Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Mustang 4.6... its what's for dinner

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2004, 11:30 PM
STF veteran / 10 second club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ouch ... I was under the impression the postal service pays pretty good??

I sent a book out to someone on half.com the other day, and like 3 weeks after he bitched that he never got it, I got a letter from the post office. Included was the front address portion of the package, torn to shreds with an attached letter telling me that "this was found detached from your package. If you would like us to conduct a detailed investigation into this matter, please enclose xxxx dollars and mail the addressed envelope to blablabla address. We will attempt to have the matter solved as quickly as possible."

I was like, you lost my mail ... which was in YOUR packaging ... then you tell me if I want you to find it, to pay you MORE money .... and MAIL you a letter with a description of the item etc etc etc.
It's ridiculous ... just the same how UPS charges YOU extra money, so THEY won't lose your package. WTF is going on here. ???
Old 04-04-2004, 01:20 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by z98
Nice new shiny red mustang (looked new anyway, could have just been VERY well kept) weaving in and out of traffic on the highway. So I decide to show this foo' what's up. I see the 4.6L/GT badge on the side and go to the left lane to catch him. He sees me and hits it, and I pull away like its a civic Si. We slow down for traffic, and when it gets clear we go again, right past a huge chevy crew cab truck with a trailer and a big reflective bowtie on the back. The stang was a good 5-6 car lengths back when we pass the truck WOT.

I'm sure I made the bowtie guy proud

And the best part was the mustang guy (complete with goofy blue bandanna on his head) had a girl in the passenger seat. Hopefully he was showing off for his girlfriend.

I actually enjoy it more when a person is a bitch afterwards. I'd much rather get a thumbs up but knowing he wants to cry after losing so bad is its own satisfaction

Is it wrong that I love ruining someone's day this much? He looked SO pissed after the first run
Congratulations, you just beat a 96-98 GT...........they run 15's stock.
Old 04-04-2004, 03:16 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by WhiteTXMach
i know, simply stunning they are that fast, and you must be like you are in warp speed while running bottom 13's in the stock mach 1

my point is that we already know these things, so it is nothing new. He is just posting the kill cause his car finally got some action.......
Old 04-04-2004, 06:14 AM
!LS1 11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yeah, that's why the "it's what for dinner" caption was added, 'cause we know it's slow...
Hey WhiteTXMach, my car is gettin' hungry, maybe I'll feed it a Mach...
Old 04-04-2004, 11:20 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by SouthFL.02.SS
Yeah, that's why the "it's what for dinner" caption was added, 'cause we know it's slow...
Hey WhiteTXMach, my car is gettin' hungry, maybe I'll feed it a Mach...
Only after I have had a few LS1's for lunch.
Old 04-04-2004, 01:42 PM
TECH Regular

TXMACH, what part of TX are you from? If you're somewhat close perhaps we could meet up for a good run, NA of coarse....
Old 04-04-2004, 01:54 PM
TECH Senior Member

get this on vid you ***** and it seems half the machs in america are in texas!! or they are the only ones not scared to post
Old 04-04-2004, 04:12 PM
STF veteran / 10 second club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BigBronco
get this on vid you ***** and it seems half the machs in america are in texas!! or they are the only ones not scared to post
It only makes sense, considering 1/2 the people who post on this board are from texas ....
Obviously there is just nothing better to do down there.
Old 04-04-2004, 04:17 PM
Teching In

pulled like it was a honda civic...lmao
Old 04-04-2004, 05:27 PM
!LS1 11 Second Club

Originally Posted by black_mach
pulled like it was a honda civic...lmao
You mean that's not normal?
Old 04-04-2004, 06:24 PM
STF Veteran

Originally Posted by SouthFL.02.SS
You mean that's not normal?
No that's not normal. Civics usually put up a better fight.
Old 04-04-2004, 07:08 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by 99-LS1-SS

Nice one brandon

had to throw that up. Got me to laugh. Represent that STF
Old 04-04-2004, 07:13 PM
!LS1 11 Second Club

Old 04-04-2004, 08:08 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Joe347R6
TXMACH, what part of TX are you from? If you're somewhat close perhaps we could meet up for a good run, NA of coarse....
Sure, I am in Austin, motor to motor sounds fair. You can spray me if you like though, run what ya brung right? I should be trapping around 110-111 on motor. How bout you?
Old 04-05-2004, 10:51 PM
TECH Regular

Its too bad you are so far away.

