Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Lightning kill in the new setup :)

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2012, 02:28 AM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by usnfenix
lol. i have one of these 'slow *** trucks" and let me tell you a 4670lb truck going 13's stock is impressive. especially one that has zero weight on the rear and gets shitty traction from digs. now im not saying ill destroy all who race my truck but its got a few mods and it holds its own with cars putting down similar power. definitely surprises people when they race cuz most just think trucks are slow and have no place in the racing world. obviously the guy in OP's post was an idiot as if i were in that position id know a cammed gto would put the hurt on my truck.
Eh not sure man, ive seen some run in front of me and ive been like wtf? they had atleast exhaust done to it. Its usually some cocky asshat who owns one.

Originally Posted by adanieljohnson1
I think you may be confused.... I hear of a lot of lightning owners who claim to have 800whp but then they get yanked by stock ls1's... This doesn't mean that the lightning is slow! It just means that a lot of the lightning owners lie about mods which in turn causes a lot of people that don't know much about this truck to try and label them all as being slow... Its cool man!I even thought the same thing for a while but that changed with my *** whoopin.... I think you'll like this vid! Its my fav.. Hahaha

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SCmc-...e_gdata_player
I think you may be right, i mean idk when i saw how slow they were in person i was just blown away. But i guess for a truck they move.

Originally Posted by Demon 383
Lightnings are not slow. I have a close friend with an '02 that would wipe the floor clean with that F-body of yours.

Where are you located?

If your close to south florida im more than happy to try it out with something with similar mods to my car, i have an SLP lid. Like i previously said im sure with alot of mods they can be fast, that applys to anything. But from what ive seen infront of me im not very impressed. Until i remember its a truck lol.
Old 06-07-2012, 02:31 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That run similar times to an ls1 stock for stock... And it is a truck.
Old 06-07-2012, 03:54 AM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I see where this thread is going so I talk some smack, why do all lightning owners claim they have like 800hp??? I say all because I havnt ran across a honest one yet, I don't get talking your power/mods up becuse you look even dumber when you get your *** handed to you. Here's the last lightning I ran he had full exhuast, pulley, tune, built trans, and "other things" not sure what he ment by that but it should pit down about 800hp. Lol his words not mine.

Old 06-07-2012, 10:42 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by adamantium
I think you may be right, i mean idk when i saw how slow they were in person i was just blown away. But i guess for a truck they move.
?? stock quarter for the L is 13.4 to 13.6, stock quarter for the ls1 firebird/camaro is 13.1 to 13.6 depending on the driver. so you were saying about them being slow? not being one of those cocky ******** you mentioned just pointing out stock for stock a 4600lb truck holding its own in the 1/4 against a 3200lb car made to drag is impressive, and if the truck is slow then by that logic so is the firebird/camaro.