Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

BBP: Street Demons 5 - Blowers, Bottles, Burnouts, Digs, Turbos, and more!

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2012, 10:53 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good video, nice runs.
Old 06-12-2012, 12:33 PM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Imstock2
That 2010 ZL550- 427 LSX F1R 18psi 4L80 made lol when he won 1 out of 3 runs and turns his hazards on... is he like 16?
He was spinning his nuts off, he just floors it and hopes it hooks. If he spins, he lets out...once he stayed in it, and he laid the rape. He's pretty young, I'd say maybe like 20 tops.
Old 06-12-2012, 12:59 PM
Teching In

Great video!
Old 06-12-2012, 01:54 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by WSsick
He was spinning his nuts off, he just floors it and hopes it hooks. If he spins, he lets out...once he stayed in it, and he laid the rape. He's pretty young, I'd say maybe like 20 tops.
He making 850whp+ I assume.. Either case spinning ain't winning. Does he always through hazards when he wins a race? Seems like a high shool kid thing to do...
Old 06-12-2012, 03:23 PM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Imstock2
He making 850whp+ I assume.. Either case spinning ain't winning. Does he always through hazards when he wins a race? Seems like a high shool kid thing to do...
he said it was on kill mode which is at the 1000whp mark when he raced me. when he raced the fox he was on 8 degree's less timing and no meth.
Old 06-12-2012, 04:07 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by samsel450r
he said it was on kill mode which is at the 1000whp mark when he raced me. when he raced the fox he was on 8 degree's less timing and no meth.
I totally forgot about that **** with Caleb. That race was like a month ago.
Old 06-12-2012, 04:18 PM
Launching!

Aww!! Make it available for mobile so I can watch it at work!!
Old 06-12-2012, 04:22 PM
12 Second Club

Youtube decides whether it is mobile friendly or not because of the music.
Old 06-12-2012, 04:24 PM
TECH Resident

awesome video
Old 06-12-2012, 05:23 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by WSsick
He's 20 at the most and driving a 1000 WHP 5th gen???

Rich daddy or something? That pisses the **** out of me hearing things like that. If he truly did work for it then I take it back, but I give him no credit if he just had the funds for a car like that handed to him.
Old 06-12-2012, 05:34 PM
doesn't know what quit means

Originally Posted by NightmareTA

Rich daddy or something? That pisses the **** out of me hearing things like that. If he truly did work for it then I take it back, but I give him no credit if he just had the funds for a car like that handed to him.
hater much.?
Old 06-12-2012, 05:54 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by lablackbeast
hater much.?
Nope...just have no respect for people that don't work for thier ****.
Old 06-12-2012, 06:21 PM
12 Second Club

Settlement money.
Old 06-12-2012, 06:50 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Never seizes to amaze me at how hard that formy launches
Old 06-12-2012, 07:26 PM
TECH Apprentice

Nope...just have no respect for people that don't work for thier ****.
agreed.... He did work hard! he grad high school!
Old 06-12-2012, 08:46 PM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by samsel450r
I firgured around a 1000rwhp based on his PSI and base engine. Maybe a tad more. But did you see the tiny *** tires he was running?!??! At most 275 width... pitiful. 325 drag radials would make a world of difference once he learned how to control the power -- which he will with time.

Ahhh.. well, my first instinct is to wholeheartedly agree with you. But I can't. Dude earned that power in a way that only a already entitled kid CAN earn it: through well thought out mods and lots of down time while it's in the shop. Seriously. Before we go farther, let me state my creds:

Started working at 14 yrs old with a exception. Two jobs at 16 yrs old, 3 at 18. Dishwasher at a restuarant, lot boy at a ford dealer, assemblymen at a truss company.

Joined Navy (delayed entry program because they weren't hiring). $16k starting salary, worked rebuilding/repairing/salvaging V8 GM cars on the side.

Aircraft NDI inspector after Navy, started out at $30k a year and worked up to $55 a year with 700 hours of overtime 10 yrs later.

Joined Boeing, $70k a year salary. 4 kids and a stay at home wife btw.

Making $110-$130k a year now with tons of overtime (600+ hours a year).

Now I can speak with knowledge. That kid most definitely had a priviliged upbringing. Don't fault him for what you are jealous of him for having. Instead of buying a friggin' Z06 or ZR1 or lambo, he bought a 5th gen and threw it into a shop.

Kid didn't want a turn key fast car, he wanted something HE designed. No doubt he spent lots of months driving his top of the line "beater" Acura or Lexus until it was done, but he was on a mission to be legit as he no doubt hated how his privileged friends started out with lambos and such.

Combine that build time with all the time dialing it in and repeateded trips to the tuner/builder. All while his buddies no doubt had there lambo's etc. on the road braggin about how fast they were. He instead wanted to "earn" his car the logical-to-him route by having a mediocre car made fast.

Now he is faced with the inevitable diatribe of people of less means then him. Fact of life, but I bet he didn't see it coming as he tried to do it right. Don't hate him for being YOU or ME under different circumstances. Just accept him for being a car guy doing his own thing in the way he can afford.
Old 06-12-2012, 09:22 PM
TECH Regular

Samsel car runs f-in hard makes really think over the use of nitrous. Curious what does the formula weigh? And does it have some drag suspension or just fat tires and hook.
Old 06-12-2012, 10:37 PM
10 Second Club

Samsels Formula weighs 30xx without driver and has full suspension and 27" QTPs
Old 06-12-2012, 10:51 PM
TECH Apprentice

Sticks & stones, I agree with a few things you said. But in all honesty, most 20 year old kids can not and SHOULD not have a car with that much power! (gonna sound old now). When I was 20, I had a mostly stock 2000 Firehawk, and even that felt like a rocket to me. Driving and especially racing experience comes from age and repetition, and I can see a young kid with a car like that losing control and putting it into a pole. Were not talking about 300-400 HP, were talking about a 1000 HP car. Thats a lot to handle for ANY guy, let alone a young kid.

I give respect for building an underdog rather than buying a fast turn key car. But damn, you said yourself it looks like he's got some baby tires on there even. One unexpected fish tail and it's lights out. Ok, I'm done sounding like a father. Carry on.
Old 06-12-2012, 11:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

Your vids awesome as always

Originally Posted by Sticks n Stones
Ahhh.. well, my first instinct is to wholeheartedly agree with you. But I can't. Dude earned that power in a way that only a already entitled kid CAN earn it: through well thought out mods and lots of down time while it's in the shop. Seriously.
Now I can speak with knowledge. That kid most definitely had a priviliged upbringing. Don't fault him for what you are jealous of him for having. Instead of buying a friggin' Z06 or ZR1 or lambo, he bought a 5th gen and threw it into a shop.

Kid didn't want a turn key fast car, he wanted something HE designed. No doubt he spent lots of months driving his top of the line "beater" Acura or Lexus until it was done, but he was on a mission to be legit as he no doubt hated how his privileged friends started out with lambos and such.

Combine that build time with all the time dialing it in and repeateded trips to the tuner/builder. All while his buddies no doubt had there lambo's etc. on the road braggin about how fast they were. He instead wanted to "earn" his car the logical-to-him route by having a mediocre car made fast.

Now he is faced with the inevitable diatribe of people of less means then him. Fact of life, but I bet he didn't see it coming as he tried to do it right. Don't hate him for being YOU or ME under different circumstances. Just accept him for being a car guy doing his own thing in the way he can afford.
Couldn't have said it better myself