Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Boosted!!! Vs N/A... **NEW Additional Vid**

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2012, 04:03 PM
TECH Resident

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by willizm
FI makes torque on any cylinder car. It just makes more on higher displacement cars. I'm not surprised to see a 4cyl make 300+wtq at all. My bimmer with a straight 6 3.0l makes great usable torque. The average bolt on tuned car can make around 400whp 450wtq pretty easily. My TA makes about 622wtq with an unlocked converter. There is a reason I only drive turbo cars now. I'm addicted to that torque delivery and prefer quick spooling setups that large laggy turbo's
Don't believe the internet hype man. Small displacement turbo engines do not make torque. Just like neal's 3.0L single turbo supra, 677whp and a pathetic 697wtq. ***** *** foreign crap
Old 07-06-2012, 05:09 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Sweet_SS
All this talk about import this and import that. Imports DO NOT make the tq that the V8's do. Due to the tq V8's put down, they usually will get the jump on imports. Most often in this case, you would have to reel in a V8 up top. From this video, the Nissan was probably at the same power level, but because of the tq from the T/A, he couldn't make up that distance. That's why the T/A kept pulling. Tq and power are never close on boosted 4cylinders. It will never happen. Back on topic...Nice kill.!!!
I've never had a similarly powered V8 jump out on me during a roll race. Then again, I've always brake boosted the **** out of my car, even on the stock turbo.

If torque and horsepower are close on a boosted car, you have a few things that could be going on. 1) You're not revving that high, 2) Too small of a turbo that can't maintain boost at high rpm's, 3) the VE isn't great on the motor (IE: SRT-4s with stock heads)

On stock turbo I made 366whp & 410 wtq. However this torque was just a spike, consistent with boost. I made the 410wtq @ 4000 rpms and spiking 30psi. My peak HP came in at 7400rpms where boost had dropped to 22psi.
Old 07-15-2012, 04:00 PM
9 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by R6cowboy
Don't believe the internet hype man. Small displacement turbo engines do not make torque. Just like neal's 3.0L single turbo supra, 677whp and a pathetic 697wtq. ***** *** foreign crap
Is Neal getting his car wrapped up? Jay and I were thinking about going to Byron on Aug 5th so if he's ready he should come out. You too, get some radials and give it hell.
Old 07-15-2012, 07:36 PM
11 Second Club

Default New run 7-14-12

I was expecting much more out of this nissan Z... But i would just go from first to second gear (Manual Shifting) and let off. Was just not worth going any further.
Im posting vid in here, since its not worth having its own thread...

30 roll...
http://youtu.be/XbfjfIcOKvw

We did one more 40, but was a waste... A buddy of his got in front of us and i completely let off to avoid a bad situation.

Anyway, enjoy...

Dont worry, i'll post up a vid when i get whooped by a boosted Import.
Old 07-16-2012, 10:55 AM
TECH Resident

Is Neal getting his car wrapped up? Jay and I were thinking about going to Byron on Aug 5th so if he's ready he should come out. You too, get some radials and give it hell.
I'm affraid Neal's car is going to be down for a while. Along with fixing the blown head gasket, he's tossing on a SP quick-spool valve, larger manifold and a bigger turbo. Said expecting minimum of 800whp and 700+ wheel torque with the new set-up. And the torque will be coming on much sooner in the rpm range. He just takes his sweetass time working on his business.
My car is going back to FMS and being put on the dyno here in a few days to figure what the hell it's problem is. It's being a stubborn bitch. But I'll be in for Aug 5th

lastofthebreed02- ate up that nissan like a ham samich
Old 07-16-2012, 01:01 PM
9 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by R6cowboy
I'm affraid Neal's car is going to be down for a while. Along with fixing the blown head gasket, he's tossing on a SP quick-spool valve, larger manifold and a bigger turbo. Said expecting minimum of 800whp and 700+ wheel torque with the new set-up. And the torque will be coming on much sooner in the rpm range. He just takes his sweetass time working on his business.
My car is going back to FMS and being put on the dyno here in a few days to figure what the hell it's problem is. It's being a stubborn bitch. But I'll be in for Aug 5th

lastofthebreed02- ate up that nissan like a ham samich

Sounds like it will be a beast. I'd still like to take him on once it gets wrapped up. Might be like this video part 2!

I got to get us all together again for more wings. Maybe at the end of the month or something.
Old 07-16-2012, 01:22 PM
TECH Resident

Oh goodness. Neal's car would absolutely destroy the supra in that vid. Wouldn't even consider it a race. Lol.
sounds like it will be a beast. I'd still like to take him on once it gets wrapped up. Might be like this video part 2!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jxneohzl44s

I got to get us all together again for more wings. Maybe at the end of the month or something.
CORRECT
Old 07-17-2012, 08:46 AM
11 Second Club

Sup guys... Im actually considering going twin turbo myself or 150 wet shot. Spray is alot cheaper and would b right around a twin t set up HP wise. But the sound of turbos is bad ***.

Here's another blow wrx 20g
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XSh_...e_gdata_player