Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Heard it was open season for v8s??????

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2012, 11:13 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 2SSARME
But this guy is in like what... bolt on mach league?
Old 05-24-2012, 11:18 AM
TECH Fanatic

Now this is just bullshit. How did you go from running 6s last week to running 3.99?
I work around nuclear reactors... i just took some of my work home with me
Old 05-24-2012, 11:26 AM
TECH Enthusiast

IIRC the evo is above mach1s league, but I let solow come up with the power number
Old 05-24-2012, 11:44 AM
On The Tree

But this guy is in like what... bolt on mach league?
NO WHEY!! Nothing can take stock Mach 1's with a good driver, let alone a bolt-on Mach! Ahahahahaha
Old 05-24-2012, 11:59 AM
Staging Lane

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Jay z28
NO WHEY!! Nothing can take stock Mach 1's with a good driver, let alone a bolt-on Mach! Ahahahahaha
bolt on machs decimate bolt on srt8s bro. It's obvious. Srt8 can't keep up with a mach mod for mod. Everyone knows that.
!
Old 05-24-2012, 12:02 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by raysadude
^ And the track was really shitty too, so on a good prepped track the car could do much better IMO.

What's up solo? It's Rey.
Whats up Rey!! Thanks man

Originally Posted by HioSSilver
Good job at utilizing your car's strong point......zero.
It was my advantage for sure, but from a roll it would be their advantage right?? I thought you guys loved to do dig races, Anything can happen from a dig.

Originally Posted by V8EATR
Full bolt ons/e85/cams/stock turbo right?

Nice runs, its awfully hard to beat a well driven evo on the street from a dig.
Not full bolt ons, still have the stock Exhaust mani and intake mani, throttle body.
Was that the same yellow c6 that francis beat in his 335?
I am not sure because I never saw that guy. This one was a Z06(old driver), I think francis just ran a yellow c6.

Originally Posted by ohioborn80
Good.kills..I do think running them from a dig only killed them. Specially the Z06's. And then really low rolls where they sar going to spin. I have raced a built engine, bolt on E85, stock Turbo evo and drug it. I have no fought the cars you raved would do the same.
Yeah Z06's have crazy top end so in this race it was at my advantage. The Yellow Z06 never caught up and we went till 155mph.

Originally Posted by V8EATR
only race I have an "issue" with is that bike. Bike should trap 140? My buddy raced a stock 1000cc from a dig and by 80 his doors were blown straight off (evo 8/cams/35r/bolt ons/car trapped over 120 and has a helluva driver)
Its a bandit, pretty heavy bike. I think he ran a 11.1 at the same track I ran.

Originally Posted by NOLAG05
good kills... i wonder about the race with 1200cc bike also. My buddy has as Evo X built by AMS making dayum near 700whp and got stroked by a modded ZX12rr. What all do you have done and who tuned it? Nice runnin Evo!
Yeah if I ran a sports bike, it would be a different story, he is the one that called me out and since its just for fun, we went ahead and recorded it.. I have just bolt ons with cams and e85. Kevin from Evolution Dynamics tuned it.

Originally Posted by Beans
That's a Bandit, it's a heavy, slow cruising bike.

With mods they trap like 120-122. They only make 100BHP out of 1200cc, nothing like a sport bike that with a few bolt ons can make 200+BHP from 1000cc.

It's a turd with a bad rider on it.
+1

Originally Posted by WSsick
Just a few things,

-clean your gopro
-a gopro isn't a normal camcorder (pet peeve when people use them as such)
-"H" doesn't mean headers for our crowd, it's heads. Just FYI in case it comes up.

Why did you shut off the video off vs the TT Camaro just as he was coming around to freighttrain you?
Ohh okay thanks for that info. That gopro was my friends, I just recorded the race and also irritates me when the lens is dirty.

