intake only 2006 GTO vs eaton swapped Mach 1 **VID**

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2012, 01:37 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by hugger1975
I've never got into a race cause of FB

:-(
Neither have we before this...first time for everything I guess, lol.

Originally Posted by automach1
Take the eaton off for better results
I've seen a few vids of bolt on mach 1's getting beat pretty good by stock or mildly modded GTO's. This one just didn't perform like we thought it would though with the eaton. Maybe with a better driver it would have been closer, but I don't know if the mach 1 had the steam to out pull the GTO. Every race it seemed like right at the peak of it's powerband, it would gain some ground, but then he'd shift and the GTO would have so much more mid range pull.

BTW, we found out the mach 1 made 416/367 on a dynojet. And the kid thinks it weighs in the 3600 lbs range. Plus, they don't call them "heaton's" for nothing. Like I said, don't think the mach would have beaten the GTO regardless of driver.
Old 05-06-2012, 06:14 PM

Good kill! That Mach 1 looks awesome. That's my favorite color on those.
Old 05-06-2012, 07:03 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by automach1
Take the eaton off for better results
+1...MACH with bolt-ons alone would do better than that..I am pretty sure of that.
Old 05-06-2012, 08:10 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

it kind of looked like the mach was starting to pull back at the top of that gear...was that 3rd? so you guys were going what 105ish? i think had you ran it out he would've caught you. either way, good kill with a stock car vs a(nother) v8 that had positive manifold pressure haha.
Old 05-06-2012, 08:19 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by s346k
it kind of looked like the mach was starting to pull back at the top of that gear...was that 3rd? so you guys were going what 105ish? i think had you ran it out he would've caught you. either way, good kill with a stock car vs a(nother) v8 that had positive manifold pressure haha.
Thanks man! In that run on vid, the GTO started in second and let off at the top of 4th, so prob around 135 mph or so. Mach 1 was not going to catch up. The mach started in 3rd and let off at the top of 4th as well. We raced again with both cars in 2nd, and by the top of 4th, the GTO had about a car on the mach. But yea, I think the GTO did pretty well all things considered lol.
Old 05-06-2012, 08:25 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ok, i couldn't hear or tell what gear yall were in. i guess i shouldn't judge how long it would take my slowass ta to get to the top of 3rd by your video haha. awesome kill(s).
Old 05-06-2012, 08:33 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by s346k
ok, i couldn't hear or tell what gear yall were in. i guess i shouldn't judge how long it would take my slowass ta to get to the top of 3rd by your video haha. awesome kill(s).
LMAO...yea, everyone comments about how quiet the GTO is and how it sounds like a hybrid. Kind of the point though when you want to keep the stock exhaust on. Couldn't even hear the GTO chirp 3rd gear over the blower whine on the mach!
Old 05-06-2012, 08:41 PM
Teching In

Received 115 Likes on 87 Posts

So he slaps a supercharger on a mach1 and doesn't dyno it, so he hasn't tuned it?? No wonder he lost the race. Some people should just stick to watching the speed channel. Good kill.
Old 05-06-2012, 08:54 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by BlkMach1
So he slaps a supercharger on a mach1 and doesn't dyno it, so he hasn't tuned it?? No wonder he lost the race. Some people should just stick to watching the speed channel. Good kill.
Agreed...very poor display of performace for the MACH. Knowing that the car was not dyno'ed and possibly not tuned, why would he talk smack in the first place? In my opinion, he was just setting himself up to look foolish...and he did after that beat down.
Regardless, the better running car won no matter how you look at it. All the "should have", "would have" or "could have" does not change the facts.
Good run OP and way to shut him up!
Old 05-06-2012, 09:30 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by BlkMach1
I listed it above a few posts but you must have missed it. Found out he did in fact have it tuned on a dyno. Car made 416/367 on a dynojet. Him and all his buddies are scratching thier heads wondering WTF happened. IDK...All I can tell you is that we raced a few times and this was the general result every time. I'm sure he could benefit from the driver mod too.

Originally Posted by MACH32V
Agreed...very poor display of performace for the MACH. Knowing that the car was not dyno'ed and possibly not tuned, why would he talk smack in the first place? In my opinion, he was just setting himself up to look foolish...and he did after that beat down.
Regardless, the better running car won no matter how you look at it. All the "should have", "would have" or "could have" does not change the facts.
Good run OP and way to shut him up!
See above for the most part. Like I said, not sure what happened because even in gear he wasn't pulling much on the GTO in any of the runs. He even told us after the runs that he needs to learn to shift like my brother, lol. But thanks for the props man...always nice to leave someone scratching thier head after they were so sure they had it in the bag.
Old 05-06-2012, 11:35 PM
doesn't know what quit means

Originally Posted by NightmareTA
I listed it above a few posts but you must have missed it. Found out he did in fact have it tuned on a dyno. Car made 416/367 on a dynojet. Him and all his buddies are scratching thier heads wondering WTF happened. IDK...All I can tell you is that we raced a few times and this was the general result every time. I'm sure he could benefit from the driver mod too.

See above for the most part. Like I said, not sure what happened because even in gear he wasn't pulling much on the GTO in any of the runs. He even told us after the runs that he needs to learn to shift like my brother, lol. But thanks for the props man...always nice to leave someone scratching thier head after they were so sure they had it in the bag.
Now you see what a not so good driver does to cars??? I hope yal can understand about the Gto now
Old 05-06-2012, 11:45 PM
Teching In

You guys comin for my job???
Old 05-07-2012, 01:35 AM
Staging Lane

Received 36 Likes on 31 Posts

Ju1ce, why don't you post as much as you used to?
Old 05-07-2012, 05:47 AM
Teching In

Received 115 Likes on 87 Posts

Well in that case that makes no sense aside from driver error. I figured it made sense before since my car put down around 380/363 with the break in tune I was sent just to get the car to the tuning shop. So had that been the case the outcome would've made sense.
Old 05-07-2012, 06:33 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Ju1ce
You guys comin for my job???
Were interviewing...How are we doing so far? LOL, the spirit of your GTO will live on in my brothers now.
Old 05-07-2012, 11:54 AM
On The Tree

That Mach looks really good from the front.
Old 05-07-2012, 04:32 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Jay z28
That Mach looks really good from the front.
The rears are pretty nice looking too, but we never got to see that part
Old 05-07-2012, 04:55 PM
Teching In

A Mach 1 cant lose to a GTO sorry...

according to SVTP close to stock Mach 1's have the advantage over LS2 GTOs

bolt ons only they run low 12's

With Cams they trap 120 in the 1/4 full weight....
but then lose to bolt on C5 Z06's
Old 05-07-2012, 06:08 PM
TECH Regular

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

A cammed mach1 beat me stock 60-120 roll, just barely by about a car though.
Old 05-07-2012, 07:55 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by NiteRiderWS6
A Mach 1 cant lose to a GTO sorry...

according to SVTP close to stock Mach 1's have the advantage over LS2 GTOs

bolt ons only they run low 12's

With Cams they trap 120 in the 1/4 full weight....
but then lose to bolt on C5 Z06's
Took the words right outta my keyboard.

Quick Reply: intake only 2006 GTO vs eaton swapped Mach 1 **VID**