Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

01 bolt on z28 vs 2012 5.0 & Boss

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2012, 10:20 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jarheadtex
oh wow...WS6/SS only make a "few" more horse power in stock form, I would't say MUCH slower. Once you start modding that is out the window. All of your suspension mods are going to help you more from a dig and not a roll. I promise my little TA puts more power to the street than any bolt-on ws6/ss.
Never said it would I'm not bad mouthing or trying to offend just compared stock cars. My friend had a ta and put a vig racing 3600 stall and 3.73s in and kept up just the same with my ws6. You have a cam I can't see why you can't beat the 5.0 or atleast be close. My suspension helps from a roll depending on how fast I'm going at a roll it is a hardtop it handle way diff than my other ttop and cvert fbodies did it digs a lot harder and takes off
Old 05-15-2012, 11:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

God.....damn.....OP i wish you lived closer. Id give you your prefered roll speed and the jump. I think you would be a little surprised at how unbelievably bad that guy was at driving for you to beat him
Old 05-16-2012, 08:06 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Chevyboy454010
Honestly I've only owned v8s from a small block to fbodies and a vette. I'm far from being a ricer talk what you know ok I hate when ppl talk **** hiding behind a computer. These cars are far from unbeatable considering the fact anyone with the money or credit can buy one but can they actually drive it to its potential.
some can.
Old 05-16-2012, 09:14 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You do realize a ta is much slower than a ws6 and the ss cars I have driven tons of fbodies some are slow as hell, some fast and I'm talking with just basic bolt ons, not all of them are exactly the same I've had both you can see the pics in my profile Fox bodies are a joke I wouldn't even run them when I had my ws6 and all my cars were sticks if you got a ta 3600 stall and 3.73 will give that 5.0 a nice run
Agreed. Everybody knows the extra air you suck into your engine by the WS6 hood is worth about 30hp. The WS6 package is also lighter which results in it getting better traction.... and it gets you more ***** than a regular Trans Am.
Old 05-16-2012, 09:42 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 61 Likes on 50 Posts

You do realize a ta is much slower than a ws6 and the ss cars I have driven tons of fbodies some are slow as hell, some fast and I'm talking with just basic bolt ons, not all of them are exactly the same I've had both you can see the pics in my profile Fox bodies are a joke I wouldn't even run them when I had my ws6 and all my cars were sticks if you got a ta 3600 stall and 3.73 will give that 5.0 a nice run
You don't have a clue. WS6s are not faster than a T/a. What little power the WS6 has over the T/a is taken away by the weight gain when comparing comparable year cars

I have umi lcas,torque arm, reloc brackets,adjustable panhard,eibach pro kit, slp lid, slp mass air, catback, ac was unhooked at the time, stock tune,t56 magnum trans, sintered iron clutch, drag radials and and a couple free mods It is a hardtop it wieghs about 3300 and it's a 01
Wow-thats a fox body killer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!! You have a low 13 second car-WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I wouldn't waste my time running you with my fox body 12 years ago when it had lot less power. A new 5.0 would beat you with a good driver broken in sorry. Lets not mention what a Boss would do to you.

Originally Posted by jarheadtex
oh wow...WS6/SS only make a "few" more horse power in stock form, I would't say MUCH slower. Once you start modding that is out the window. All of your suspension mods are going to help you more from a dig and not a roll. I promise my little TA puts more power to the street than any bolt-on ws6/ss.
T/a was just as fast-Ws6 heavier due to the sway bars,17 inch wheels etc...when comparing same year cars,.
Old 05-16-2012, 10:52 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

the car being a hardtop accounts for a good bit of weight.

2000 a4 all option z28: 3480
2000 a4 b4c: 3380

both cars on the same scale one after the other. both with a full tank of gas and only what came in them from the factory.

biggest problem was my buddy's b4c car trapped 107+ with 135k miles on it, completely stock. i was trapping 105ish with a lid only. only dif was i had 273s....and -100,000 miles hahaha.
Old 05-16-2012, 11:11 AM
TECH Apprentice

Sounds like it gets better with time...lol. pretty dayum close tho...
Old 05-16-2012, 11:35 AM
TECH Fanatic

Lets do the paper math here.

Boss 302 - 3550lbs, 385whp, 3.73s, 4 under drive gears

Hard top F body - 3350lbs, 300whp, 3.42 gears, 3 under drive gears.

This is assuming the boss is factory stock. Mine made 396whp with an air intake.

Come on now...

My friends boss... bone stock... in a 1500 da.... first track visit in this car.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=76srI0Vp32M
Old 05-16-2012, 11:54 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by evangto87
God.....damn.....OP i wish you lived closer. Id give you your prefered roll speed and the jump. I think you would be a little surprised at how unbelievably bad that guy was at driving for you to beat him
Yea I wish to I'm tired of going to the track and seeing mustangs pick on ricers since It seems like I live in rice city the cops hate them lol. I'd enjoy a good run.
Old 05-16-2012, 12:21 PM
Teching In

Lets do the paper math here.

Boss 302 - 3550lbs, 385whp, 3.73s, 4 under drive gears

Hard top F body - 3350lbs, 300whp, 3.42 gears, 3 under drive gears.

This is assuming the boss is factory stock. Mine made 396whp with an air intake.

Come on now...