I stopped at 120 mph with him, If I kept in it, he would have pulled me very hard. We were door to door at 120 and he kept going.
Old 05-24-2012, 12:07 PM
TECH Apprentice

oh lawd... here we go again...lol. now you need to go race an SRT8 and a Mach I before they get on ya...lol
Old 05-24-2012, 12:11 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I did like how you cut the vid off just when the el turbo mar0 was about to pull buses on him. So much for V8 hunting there, huh? LOL

You got some good kills in there, though.

bolt on machs decimate bolt on srt8s bro. It's obvious. Srt8 can't keep up with a mach mod for mod. Everyone knows that.
!
Oh god. You're gonna bring both of them in here, you keep that up. LOL
Old 05-24-2012, 12:14 PM
TECH Enthusiast

i didn't see any mach1 in any of the races in the video so let's not turn this into mach1 vs the world type of thread
Old 05-24-2012, 12:17 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by willizm
got to it before me. I was pretty close at buying a evo ix in vegas. Those are by far my favorite evo's. I liked the video and was entertained. I didn't realize that stock turbo e85 evo's could be that nasty even from a roll. He didn't beat all of them and you can tell that TT camaro was walking him hard. What do I know though I'm not baller enough and only have a single
Thanks, I almost bought a c5 z06 before the evo, love the long gearing on the vettes. Yeah that TT camaro was gonna demolish me after 100mph. I was having issues with changing gears that night and can usually shift much faster and hold the pace much more. but at the end I would have still got to see tail lights.

lol at open season on v8s...

so you have a ******* bolt on evo and you think you're fast?

gtfo.
Lol now this is what I was expecting the whole time. How can you guys let an import in and let it beat v8s, BLASPHEMY!!!!

I am obviously not fast, someone just forgot to read the first thing I mentioned in my post. Its hard to watch a video when your butt is hurting throughout the whole thing.

2SSRME: you used to live in edmond and raced ryan's nitrous civic and got beat right?
Solow's evo is fast for what has done to it. Give credit where it's due man lol.
Thanks Rey, I cannot ask/expect for credit on this forum bro. That's like me coming into your house and ordering you around... That just doesn't happen. I just wanted to see what kind of response I get from here. Maybe Ryan's nitrous-ed civic scarred him at liking anything that doesnt have 8 cylinders

Yeah when I was completely stock. Car use to be slow as ****. I still have that vid on facebook somewhere lol. I use to run like 13.5, 13.6 in this car trapping at 101 102 at thunder valley. Had 2 glory runs of like 13.0 or 13.2 at 104.

Not ******* on the car for what it is. Just think it's funny that a bolt on evo makes a thread like this. I can understand if the thing is nasty making 600awhp or something and decimating cars. But this guy is in like what... bolt on mach league?
This guy is in like what... bolt on c5 zo6/ cz6 league. Obviously you didn't watch the video to see what kind of league I am in

Originally Posted by karpetcm
Evo is pretty fast for what its got, i gotta give the C6Z06 guy credit i knew that was going to be bad before it even started, lol. I agree with the above comments that camaro would've probably sounded nice blowing by you and should've not edited it out or continued recording it. Couple of other races hard to tell what happened but either way its a fast evo.
He was an older guy that doesn't come out often. I asked him if he wanted to run, he said yes (super chill guy). His car is completely stock and he said he wants a rematch after he gets some better rear tires and I am entitled to give that to him.
Old 05-24-2012, 12:28 PM
Captain Double Post

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I wouldnt even consider that race with the gtr a kill or anything, i think he gave ya a few cars,
Old 05-24-2012, 12:31 PM
Captain Double Post

Should have got the z06 lol, this threads are getting crazy,few days ago bolt on srt neons trap 120 lol
Old 05-24-2012, 12:37 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by BOBS99SS
I wouldnt even consider that race with the gtr a kill or anything, i think he gave ya a few cars,
He is the one that hoked it off and only caught up after I let off... The guy is my friend and told me that there is no way he can launch like that on the street with the launch control set that low. I am launching at 5700rpm, he was at 3 grand.

Originally Posted by BOBS99SS
Should have got the z06 lol, this threads are getting crazy,few days ago bolt on srt neons trap 120 lol
If I got the z0, I would prolly be in the video getting drug by that black evo lol..

