Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Lightning kill in the new setup :)

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2012, 08:01 PM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by adamantium
Ive seen enough run infront of me to know how shitty they are. All motor hondas run around those things man. I mean ive seen a local dudes Turd CRX with a stock ITR swap on E85 with bent exhaust valves lol walk one from a dig. Obviously one with a turbo or a buncha **** will eventually be fast, anything will be fast with enough money. But in stock form and most of the time without an extra power adder there garbage.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SQ5wX5Q0wbI
Looked like the ford was spinning, they are slow stock a few mods and they can hold their own there is one around me that may be able to take me it's just they cost so much to mod vs. the power you get for the money.
Old 06-06-2012, 08:36 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by NastyTBSS
Looked like the ford was spinning, they are slow stock a few mods and they can hold their own there is one around me that may be able to take me it's just they cost so much to mod vs. the power you get for the money.
Yeah crx had no traction till top of 2nd gear aswell, lightning just gave up lol.
Old 06-06-2012, 08:46 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Ive seen enough run infront of me to know how shitty they are. All motor hondas run around those things man. I mean ive seen a local dudes Turd CRX with a stock ITR swap on E85 with bent exhaust valves lol walk one from a dig. Obviously one with a turbo or a buncha **** will eventually be fast, anything will be fast with enough money. But in stock form and most of the time without an extra power adder there garbage.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SQ5wX5Q0wbI
I also seen Honda without vtec with cheap eBay turbo kit go around some ls1 don't mean the ls1 is ****. You have to realize your comparing a truck either way you look at it its still a truck and not to many trucks on the road run 13s stock and are capable of putting down serious power.
Old 06-06-2012, 08:49 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Okay you have me convinced, you are either a troll or an idiot.
Old 06-06-2012, 08:52 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Azrael
Okay you have me convinced, you are either a troll or an idiot.
Cool.
Originally Posted by Theblacknightls1
I also seen Honda without vtec with cheap eBay turbo kit go around some ls1 don't mean the ls1 is ****. You have to realize your comparing a truck either way you look at it its still a truck and not to many trucks on the road run 13s stock and are capable of putting down serious power.
Don't buy a truck if your looking to race other cars and use that as your handicap. Simple i guess as a truck its impressive? Bottom line they are slow, sorry. Obviously my opinion gets everyone on here butt hurt.
Old 06-06-2012, 08:56 PM
10 Second Club

Cool.

Don't buy a truck if your looking to race other cars and use that as your handicap. Simple i guess as a truck its impressive? Bottom line they are slow, sorry. Obviously my opinion gets everyone on here butt hurt.
Got it, you must be an idiot.

Because a pick-up truck that will run stock with a stock LS1 F-Body is slow. I must admit, I feel constantly outclassed by faster cars; shoot my slow truck only runs low 12's with just a ported Eaton, 6lb lower, traction bars, cat-back, and drag radials...
Old 06-06-2012, 08:57 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Azrael
Got it, you must be an idiot.

Because a pick-up truck that will run stock with a stock LS1 F-Body is slow. I must admit, I feel constantly outclassed by faster cars; shoot my slow truck only runs low 12's with just a ported Eaton, 6lb lower, traction bars, cat-back, and drag radials...
Cool.
Old 06-06-2012, 09:03 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Cool.

Ok.. your serious? What do you have in your firebird ?
Old 06-06-2012, 09:17 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Theblacknightls1
Ok.. your serious? What do you have in your firebird ?
Nothing.
Old 06-06-2012, 09:21 PM
TECH Enthusiast

lol
Old 06-06-2012, 09:34 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

lol. i have one of these 'slow *** trucks" and let me tell you a 4670lb truck going 13's stock is impressive. especially one that has zero weight on the rear and gets shitty traction from digs. now im not saying ill destroy all who race my truck but its got a few mods and it holds its own with cars putting down similar power. definitely surprises people when they race cuz most just think trucks are slow and have no place in the racing world. obviously the guy in OP's post was an idiot as if i were in that position id know a cammed gto would put the hurt on my truck.
Old 06-06-2012, 09:50 PM
TECH Addict

I think you may be confused.... I hear of a lot of lightning owners who claim to have 800whp but then they get yanked by stock ls1's... This doesn't mean that the lightning is slow! It just means that a lot of the lightning owners lie about mods which in turn causes a lot of people that don't know much about this truck to try and label them all as being slow... Its cool man!I even thought the same thing for a while but that changed with my *** whoopin.... I think you'll like this vid! Its my fav.. Hahaha

Cool.
Nothing.
Cool.

Old 06-06-2012, 10:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

lol i dont lie about my hp, thats stupid bcuz if your going to race the guy hes gonna find out lol. no to be honest im not sure what my L is putting out, its just pullied and a race tune and its more of my work truck so i dont really race it to be honest, thats what i got the mustang for.
Old 06-06-2012, 10:15 PM
On The Tree

Cool.

Lightnings are not slow. I have a close friend with an '02 that would wipe the floor clean with that F-body of yours.

Where are you located?
Old 06-06-2012, 11:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 57 Likes on 47 Posts

In before the 3rd page brah!
Old 06-06-2012, 11:27 PM
Staging Lane

Lightnings are fast as hell for trucks. I would love to have one. Would be fun to **** off all the guys around here with jacked up 4x4's thinking they're hot ****.
Old 06-06-2012, 11:54 PM
Launching!

I have only raced one lightning, but I can vouch for it not being a dog. It was before my head swap with my car @ 392/370 from like a 40 roll I think. And I got unbelievable amounts of *** raped. It was a bad *** truck, he had a whipple swap and was making 640s on pump gas.
Old 06-07-2012, 01:20 AM
Teching In

Lightnings are slow and super gay with the step side bed. ill take a SRT-10 any day over one of those turds
Old 06-07-2012, 01:44 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by geoffreymexico
I have only raced one lightning, but I can vouch for it not being a dog. It was before my head swap with my car @ 392/370 from like a 40 roll I think. And I got unbelievable amounts of *** raped. It was a bad *** truck, he had a whipple swap and was making 640s on pump gas.
And don't forget, that was his low boost setting... He said he turned it up another 6#s at the track.

FWIW my car was running 7.3s@95mph and I raced ^^^^^ (the car in this video) and only put around 1.5 lengths on him with the way his car was in the video.. I would say the SOM Ws6 was trapping a solid 93, possibly 94mph at this time.

The vid from said race:
Old 06-07-2012, 02:10 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Stock they run solid 13's so I wouldn't call them slow per se. Seen a few whippled/KB at the track run pretty strong (low 7's in 1/8mile).

Sonic Blue Lighting or Black GMC Syclone =

Last edited by CyberGrey Z28; 06-07-2012 at 02:15 AM. Reason: ...