Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

04 M6 GTO vs Hemi charger

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2012, 08:47 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BM6GTO
Chargers are dogs, plain and simple. Mopar guys are almost as bad as ford band wagoners. I love seeing all the black dudes drive around in the base chargers thinking they are hot ****, makes my day....lol

2006 Dodge Charger SRT-8 5.0. 13.5 (MT Dec.'05)

392's are a different story, if you have one of those i give you props.

cantwaitfortheshitstorm
Thats funny that you quote the slowest time for an SRT8. C/D got 13.1@109 in another issue for the charger SRT8 in 07. Not only that but many have ran 12's bone stock and the record is 12.5 bone stock. And if Chargers are Dogs so are everything they compare to GTO's, 03 Cobras, 5.0's, etc etc. I bet if you ran me it would change your mind about chargers
Old 05-08-2012, 09:04 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Cwarta
Please dont start that. the LS2 GTO vs SRT8 debate was settled long ago. Its a drivers race plain and simple mod for mod.

Just as easily you can go pull video I can to. And lets just say bolt on GTO's haven't been to lucky against me. Especially those LS1's

Full Bolt on LS2 GTO vs Full Exhaust SRT8
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AhuiD2TAqV8

300 SRT: tune, cold air kit 180degree thermostat
LS2 GTO: full exhuast, m/t drag radial, tune, cold air, pulleys
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t9_YKDvviVc

Charger SRT8 Stock vs LS2 GTO Stock
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L-Plt3MdHaM
Old 05-08-2012, 09:07 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Slapattack
BM6GTO, anytime you want me to make your GTO my bitch let me know.
Let me handle the light weight for you lol
Old 05-08-2012, 09:41 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by NiteRiderWS6
Only thing light weight is my car compared to yours.....

I would hope a car with a bigger engine and a cam would make me its bitch, otherwise something would be wrong.
Old 05-08-2012, 09:43 PM
Launching!

IMO, although they are a very close match, I'll usually give the edge to the SRT8 because they are much more consistent (GTO being very hard to launch). Your going to have more guys running better times in the SRT then the GTO. I've seen quit a few stock GTO's all in the 14's at the track lol. The fastest stock srt is 12.5, I think it's 12.6 for the GTO. I have seen down to 11.6-11.7 for a bolt-on GTO (I'm sure weight reduction), not sure on the SRT. I mean, it looks like NiteriderWS6 went 12.4 with intake/catback/tune. That's nothing to laugh at. I haven't gotten a good enough launch to get out of the 12.5 range (same trap) and I have headers and a ported intake.
Old 05-08-2012, 09:49 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by O-FiveCC
IMO, although they are a very close match, I'll usually give the edge to the SRT8 because they are much more consistent (GTO being very hard to launch). Your going to have more guys running better times in the SRT then the GTO. I've seen quit a few stock GTO's all in the 14's at the track lol. The fastest stock srt is 12.5, I think it's 12.6 for the GTO. I have seen down to 11.6-11.7 for a bolt-on GTO (I'm sure weight reduction), not sure on the SRT. I mean, it looks like NiteriderWS6 went 12.4 with intake/catback/tune. That's nothing to laugh at. I haven't gotten a good enough launch to get out of the 12.5 range (same trap) and I have headers and a ported intake.
I sure as hell wouldnt want a 4100 pound car or a 4300+ pounds car where the new one sits, have to make 600 horses to get into 11's....

Funny how easy it is for all these fan boys to get but hurt. They are nice looking cars and have good performance for how heavy they are. Although they make my GTO seem light.
Old 05-08-2012, 10:05 PM
Launching!

I would agree they are heavy. We have heavy car's, but are not nearly as heavy as these. I'm just saying, they do pretty well for a large 4 door car. I'm not sure what the average is, but 12.4 with intake/catback/tune is pretty impressive to me. I know my car could go 12.1-12.2 with a 1.7 60', but I haven't done it yet.
Old 05-08-2012, 10:09 PM
Teching In

I sure as hell wouldnt want a 4100 pound car or a 4300+ pounds car where the new one sits, have to make 600 horses to get into 11's....

Funny how easy it is for all these fan boys to get but hurt. They are nice looking cars and have good performance for how heavy they are. Although they make my GTO seem light.
600hp to run 11's are you crazy? Bolt on Weight reduction only SRT8's are in the 11's lets not talk about the H/C cars....
Old 05-08-2012, 10:11 PM
Teching In

I would agree they are heavy. We have heavy car's, but are not nearly as heavy as these. I'm just saying, they do pretty well for a large 4 door car. I'm not sure what the average is, but 12.4 with intake/catback/tune is pretty impressive to me. I know my car could go 12.1-12.2 with a 1.7 60', but I haven't done it yet.
They are alot quicker then people give them credit for and Im glad your not biased and can admit that. I can run with and beat stock/lightly modded 5.0's, 03 Cobras and LS2 C6's. Its impressive for a 4 door car period.
Old 05-08-2012, 10:12 PM
Teching In

600hp to run 11's are you crazy? Bolt on Weight reduction only SRT8's are in the 11's lets not talk about the H/C cars....
I was exaggerating on 600hp, but with 470 they run mid 12's with a good driver. You get my point. Im not bashing your car, i respect it, but dont think you would walk all over me either.
Old 05-08-2012, 10:14 PM
Teching In

I was exaggerating on 600hp, but with 470 they run mid 12's with a good driver. You get my point. Im not bashing your car, i respect it, but dont think you would walk all over me either.
I never said I would but it would be closer then you think. A new 392 would walk both of us. 114-115 trap speed's are nothing to LOL at
Old 05-08-2012, 10:18 PM
Launching!

