "Also see some one says best case dyno with 50 degree day etc etc.". Like records aren't set in "perfect" conditions. LOL What a tool.
He actually wants me to waste my time trying to educate him, which is impossible to begin with. It is all at his finger tips why he expects special treatment by getting things handed to him is beyond me.
Old 04-28-2012, 09:07 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by lemons12
I think the next one is at 54XRwhp, might have been 55X however. Then you have 1-2 more in the 53X range... Chrs1313 I *think is number 4-5 at 52XRwhp. All large stalled A4s. Those are all using 100% true factory ls1 blocks, the one at 540Rwhp and the rest under it are all STOCK BOTTOM END and FACTORY LS1 blocks fwiw as well.
yeah, i can see chrs1313 laying waste to tsps record. i remember seeing that car at the track before it even had a cam haha how it has progressed is awesome. a factory assembled and installed shortblock car with only 346cid making sub 10 second passes n/a is awesome. i mean, it's not a 5.0 or anything, but still an accomplishment. hell you can buy a complete ls1 rotating assy for what...a few hundred bucks. capable of 9s n/a haha.
Old 04-28-2012, 09:08 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What had happened was...Ford gave the fan boys a little bigger Dick to work with and they got cocky...lol In reality they are still *** hurt from years of ls1 domination. Except for the ones with "extends" (aka supercharges).
But then on the other hand ls1 guys are still holding on to the past because the new Camaro just does not make the grade. Bottom line is ford got there **** together and deserve to dominate.
Where the hell is dodge?
And the imports? The gtr has to represent them all I guess....
Old 04-28-2012, 09:13 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by s346k
yeah, i can see chrs1313 laying waste to tsps record. i remember seeing that car at the track before it even had a cam haha how it has progressed is awesome. a factory assembled and installed shortblock car with only 346cid making sub 10 second passes n/a is awesome. i mean, it's not a 5.0 or anything, but still an accomplishment. hell you can buy a complete ls1 rotating assy for what...a few hundred bucks. capable of 9s n/a haha.
It most definitely will if he doesn't get fed up and go to a stroker, which I can see.
I want to know what DM is going to end up running on motor and what skinny is going to push his stock 5.3 to, absolutely insane.

Originally Posted by 69chevelleSS
What had happened was...Ford gave the fan boys a little bigger Dick to work with and they got cocky...lol In reality they are still *** hurt from years of ls1 domination. Except for the ones with "extends" (aka supercharges).
But then on the other hand ls1 guys are still holding on to the past because the new Camaro just does not make the grade. Bottom line is ford got there **** together and deserve to dominate.
Where the hell is dodge?
And the imports? The gtr has to represent them all I guess....
Isn't the ls1s NA record still faster than the Cobras ported Eaton record?
Dodge? The new 392 is nasty.
Old 04-28-2012, 10:35 AM
TECH Fanatic

Nice! That's why I still haven't replaced my 01 SS.
Old 04-28-2012, 12:42 PM
TECH Addict

Notice it isn't a LS1. And look what done to it. He said LS1 not a sleeved every thing LS2. So wrong again. Also see some one says best case dyno with 50 degree day etc etc.
Originally Posted by Heater
Terminators come with Manley H-beam rods, I'd run them in a skinny minute.
Isnt it easier to post on the mustang sites where everyone will agree with you? You guys seem stressed. Im just sayin
Old 04-28-2012, 12:52 PM
10 Second Club

Received 252 Likes on 164 Posts

Originally Posted by MikeWS6
Isnt it easier to post on the mustang sites where everyone will agree with you? You guys seem stressed. Im just sayin
Nope...I dont agree with them on everything. I knwo on mustangevolution idiots really think there 2006 GT with bolt ons is better then a new GTR/Z06...They was really upset when I said I would trade my car for either.
Old 04-28-2012, 02:35 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Redfire 03
I am aware of this. Hence the name, "Redfire".
I know that you used to own a Cobra, doesn't mean that you are well informed.

Haven't heard too many people call Manley rods "junk".

Originally Posted by MikeWS6

No, it's like being surrounded by a bunch of *** kissing "Yes" men. Some people like that as it boosts their ego and makes them feel comfortable not being challenged.
Old 04-28-2012, 03:25 PM
Staging Lane

Received 36 Likes on 31 Posts

No, it's like being surrounded by a bunch of *** kissing "Yes" men. Some people like that as it boosts their ego and makes them feel comfortable not being challenged.
I remember the first time I saw Kevin (stopsign32v) create a shitstorm on corral talking about cold air intakes I thought he was a huge chode at first then realized he's a chill dude who knows what he is doing...there's nothing fun about having everybody agree with you and give you the same answer.
Old 04-28-2012, 03:26 PM
TECH Junkie

Lets be real if Ohio wasn't on this board the SR&K section would not be as fun.
Old 04-28-2012, 03:32 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by whytryz28
Lets be real if Ohio wasn't on this board the SR&K section would not be as fun.

