Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Heard it was open season for v8s??????

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2012, 01:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BOBS99SS
I just find it funny that i hear about all these 11 second neons and such but whenever i go to the track no one comes close to mid to high 11s,and nowhere near 120 traps,
for every fast car, theres 10-20 slow ones of the EXACT same thing.
Old 05-24-2012, 01:16 PM
Staging Lane

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by evangto87
Wasnt referring to you. Just in general. And while i hate to be an EVO defender. I know how strong those cars can be. The one in that video you posted really just needs a transmission swap. Seen some pretty scary ones when they hold boost and shift like autos. Picture the one in the video pulling the entire race like it did once it was making full boost.
Oh I know. The one in the vid is a beast but he actually blew his transmission on the second run after that vid.

I'm now aiming at a red one here which is the fastest evo in the country. Runs 10.6 here which would probably be in the low 10s in the US.

(I also have a shitty transmission lol so it's fair)
Old 05-24-2012, 01:46 PM
On The Tree

[QUOTE=WSsick;16347443]Just a few things,

-clean your gopro
-a gopro isn't a normal camcorder (pet peeve when people use them as such)
-"H" doesn't mean headers for our crowd, it's heads. Just FYI in case it comes up.

Why did you shut off the video off vs the TT Camaro just as he was coming around to freighttrain you?[/QUOTE

Same here why did u. Nice to see Oklahoma guys on here though.
Old 05-24-2012, 02:15 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 2SSARME
I'm not butt hurt. I rape 600awhp evos.
I'll leave this in here
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=quJGXsNWk-c

/thread jack and done being an *******. Solow1 I was just jesting on you.

Back to pissing off mach1 guys. Mach1s are ******* slow.
Haha, Nice kill! where was that at? There is a 885awhp evo in town that loves to race, another mid 9sec evo on slicks in town also. In the video, I am not surprised he blew his tranny, that thing didnt look like it wanted to shift.

i wouldnt go by that 15% less then a dynojet thing. Its a load of poo. Its all in the owners dyno calibration that has the effect of lower simulated numbers. The highest ive seen local cars dyno... is a dyno jet. The lowest ive seen local cars dyno...is a dyno jet. We have mustang dynos, land and sea dynos, dyna pack dynos etc etc. The only way to get a good idea of a cars power pick up is just to keep using the same dyno everytime and hope the owner of it actually keeps it calibrated. But regardless. You increase on E85 sounds accurate
When i have done logs of my car, it shows about 14% more than what I actually dynoed. Also, with all wheel drive, the drivetrain loss is stupid.

Wasnt referring to you. Just in general. And while i hate to be an EVO defender. I know how strong those cars can be. The one in that video you posted really just needs a transmission swap. Seen some pretty scary ones when they hold boost and shift like autos. Picture the one in the video pulling the entire race like it did once it was making full boost.
+1
for every fast car, theres 10-20 slow ones of the EXACT same thing.
lol that is true, only because the driver sucks at doing whats supposed to be done.
Oh I know. The one in the vid is a beast but he actually blew his transmission on the second run after that vid.

I'm now aiming at a red one here which is the fastest evo in the country. Runs 10.6 here which would probably be in the low 10s in the US.

(I also have a shitty transmission lol so it's fair)
Nice! Fastest evo in the country only running mid 10's? where are you at?

Originally Posted by WSsick
Just a few things,

-clean your gopro
-a gopro isn't a normal camcorder (pet peeve when people use them as such)
-"H" doesn't mean headers for our crowd, it's heads. Just FYI in case it comes up.

Why did you shut off the video off vs the TT Camaro just as he was coming around to freighttrain you?[/QUOTE

Same here why did u. Nice to see Oklahoma guys on here though.
Thanks!! I dont really like to go into 5th gear on stock bottom end so I only raced him till 120.
Old 05-24-2012, 03:58 PM
Staging Lane

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Solow1

Nice! Fastest evo in the country only running mid 10's? where are you at?
Panama. But 10s on a gravel track with no prep. RWD cars have no chance. Last time on cam only setup (430rwhp) I was only able to get a 13.0@118 (lol). Literally no traction. Track shut down though so I don't know what my current setup runs.