I'm currently making 301 NA but should have my VT cams installed next week and hoping to pick up around 10. My car should go at worst a 12.9 with 301 and low 12s on the gas, so I hope by being so confident that you too have a poweradder. Fun Ford in Houston would be a good excuse for you to come down.....
Old 04-06-2004, 08:30 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Joe347R6
Its too bad you are so far away.

I'm currently making 301 NA but should have my VT cams installed next week and hoping to pick up around 10. My car should go at worst a 12.9 with 301 and low 12s on the gas, so I hope by being so confident that you too have a poweradder. Fun Ford in Houston would be a good excuse for you to come down.....
How was I being SO confident? I said we could run, motor to motor would be fun, but you could spray if you wanted, since you do have it. I am not scared to get beat, everyone does eventually. Just saying what I trapped on the motor, and no, I dont have a power adder. Switching cams for 10 hp seems like a huge waste of money, unless you are getting them for REALLY cheap, plus labor unless you can do that yourself. I may/may not be in FFW Houston, will be at Ennis for sure though. You never answered my question, what do you trap on motor?
Old 04-06-2004, 12:31 PM
STF Veteran

Oh, to live in Texas. You guys have all of the luck.
Old 04-06-2004, 12:43 PM
TECH Regular

How was I being SO confident? I said we could run, motor to motor would be fun, but you could spray if you wanted, since you do have it. I am not scared to get beat, everyone does eventually. Just saying what I trapped on the motor, and no, I dont have a power adder. Switching cams for 10 hp seems like a huge waste of money, unless you are getting them for REALLY cheap, plus labor unless you can do that yourself. I may/may not be in FFW Houston, will be at Ennis for sure though. You never answered my question, what do you trap on motor?

I didn't mean to be a *****, I just took it as I could spray you because you could hang. I was told I would gain 15rwhp on the new cams but its almost always less than advertised to I'd be happy with 10, and I can't say $599 was exactly cheap. My 1/4 mile times are only estimated, I haven't been to the track but will be going after the cam and direct port nitrous install. I'm hoping for mid 11s with a 150+ shot as the car sits.
Old 04-06-2004, 01:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

yessssssir....nice one
Old 04-06-2004, 01:42 PM
STF Veteran

Originally Posted by xphantomws6x
Ouch ... I was under the impression the postal service pays pretty good??

I sent a book out to someone on half.com the other day, and like 3 weeks after he bitched that he never got it, I got a letter from the post office. Included was the front address portion of the package, torn to shreds with an attached letter telling me that "this was found detached from your package. If you would like us to conduct a detailed investigation into this matter, please enclose xxxx dollars and mail the addressed envelope to blablabla address. We will attempt to have the matter solved as quickly as possible."

I was like, you lost my mail ... which was in YOUR packaging ... then you tell me if I want you to find it, to pay you MORE money .... and MAIL you a letter with a description of the item etc etc etc.
It's ridiculous ... just the same how UPS charges YOU extra money, so THEY won't lose your package. WTF is going on here. ???
Just saw this today. School/ work/ family has been taking up all my internet time lately. Yeah, the P.O. does pay pretty well, but I only work part time for the most part. Just saturdays. I'm the regular's relief. He gets the full weekend, and I cover the Saturdays. Or unless he's sick, or on vacation, or can't work for some other reason.

I was trying to keep the VA workstudy job and school full time and work with the P.O. part time, but then that got real old real fast. I had NO time to do anything, even homework. So now the money is taking a bit of a pinch.

On another note, at least we race here in Texas. You just sit up in NY and surf the damn NET!

P.S. Sorry about the PO up in NY ******* up your mail. BELIEVE ME. Someone got their *** chewed for it. Not gonna tell you how I know, but I DO know.