What is funny is that he does what he does on here on the Mustang sites as well.

I sit back and laugh at how he gets so many people's panties in a wad. It's like he sets a trap and the same people keep walking into it time after time
Old 04-28-2012, 03:43 PM
Launching!

No ******* surprise what they come with as far as factory internals, and I'm sure you know what I mean when I refer to tused parts as "junk".
Old 04-28-2012, 03:47 PM
Launching!

What is funny is that he does what he does on here on the Mustang sites as well.

I sit back and laugh at how he gets so many people's panties in a wad. It's like he sets a trap and the same people keep walking into it time after time
Be real. He doesn't set a trap, he just says stupid **** because he doesn't know any better.
Old 04-28-2012, 03:55 PM
Staging Lane

If thats the case he's nothing but a troll.
Old 04-28-2012, 06:22 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by WannaBcamaroguy
If thats the case he's nothing but a troll.
Trolling at its finest.
Old 04-28-2012, 07:53 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Redfire 03
No ******* surprise what they come with as far as factory internals, and I'm sure you know what I mean when I refer to tused parts as "junk".
I guess if I knew what you meant, we wouldn't be jawing back and forth.
Old 04-29-2012, 04:04 AM
TECH Fanatic

Very good runs. Pretty even from Video.
LS1 was the clear winner here and he also had the passenger
Originally Posted by Theblacknightls1
I think was pretty close hard to tell who is faster. 5.0 looks like he needs a driver mod but your car runs very well for the mods you have.
Was it hard to tell who was faster? I watched the vid 3 times and the 1st time was already clear to me.
Originally Posted by Johnnystock
I give the edge to the LS1 in this vid. He comes back after an early hit with the Stang an dhe stays in even if he missed 5th. Oh yeah, let the haters hate. I wonder if this cars can trap 117 with only tires...mmmm

Originally Posted by itsslow98
tune/intake and re-run, bet he puts two cars on you.
A really stupid comment here. Hey put a built motor and turbos on the Z28 and I bet he puts train lengths on him.
Originally Posted by LS1rob00
Good runs, your car runs strong for sure for the mods/miles.

I would definitely say that he needs a driver mod though (not hating just being real) and I'd like to see a vid from the inside of his car too lol. I mean you were pulling him up top too and your shifts still could have been faster so that makes me wonder how well he was driving, being he just got the car and all.

Nonetheless good kill. I really like the 2013 5.0's too.
His shifts could be faster, but you have to be driving it
Originally Posted by TransAmcoupe98
Driver mod for sure, he should be able to edge you out by at least a couple cars. Awesome runs though. Driver mod is one of the most important.
Really? I thought #'s are just well.... #'s! I've seen plenty of should've out comes.
Originally Posted by willizm
Did the camaro have an extra passenger? They both looked pretty evenly matched, but hard to tell for sure. I'd say if the equal passengers the GM would have a slight edge.
LOL, it's not hard to tell who was faster and with equal passengers the GM would have a slight edge? It had the slight edge in this video.
More mods+more cubes and not pulling away. Don't see the funny.
New technology vs old technology... I see the funny. I'm not hating on the new 5.0's either because I think they're fast in stock form and with bolt-ons they're up there with pullied Cobra's
Originally Posted by FirebirdTransAm
So the 98 camaro (w/passenger) was pulling a mustang that made 30rwhp more. How is this not a victory for GM and the camaro driver?

98 Z28, clear winner.
About damn time someone watched the same video as me!!!!!!
Old 04-29-2012, 07:24 AM
9 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

^I should have elaborated a bit more but here goes. When someone barely gets pulled on then I don't get why they would call the other car a joke. Now if he put lengths on him in short order that would be a different story. A win is a win, but calling the mustang a joke would also imply the fbody being slightly less of a joke, no?
Old 04-29-2012, 08:34 AM
Banned

^I should have elaborated a bit more but here goes. When someone barely gets pulled on then I don't get why they would call the other car a joke. Now if he put lengths on him in short order that would be a different story. A win is a win, but calling the mustang a joke would also imply the fbody being slightly less of a joke, no?
Who said the Mustang was a joke?

Quick Reply: Z28 LS1 vs 2013 Mustang 5.0