My friends boss... bone stock... in a 1500 da.... first track visit in this car.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=76srI0Vp32M
ok and theres some stock camaros running 12.5 or 12.6 so its possible with the right driver your car can still be beat. yes they have a hp advantage starting off but they still can be beat by a bolt on fbody and im not talking heads and cam b/c its considered bolt on. my oppinion fords still playing catch up while theyre still picking the cars that whooped theyre *** before the superchargers and after its gonna happen again because idk if youve noticed tons of ppl are swapping ls engines into everything including mustangs. its funny cause theyre even beating some of us with our own engines. i personal think the 5.0 is garbage id take a windsor or cleveland over it or the 5.4
Old 05-16-2012, 12:27 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by s346k
the car being a hardtop accounts for a good bit of weight.

2000 a4 all option z28: 3480
2000 a4 b4c: 3380

both cars on the same scale one after the other. both with a full tank of gas and only what came in them from the factory.

biggest problem was my buddy's b4c car trapped 107+ with 135k miles on it, completely stock. i was trapping 105ish with a lid only. only dif was i had 273s....and -100,000 miles hahaha.
very true this is my first hardtop care and it seems a little faster and hooks harder than my convertable or ttop car ever did with the suspension mods it changed a lot. less spinning and all go. all my convertable did was spin all the way to 100 almost no matter how i got on it it would break again at 130ish. the ttops and hardtop i like alot better more drag race friendly
Old 05-16-2012, 12:35 PM
Banned

ok and theres some stock camaros running 12.5 or 12.6 so its possible with the right driver your car can still be beat. yes they have a hp advantage starting off but they still can be beat by a bolt on fbody and im not talking heads and cam b/c its considered bolt on. my oppinion fords still playing catch up while theyre still picking the cars that whooped theyre *** before the superchargers and after its gonna happen again because idk if youve noticed tons of ppl are swapping ls engines into everything including mustangs. its funny cause theyre even beating some of us with our own engines. i personal think the 5.0 is garbage id take a windsor or cleveland over it or the 5.4

What ever you're smoking on, pass that ****!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MsuD44mjneo
Old 05-16-2012, 12:35 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Mike Morris
You don't have a clue. WS6s are not faster than a T/a. What little power the WS6 has over the T/a is taken away by the weight gain when comparing comparable year cars

Wow-thats a fox body killer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!! You have a low 13 second car-WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I wouldn't waste my time running you with my fox body 12 years ago when it had lot less power. A new 5.0 would beat you with a good driver broken in sorry. Lets not mention what a Boss would do to you.

T/a was just as fast-Ws6 heavier due to the sway bars,17 inch wheels etc...when comparing same year cars,.
eh to each its own you havent seen my car run if i had a pssenger i wouldve had a vid which is better proof. the only thing thats given me a actually run here was a turbo 300zx when we raced i had a passenger and so did he i started walking him once i got in 4th. yes some of the tas are slower i have raced many with my ws6 stock for stock maybe not so much faster, but theres a diff some of these cars have a lot of miles and are tired as hell if not properly maintained. i also dont see how a sway bar and an extra inch of aluminum can make them that much slower
Old 05-16-2012, 12:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by F-Body_4_Life

What ever you're smoking on, pass that ****!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MsuD44mjneo
^agreed. Is this guy for real?

OP.... me vs you from a 50 roll... what do you think would happen? We have the same mods but i have a stock clutch and trans.
Old 05-16-2012, 12:38 PM
Teching In

Agreed. Everybody knows the extra air you suck into your engine by the WS6 hood is worth about 30hp. The WS6 package is also lighter which results in it getting better traction.... and it gets you more ***** than a regular Trans Am.
exactly a man from new orleans knows thats where im from got out the marines and moved here. the guys with the nnhra trans ams and special editions idk if you know them one of them they call boddie i dont think i spelled it right and i cnat remember his brothers names
Old 05-16-2012, 12:39 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ws6 and a regular TA will be a driver race period. Yeah the ws6 has the advantage mostly I would say is because of the hood It not having the Steel hood like a regular TA but If the TA gets the hit or the jump it's not like the ws6 is going to run it down..
Old 05-16-2012, 12:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

exactly a man from new orleans knows thats where im from got out the marines and moved here. the guys with the nnhra trans ams and special editions idk if you know them one of them they call boddie i dont think i spelled it right and i cnat remember his brothers names
Your'e aware he was being sarcastic right?
Old 05-16-2012, 12:47 PM
Banned

How do you know where I'm from?
Old 05-16-2012, 12:48 PM
Teching In

^agreed. Is this guy for real?

OP.... me vs you from a 50 roll... what do you think would happen? We have the same mods but i have a stock clutch and trans.
i promise you wouldnt leave me and only one way to know and thats to race we can compare number etc all day but it all matters where the rubber meets the pavement. i havent seen you drive and you havent seen me drive or what my car can do so theres only one way to find out maybe you should come help these stang owners out. so they can stop picking on ricers. they wont even run a ford lighting come on. you know it deosnt take much to beat these cars a few bolt on heads and cam is over kill it deosnt even have to be a huge cam. my cars lighter than yours i dont have a lot of engine work but the trans is geared pretty nicely its not gonna be like racing a normal stock bolt on why dont you look this trans up and the other mods i have and see how much they help i dont burn out coming from a dig or roll even with stock tires
Old 05-16-2012, 12:49 PM
Teching In

How do you know where I'm from?
the big easy next to location under your profile pic i just assumed thats where you were from.