Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

GTO vs Cobra and M3

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2012, 08:04 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good kill on the cobra, however on the M3 I still can't believe my eyes lol..its DSG that means all the guy gotta do is just paddle shift it..and I'm pretty sure if memory serves those new M3s trapped anywhere between 112-115..must have been the stoutest intake GTO you have there bud..FWIW I've seen multiple I/E GTO making 350 on wheels. You must have make at least 370 to dust him like that
Old 05-24-2012, 08:09 AM
Staging Lane

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

I just found out the M3 is a manual. Not sure on driver, probably not the best. But I have full bolt ons, LT's, ported intake, vararam, UDP, 1 pc ds, clutch, minor weight reduction. I would like to see 400whp.
Old 05-24-2012, 10:47 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Now it makes more sense if it is manual and with full bolt ons. Good kill regardless, your car runs strong man with comfort and luxury of european cars, can't beat that.
Old 05-24-2012, 11:10 AM
TECH Fanatic

Im gonna get flamed for this big time but..... I have my own rule of thumb. When racing a roots blower cobra... subtract 100whp from its dyno number... and thats what its really going to run like in the NA world. I have yet to see my theory be incorrect. Friends 625whp cobra racing my buddies 520whp 403 SS. Both cars with similar gearing, cobra raceweight was 100lbs heavier. Cobra also had the faster shifter. The SS got the win by half a car on the top end. Had they been equal drivers... the SS would have cleared a solid car easy.
Old 05-24-2012, 12:54 PM

Kills were legit, one of my buddies linked me here and the car (GTO) is as OP says. I drive the M3 and as stated its manual, most make anywhere from 320-360 wheel depending on the dyno in stock form. Cobra dude couldn't shift, was a big dude, and his girlfriend wasn't exactly small either. Just from talking with the guy he also didn't sound like he had a clue what he was talking about regarding his car. Good kills dude.
Old 05-24-2012, 02:27 PM
Staging Lane

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by evangto87
Im gonna get flamed for this big time but..... I have my own rule of thumb. When racing a roots blower cobra... subtract 100whp from its dyno number... and thats what its really going to run like in the NA world. I have yet to see my theory be incorrect. Friends 625whp cobra racing my buddies 520whp 403 SS. Both cars with similar gearing, cobra raceweight was 100lbs heavier. Cobra also had the faster shifter. The SS got the win by half a car on the top end. Had they been equal drivers... the SS would have cleared a solid car easy.
Thats right on the money man. It gets even worse when they heatsoak, like I said he had like 10 40-130 pulls right in a row and it was 90*+ out and he was on a stock heat exchanger.

Im looking for a 392 car and a 5.0 to race, hell even a stock boss would be fun. If I find one and race it, you bet I'll post up win or not.

Bence, let me know if you run again man, I know you said you wanted to and we never got a chance to do it again.
Old 05-25-2012, 12:37 AM

Haha I'm down, I should have found you before I hit the sauce Saturday. I have no clue if the result will be any different, just wanted to see the difference with the rear exhaust section on/off and if that was just in my imagination. I'll make it down south one of these weekends and we can run them again.

Quick Reply: GTO vs Cobra and M3