I can run with and beat stock/lightly modded 5.0's, 03 Cobras and LS2 C6's. Its impressive for a 4 door car period.
Glad to hear that^^^. I have yet to run a ls2 Vette, but would love to see where I stand. I actually shopped the SRt8's before I bought my GTO. They were just too much money at the time, and I don't need a DD. I just drive occasionally on weekends/after work, so I went as "comfortable", "nice interior" as I could, while still having good performance to take to the track. I was always under the impression, stock for stock, the LS2 GTO was about .2 faster then the SRT, but now I've changed my mind. Seems to be pretty even, with SRT's doing way better then I thought. I thought you guys really didn't have any good tuning available either.
Old 05-08-2012, 10:20 PM
Teching In

I thought you said i was a light weight? Must have read it wrong. 12.49 is nothing i would take lightly, you have a fast car. I guess what pisses me off is all the people driving the 3.5L chargers thinking they are god greatest gift to the car world. Im glad there isnt multiple versions of my car, all are v8's....
Old 05-08-2012, 10:22 PM
Teching In

Glad to hear that^^^. I have yet to run a ls2 Vette, but would love to see where I stand. I actually shopped the SRt8's before I bought my GTO. They were just too much money at the time, and I don't need a DD. I just drive occasionally on weekends/after work, so I went as "comfortable", "nice interior" as I could, while still having good performance to take to the track. I was always under the impression, stock for stock, the LS2 GTO was about .2 faster then the SRT, but now I've changed my mind. Seems to be pretty even, with SRT's doing way better then I thought. I thought you guys really didn't have any good tuning available either.

Well with your mods im pretty sure your about even with me which is enough to beat the same cars. the 6.1 has great tuning its the 6.4 that is still limited. A guy just went 12.0@115 in a bone stock 392 with DR's
Old 05-08-2012, 10:25 PM
Launching!

Yeah, still sucks I'm about even, since I'm more modded lol. **** happen's though. I'm actually happy to hear about the 392 hitting 12.0 at 115 with only a tire. Might shut the Mustang boy's up lol.
Old 05-08-2012, 10:41 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Slapattack, anytime you want me to give you 10 lengths and the hit and make you my bitch let me know.

Don't get butt hurt because he beat the same platform of car you own, who gives a ****? I give you 1 month here before you get flamed so bad you stop posting or you get banned, I could care less which happens.
Old 05-09-2012, 08:35 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by lemons12
Slapattack, anytime you want me to give you 10 lengths and the hit and make you my bitch let me know.

Don't get butt hurt because he beat the same platform of car you own, who gives a ****? I give you 1 month here before you get flamed so bad you stop posting or you get banned, I could care less which happens.
Huh, what do expect when you post some bullshit up. I could care less who wins or loses to tell you the truth. I was just messing around anyways....chill the **** out. Lemons you wouldnt beat me in a heads up race, anytime your ready to line them up let me know.
Old 05-09-2012, 08:57 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 58 Likes on 48 Posts

Hey Niterider, my brothers buddy just bought an 09` Challenger RT (not srt8) auto. He is talking mad **** about it, you know the usuall. Now unless im mistaken, i KNOW i will walk that car, it will most likley look just like THIS video i posted. What are they running in stock auto form?

just for the record, i did not intentionally try and start a **** storm. I think the chargers like you have Niterider, are very sexy! Would i trade my GTO for one? No. SHould i? Absolutley. The one i raced i posted becuase he thought he was a badass, and he got lit up pretty bad. If it would have been another GTO and this happened i would have posted that aswell!
Old 05-09-2012, 09:35 AM
Teching In

Huh, what do expect when you post some bullshit up. I could care less who wins or loses to tell you the truth. I was just messing around anyways....chill the **** out. Lemons you wouldnt beat me in a heads up race, anytime your ready to line them up let me know.
Wow, if anyone needs to chill out its you. Relax, we were having a heated arguments until your fan boy self had to come in calling people bitches. RELAX.
Old 05-09-2012, 10:19 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Cwarta
Hey Niterider, my brothers buddy just bought an 09` Challenger RT (not srt8) auto. He is talking mad **** about it, you know the usuall. Now unless im mistaken, i KNOW i will walk that car, it will most likley look just like THIS video i posted. What are they running in stock auto form?

just for the record, i did not intentionally try and start a **** storm. I think the chargers like you have Niterider, are very sexy! Would i trade my GTO for one? No. SHould i? Absolutley. The one i raced i posted becuase he thought he was a badass, and he got lit up pretty bad. If it would have been another GTO and this happened i would have posted that aswell!
I dont think you would have a problem beating him. If hes talking **** I say go for it. You should walk him easily and he probably doesnt know how drive his vehicle yet if he just bought it. The stock times Ive seen at the track range from 13.3-13.7.

Quick Reply: 04 M6 GTO vs Hemi charger