Tonight we are going to have drag on the street but like I said streets here and horrible. So I'm expecting to run like 12s@128mph to be honest. Slicks aren't here yet so won't know true car potential until it gets here.

That evo like I said ran it on a gravel track. It's easily a 9 second car in the US. Maybe a 9.9 run or so. Very very badass evo. Also the quickest 1/4 mile record in the country is a 9.97 run by a 640awhp subaru. After that is a 9.98 run by a N/A drag vette thats pushing like 900rwhp or something on a big shot. Really crappy country for drag and majority of people don't have over 250rwhp/fwhp/awhp lol. I hit 550rwhp on 5psi and people were like OMG DUDE THATS CRAZY. When I threw the 632 they were so shocked I thought they'd jizz themselves.

And once again I was just joking with you. Nice car you have. I have a secret love for evos. Always wanted one. The only car on here that I will religiously say that is slow and a piece of **** is the mach1.
Old 05-24-2012, 04:48 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by V8EATR
Full bolt ons/e85/cams/stock turbo right?

Nice runs, its awfully hard to beat a well driven evo on the street from a dig.
I don't have problems with these all wheel drive cars.. I beat plenty of them on the streets!!

To the OP: You ever feel like V8 hunting in New Orleans send me a PM.. Nice video's btw..
Old 05-24-2012, 06:07 PM
10 Second Club

Thanks!! I dont really like to go into 5th gear on stock bottom end so I only raced him till 120.
Bullshit, you know you're going to get reeled in up top.

A stock turbo isn't going to hurt a stock bottom end. I know plenty of guys making way more power than you on stock DSM bottom ends, which aren't as good as the Evo stuff.

One in particular had over 600 passes at 550+whp, then he cranked it to 40psi and put it in the 9s. Eventually the block cracked, but after 20 years, a ton of miles on the street and several hundred track passes with a big T4 turbo the rotating assembly was still just fine.

Your forty-something pound turbo isn't going to stress a stock rotating assembly, especially with the knock resistance of E85.
Old 05-24-2012, 06:40 PM
On The Tree

He is the one that hoked it off and only caught up after I let off... The guy is my friend and told me that there is no way he can launch like that on the street with the launch control set that low. I am launching at 5700rpm, he was at 3 grand.
Sounds like he is either babying his trans or doesn't know how to drive or his tuner fucked him by not setting up his launch control. The latest launch control for the GT-R launches at 3750rpms and launches a lot harder than that. Also I like how you cut off just before you are about to get destroyed.
Old 05-24-2012, 06:53 PM
Teching In

Not sure which video everyone is watching, but the Evo took the hit. GTR babied it off the line caught and passed Evo before the 1/4 mile. So in reality that was impressive that the GTR let him go and passed him like that.
Old 05-24-2012, 07:44 PM
Staging Lane

Good runs! Your Evo runs hard. I love how it gets the V8 and GT-R guys in here's panties in a wad. lol
Old 05-24-2012, 07:57 PM
Teching In

Wow, i had to turn that **** off. I dont even know where to begin. The GTR, the Z06, the TT Camaro. GTFO
Old 05-24-2012, 08:24 PM
Staging Lane

Good kills,But damn what the hell the is so hard to launch a manual car on the street? either feather the clutch or bring the car almost to a stall and then give it full throttle..non driving dumbasses just blow the tires off from dumping the clutch..lol
Old 05-24-2012, 08:56 PM
Teching In

Not going to read this whole thread, but my stock GTO beat full bolt on EVO's that made "400whp" and my Regal also put the hurt on them as well.

Stop paying people in GTR's to lose to you on camera
Old 05-24-2012, 09:27 PM
Staging Lane

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

^ you must be racing some slow evo's ju1ce. People call bs on my mods all the time and I can't find one of those little bastards to beat!
Old 05-24-2012, 09:30 PM
Teching In

^ you must be racing some slow evo's ju1ce
You took the words right outta my mouth
Old 05-24-2012, 11:54 PM
Teching In

Panama. But 10s on a gravel track with no prep. RWD cars have no chance. Last time on cam only setup (430rwhp) I was only able to get a 13.0@118 (lol). Literally no traction. Track shut down though so I don't know what my current setup runs.