Yeah Srt neons are cool, just sucks about FWD, I came from a fully bolted on + nitrous RSX-S, it spun till like 90mph so I am done with that FWD thing for now. However, my daily is a fwd and it gets me out of the snow pretty well
Old 05-24-2012, 12:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

i think whats butt hurting people the most on the site is that its a STOCK turbo. But what most dont know is how strong a stock evo 9 turbo can actually be. Especially cammed on e85. Buddy of mine had an evo 8 for a daily at one point (to him it was his beater car). 285 cams, evo 9 turbo, bolt ons. Only tracked it once and went 12.0 at 115 in a higher DA. This was all done on 93 octane and no meth. Add some HPs for e85.
Old 05-24-2012, 01:02 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by evangto87
i think whats butt hurting people the most on the site is that its a STOCK turbo. But what most dont know is how strong a stock evo 9 turbo can actually be. Especially cammed on e85. Buddy of mine had an evo 8 for a daily at one point (to him it was his beater car). 285 cams, evo 9 turbo, bolt ons. Only tracked it once and went 12.0 at 115 in a higher DA. This was all done on 93 octane and no meth. Add some HPs for e85.
Yes that is what usually gets the crowd pumped up. There are a couple of guys running low 10's on a stock turbo and 1 person is trying to break into 9's with the turbo (I think his personal best is 10.08 or something like that). That is a really good ETA/trap for 93 and no meth. When I got tuned on e85, I gained about 55whp and like 60lbs torque (on a mustang dyno which shows 15% less than a dynojet)
Old 05-24-2012, 01:07 PM
Teching In

Yeah when I was completely stock. Car use to be slow as ****. I still have that vid on facebook somewhere lol. I use to run like 13.5, 13.6 in this car trapping at 101 102 at thunder valley. Had 2 glory runs of like 13.0 or 13.2 at 104.

Not ******* on the car for what it is. Just think it's funny that a bolt on evo makes a thread like this. I can understand if the thing is nasty making 600awhp or something and decimating cars. But this guy is in like what... bolt on mach league?
Old 05-24-2012, 01:08 PM
Staging Lane

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by evangto87
I'm not butt hurt. I rape 600awhp evos.
I'll leave this in here
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=quJGXsNWk-c

/thread jack and done being an *******. Solow1 I was just jesting on you.

Back to pissing off mach1 guys. Mach1s are ******* slow.
Old 05-24-2012, 01:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Solow1
Yes that is what usually gets the crowd pumped up. There are a couple of guys running low 10's on a stock turbo and 1 person is trying to break into 9's with the turbo (I think his personal best is 10.08 or something like that). That is a really good ETA/trap for 93 and no meth. When I got tuned on e85, I gained about 55whp and like 60lbs torque (on a mustang dyno which shows 15% less than a dynojet)
i wouldnt go by that 15% less then a dynojet thing. Its a load of poo. Its all in the owners dyno calibration that has the effect of lower simulated numbers. The highest ive seen local cars dyno... is a dyno jet. The lowest ive seen local cars dyno...is a dyno jet. We have mustang dynos, land and sea dynos, dyna pack dynos etc etc. The only way to get a good idea of a cars power pick up is just to keep using the same dyno everytime and hope the owner of it actually keeps it calibrated. But regardless. You increase on E85 sounds accurate
Old 05-24-2012, 01:14 PM
Captain Double Post

I just find it funny that i hear about all these 11 second neons and such but whenever i go to the track no one comes close to mid to high 11s,and nowhere near 120 traps,
Old 05-24-2012, 01:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

I'm not butt hurt. I rape 600awhp evos.
I'll leave this in here
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=quJGXsNWk-c

/thread jack and done being an *******. Solow1 I was just jesting on you.

Back to pissing off mach1 guys. Mach1s are ******* slow.
Wasnt referring to you. Just in general. And while i hate to be an EVO defender. I know how strong those cars can be. The one in that video you posted really just needs a transmission swap. Seen some pretty scary ones when they hold boost and shift like autos. Picture the one in the video pulling the entire race like it did once it was making full boost.

Quick Reply: Heard it was open season for v8s??????