Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

5th gen vs Mach1!

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2012, 09:07 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by GotHemi?
^^^Holy ****!! Its a undercover Mach 1!! Everybody hide!!

lol just bustin ur *****
My ***** are made of steel...they can't be broken. And my skin is made of leather so it meets the minimum thickness to be on this site.

What I have noticed over the years I've been on this site is its always the slow ones who talk ****, brand loyal, never really sweat working on a car, or young. Any of those combinations. I've had friends who drove SRT4's, C6's, and mustangs that came to my house for me to work on. They bring beer and I'll work on anything...even a Fiat.

-Mark
Old 05-25-2012, 09:21 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 58 Likes on 48 Posts

This! I just recently purchased all the necissary tools to do a cam swap in an LS motor. I sent out an invite with the local for stating "Anybody wanna do a mod day or need a cam swap i have a garage and tools!" I got a response from a guy with an S2000, what about us?!? I told him bring it over, just dont expect me to have any specialty tools or know **** about them lmfao!
Old 05-25-2012, 09:38 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Bitemark46
My ***** are made of steel...they can't be broken. And my skin is made of leather so it meets the minimum thickness to be on this site.

What I have noticed over the years I've been on this site is its always the slow ones who talk ****, brand loyal, never really sweat working on a car, or young. Any of those combinations. I've had friends who drove SRT4's, C6's, and mustangs that came to my house for me to work on. They bring beer and I'll work on anything...even a Fiat.

-Mark
My name is Robert, and I aprove of this post!!

Thats what its all about. Or at least hot rodding is supposed to be about. I had a friend that ive never met in person before drive down from detroit (1200miles) just to have a built transmission put in his car and get it tuned on the dyno for his D1. He istalled it and drove it down without the belt on. Showed him around the french quarter made him eat gator, crawfish, and oysters. When it came time for him to go the car started leaking ps fluid. He had a line rubbin against the crank pulley. Full of beer and crawfish on a late sat evening we stole a line off of another car in the shop and went to work. Bad thing was the the ps pump was smack dab in the middle of the blower bracker. Had to take everything off. Finished at midnight.

Good times...
Old 05-25-2012, 09:54 AM
TECH Apprentice

I doubt he stays in Detroit with that... most of the guys in the burbs put Detroit but really dont stay there, makes them sound tuff...lol. I have way more import friends show up for mod days at my house and all the American muscle friends wonder what happened when they get raped on the roads... if you show you might learn more about the competition out there... just my 3 cents...
Its a few SRT8's home that found out where runnin blowers... i learn the hard way...lol. what nice custom tail lights you on that SRT8...lol
Old 05-25-2012, 09:59 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by NOLAG05
I doubt he stays in Detroit with that... most of the guys in the burbs put Detroit but really dont stay there, makes them sound tuff...lol. I have way more import friends show up for mod days at my house and all the American muscle friends wonder what happened when they get raped on the roads... if you show you might learn more about the competition out there... just my 3 cents...
Its a few SRT8's home that found out where runnin blowers... i learn the hard way...lol. what nice custom tail lights you on that SRT8...lol
Cant tell if that was sarcasm about him not being from dertoit but trust me im a %1000000 sure hes from detroit.
Old 05-25-2012, 10:07 AM
10 Second Club

Received 432 Likes on 339 Posts

My name is Robert, and I aprove of this post!!

Thats what its all about. Or at least hot rodding is supposed to be about. I had a friend that ive never met in person before drive down from detroit (1200miles) just to have a built transmission put in his car and get it tuned on the dyno for his D1. He istalled it and drove it down without the belt on. Showed him around the french quarter made him eat gator, crawfish, and oysters. When it came time for him to go the car started leaking ps fluid. He had a line rubbin against the crank pulley. Full of beer and crawfish on a late sat evening we stole a line off of another car in the shop and went to work. Bad thing was the the ps pump was smack dab in the middle of the blower bracker. Had to take everything off. Finished at midnight.

Good times...
MMMMMMM .... I'm commin to your place for some crawl dads!!
Old 05-25-2012, 10:09 AM
TECH Apprentice

Lil bit of both...lol

Cant tell if that was sarcasm about him not being from dertoit but trust me im a %1000000 sure hes from detroit.
Old 05-25-2012, 10:10 AM
TECH Fanatic

Ewe it smells like elephant in here! <<<<---- ANybody get that joke?
Old 05-25-2012, 10:13 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Cwarta
Ewe it smells like elephant in here! <<<<---- ANybody get that joke?
I don't get it but I'm going to fake it and laugh like I do.... ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha
Old 05-25-2012, 10:14 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by HioSSilver
MMMMMMM .... I'm commin to your place for some crawl dads!!
More than welcome!! Gotta suck the heads tho
Old 05-25-2012, 10:16 AM
11 Second Club

Those dudes that sit there in the street all painted up scare the **** out of me. lol.
Old 05-25-2012, 10:18 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Bitemark46
Those dudes that sit there in the street all painted up scare the **** out of me. lol.
Dude he was extra ****** creepy!! Had real fangs and everything. With big *** gorilla hands!
Old 05-25-2012, 10:20 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Dude he was extra ****** creepy!! Had real fangs and everything. With big *** gorilla hands!
The robot guy is pretty cool too.
Old 05-25-2012, 10:26 AM
Staging Lane

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

Should I up my shot to 250 and ask him for a rematch guys?
He did mention he was getting a thermostat... So my shot may not compensate for it....
TECH Fanatic

Lol it was a Hemi joke. Maybe its just a local saying idk? Around here BBC`s are boat anchors, SBC are are canoe anchors, and Hemi`s are Elephant motors lol.Ford motors arent even in the discussion, just the occassional point and laugh. But we deal with a bit bigger hemi`s then you all have
TECH Apprentice

Best thing in the Big Easy is still... & Nothing like Hurricanes and Handgrenades!! who dat!!
Old 05-25-2012, 10:29 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by 92builtbird
The robot guy is pretty cool too.
This guy was pretty damn good!! Stayed completely still for 15min, had a sea of ppl watching waiting to see how long he could stay motionless...

Then this happened!!!

Totally mind fucked me!!!
Old 05-25-2012, 10:31 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by NOLAG05
Best thing in the Big Easy is still... & Nothing like Hurricanes and Handgrenades!! who dat!!
Hell yeah!!!
Old 05-25-2012, 11:52 AM
Staging Lane

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

Saw Mach1 again yesterday night. Had slicks on. Was doing 3 ft wheelies.
Incredible power.
Old 05-25-2012, 11:54 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by 2SSARME
Saw Mach1 again yesterday night. Had slicks on. Was doing 3 ft wheelies.
Incredible power.
They do make more tq than hp. I can believe it.

Quick Reply: 5th gen vs Mach1!