Tonight we are going to have drag on the street but like I said streets here and horrible. So I'm expecting to run like 12s@128mph to be honest. Slicks aren't here yet so won't know true car potential until it gets here.

That evo like I said ran it on a gravel track. It's easily a 9 second car in the US. Maybe a 9.9 run or so. Very very badass evo. Also the quickest 1/4 mile record in the country is a 9.97 run by a 640awhp subaru. After that is a 9.98 run by a N/A drag vette thats pushing like 900rwhp or something on a big shot. Really crappy country for drag and majority of people don't have over 250rwhp/fwhp/awhp lol. I hit 550rwhp on 5psi and people were like OMG DUDE THATS CRAZY. When I threw the 632 they were so shocked I thought they'd jizz themselves.

And once again I was just joking with you. Nice car you have. I have a secret love for evos. Always wanted one. The only car on here that I will religiously say that is slow and a piece of **** is the mach1.
Haha, that is awesome. 632whp is a great number to be street driven and also be able to put some hurting on most the cars. And I know, most of the people that actually know how the street racing world is, are usually open minded. Alot of the muscle car drivers are usually closed minded because they live with the quote "Aint no replacement for displacement" lol

Originally Posted by odarabla
I don't have problems with these all wheel drive cars.. I beat plenty of them on the streets!!

To the OP: You ever feel like V8 hunting in New Orleans send me a PM.. Nice video's btw..
Thanks, and I have never been to New Orleans but if I ever show up there with the evo, ill let ya know

Originally Posted by Beans
Bullshit, you know you're going to get reeled in up top.

A stock turbo isn't going to hurt a stock bottom end. I know plenty of guys making way more power than you on stock DSM bottom ends, which aren't as good as the Evo stuff.

One in particular had over 600 passes at 550+whp, then he cranked it to 40psi and put it in the 9s. Eventually the block cracked, but after 20 years, a ton of miles on the street and several hundred track passes with a big T4 turbo the rotating assembly was still just fine.

Your forty-something pound turbo isn't going to stress a stock rotating assembly, especially with the knock resistance of E85.
Cool story

Originally Posted by TheHitman
Sounds like he is either babying his trans or doesn't know how to drive or his tuner fucked him by not setting up his launch control. The latest launch control for the GT-R launches at 3750rpms and launches a lot harder than that. Also I like how you cut off just before you are about to get destroyed.
He told me he would rather not pay 11 grand for another tranny so I cant blame him. He has 2 or 3 different maps for launching his car. He was on his lowest setting

Originally Posted by j81234
Not sure which video everyone is watching, but the Evo took the hit. GTR babied it off the line caught and passed Evo before the 1/4 mile. So in reality that was impressive that the GTR let him go and passed him like that.
Not sure which video YOU are watching. It clearly says evo lets off and then you see the gtr passing. and that was top of 4th so around 120 mph, evo has already completed the 1/4 mile

Originally Posted by BLWNV10
Good runs! Your Evo runs hard. I love how it gets the V8 and GT-R guys in here's panties in a wad. lol
Lol thanks man, I appreciate it.

Originally Posted by BM6GTO
Wow, i had to turn that **** off. I dont even know where to begin. The GTR, the Z06, the TT Camaro. GTFO
LMAOOOOO you obviously didnt "turn that **** off" because you saw the whole damn video hahaha

Originally Posted by bh353
Good kills,But damn what the hell the is so hard to launch a manual car on the street? either feather the clutch or bring the car almost to a stall and then give it full throttle..non driving dumbasses just blow the tires off from dumping the clutch..lol
Thanks! Launching on Street tires on a FWD/RWD is much more difficult than launching on a AWD car.

Originally Posted by Ju1ce
Not going to read this whole thread, but my stock GTO beat full bolt on EVO's that made "400whp" and my Regal also put the hurt on them as well.

Stop paying people in GTR's to lose to you on camera
LMAO, if a full bolt on evo is only making 400 whp then there is your problem. You really think a person who owns a GTR is gonna wanna get paid to lose? what kind of people do you hang out with?

^ you must be racing some slow evo's ju1ce. People call bs on my mods all the time and I can't find one of those little bastards to beat!
LOL some people like to dream big. He must be beating NA lancers and thinking they are Evo's because a stock GTO is slow.
Old 05-25-2012, 06:16 AM
On The Tree

Haha, that is awesome. 632whp is a great number to be street driven and also be able to put some hurting on most the cars. And I know, most of the people that actually know how the street racing world is, are usually open minded. Alot of the muscle car drivers are usually closed minded because they live with the quote "Aint no replacement for displacement" lol

Thanks, and I have never been to New Orleans but if I ever show up there with the evo, ill let ya know

Cool story

He told me he would rather not pay 11 grand for another tranny so I cant blame him. He has 2 or 3 different maps for launching his car. He was on his lowest setting

And your buddy can't afford 3 grand on a basic trans upgrade to launch the **** out of his car on his setup? Hell even without launching he should have passed you way earlier than that if he had the mods you claimed. I would be more inclined to say that you would blow your trans more likely than he would.

Not sure which video YOU are watching. It clearly says evo lets off and then you see the gtr passing. and that was top of 4th so around 120 mph, evo has already completed the 1/4 mile

Lol thanks man, I appreciate it.

LMAOOOOO you obviously didnt "turn that **** off" because you saw the whole damn video hahaha

Thanks! Launching on Street tires on a FWD/RWD is much more difficult than launching on a AWD car.

LMAO, if a full bolt on evo is only making 400 whp then there is your problem. You really think a person who owns a GTR is gonna wanna get paid to lose? what kind of people do you hang out with?

LOL some people like to dream big. He must be beating NA lancers and thinking they are Evo's because a stock GTO is slow.
I'm sorry but after reading all of this you sound like a little douche with an Evo. You think you have the most badass car in the world because you can beat a few cars in the 1/8th. If you came here with a little more respect to your audience rather than going on talking about "I only have 4 cylinders while you guys have 8" I would take you a little more seriously.

I guess because you have a 400whp evo you could be anyone from a dig. Keep thinking that dude, because there are some RWD cars that would take your lunch money here. Again, nice excuses and editing with the Camaro.

Last edited by TheHitman; 05-25-2012 at 06:55 AM.
Old 05-25-2012, 06:47 AM
Teching In

The video you posted shows clearly that the GTR passed you at 10.5 seconds, that was giving you a little extra time. Really who are you trying to fool? GTR let you take the hit and passed you hard before the 1/4 mile. That is unless you're going to start claiming to have a stock turbo Evo that runs a 10 second 1/4 mile at 120mph...lol
Old 05-25-2012, 07:44 AM
Staging Lane

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

Solow1, stock GTO's are pretty slow, but not nearly as slow as a stock evo.
Old 05-25-2012, 08:53 AM
10 Second Club

Alot of the muscle car drivers are usually closed minded because they live with the quote "Aint no replacement for displacement" lol
No they're closed minded because most of the imports on the street are turds driven by retards. Keep in mind this is coming from someone who has owned more imports than domestics.

All these closed minded domestic drivers are giving you your race, yet i don't see you posting roll vids unless the other car can't hook. I'm sure you have a private collection of vids where the domestic did hook from a dig or roll and torched your cornhole.

I think it's hilarious that you elude to your track times and dyno numbers but haven't posted them.

Cool story
Maybe this will wake you up. 750awhp stock bottom end 9.2@154...with a rotating assembly that's weaker than yours.

And you're worried about the stock bottom end of a freakin' stock turbo car. Give me a break.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=unFJGbOz0k4

Last edited by Beans; 05-25-2012 at 09:01 AM.

Quick Reply: Heard it was open season for v8s??????