Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

what did the cop say when he pulled u over!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2012, 08:28 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Got a little sideways making a uturn, Was asked the usual then to pop the hood. Bsed about cars for a while...
Old 06-26-2012, 02:18 PM
TECH Resident

Most recent one for me was a couple weeks ago. I was following my girlfriends brother to a friends house, he pulled up next to me on the freeway in '97 Ford Explorer and gunned it. It's on! I downshift into 3rd and just keep goosing it next to him staying even getting alittle ahead then falling back. All of a sudden a CHP pulls up next to me(I'm doing 90ish) and lights me up with his spot light. He then pulls in behind me we both exit friend makes a left off the freeway so I make a right. Cop walks up to my door and says Sir do you know how fast you were gong. No Sir I was paying attention to the road. I see you were trying to race that car back there. I laugh and tell him thats my my friend we're just messing around. Well your lucky I caught you before you took off. No I really wasn't gunna haha. Yeah right, I see your all strapped in to do Mach 1 and ****(I have 4 point harness in the car). Then goes on to BS about the car and asked is I track it I tell him I go to Irwindale every once in awhile and want to go to Willow Springs in a month or so. He tells me the CHP instructors go to race out there etc. Lets me go with a warning for speed thats it. Then tells me hes glad I didn't run cuz he would have never caught me lol! I said maybe if I could outrun the motorola! He goes smart man and lets me go.
Old 06-26-2012, 07:07 PM
Teching In

A few years ago, I'm cruising down a state highway doing 60 (the speed limit) because it's such a nice day out. I'm looking in my rearview and notice a sporty car about a half mile back catching up quick. As it gets closer I notice it was an 05-09 GT500. A few buses back I realize that it's a Super Snake. I stick my thumb out and his wife does the same to me and they cruise on by. I catch up and ask the guy to give it some gas to which he shakes his head. We are coming up on a hill crest and as he downshifts my radar detector goes off. He guns it right as a county came over the hill. The cop jumps the grass median and takes off after the SS. He gets behind it and is sitting in the middle of both lanes following the Snake with me behind him. I'm a half mile from my exit and I see another cop coming from the opposite direction, he jumps the median and starts driving right at the GT500. The other cop dropped back behind me and they sandwiched us on the right side of the road.

The cop behind me comes up and says, "What are you doing racing on my road?" I then replied I wasn't racing and the cop said he caught me doing 80 (BS I never downshifted and only gave it gas to match speeds to ask the guy to hit it). And the GT500 was doing 110. After all was said and done we both left and all I got out of it was a ticket for 71 in a 60.
Old 06-27-2012, 08:36 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Walks up, "we've gotten several report's of a camaro just like yours launching bottle rockets and firework mortors out of t tops" me-"ill let you know if I see him"
Old 06-27-2012, 12:37 PM
On The Tree

I got, "What were you THINKING?" I have the video from the Police car and he got up right behind us as we went, I thought and even said, we better hurry here comes traffic!

Old 06-27-2012, 06:10 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

First time was back when I had my '00 SS. Just installed SLP Lid/LM1 and was taking a buddy for a ride. Make a left out of my neighborhood and do a pull up to ~90 in a 45mph zone. I literally look back and say "I hope there were no cops back there", and my buddy says "Nope your good".

Well as I'm coming up to a light making a U-Turn to go back home, what do you know. A city cop comes flying up like a bat out of hell. I thought to myself "****, my mom is going to kill me" (I was in high school at the time). The officer gets out and asks how fast I was going to which I reply 70. He didn't get me on radar he said, but knew I was going faster. He gave me two option; Call my mom or get a ticket. After some tough deliberation I called my mom. He ended up being cool and saying that he had seen too many kids in Camaro's and Mustang's crash and didn't want to see it again. As he was leaving he said the car sounded good. Lol I was lucky on that one.

Second encounter was even more lucky. I was doing some pulls up and down the street with my WS6 vs. My buddys C6. There is a local soccer field close, with a rent-a-cop who apparently saw us and just as we were heading back he decides to follow us.

We both say no thank you, and proceed to leave him in the dust. Well after getting up to about 90, I see a cop coming out of the next neighborhood and say "****" as I slam on the brakes meanwhile thinking I'm losing my license. Well he pulls me over and my buddy in the corvette just decides to creep by at 20 trying to act normal, to which he was doing the opposite of. The officer gets up to my window after talking to my friend and says they had reports of people racing down that street. I told him I was breaking in my new clutch trying to get it ready for the track the next day, LOL. Surprisingly he just gave us a warning, told us he didn't want to see us die racing and let us go. I for sure thought we were going to jail!
Old 06-27-2012, 10:22 PM
Teching In

I was at cruising the coast a couple years ago.. Pull out of the mall parking lot at a normal rate of speed never exceeding the speed limit. Cop pulls me over and says "You were doing a burnout." I argued for a hour but still got a "excessive acceleration" ticket.

A few years ago a few of the local car guys took a cruise one night. We pulled through a Walmart parking lot to get to a restaurant. A few people asked to hear the cars so we let them. As we get out and start talking to some folks three cops show up. One said someone reported cars "drag racing in the parking lot".. LMAO... They just looked at our cars and left.

One night me and a friend were riding out to a party. There was a car following behind me for 4 miles out of town so close I couldnt see its headlights. The car in front of me throws a cigarette out the window. Lights come on and I pull over. Cop said, "I saw you throw it out".. Me, "Sir do you really think I would smoke in this car?" He coudlnt prove I did so he let me go.
Old 06-28-2012, 03:18 AM
Teching In

I was street tuning my car. 3rd gear wot pulls, data logging with my laptop and tuner when I realized the red and blues were flashing. Officer "x" introduces himself and asks if I know how fast I was going. I politely say sir, I can tell you my air fuel ratio, water temp, oil pressure, fuel pressure and that I had spark knock at 3000rpm but my speed-o-meter was not one of the gauges I was monitoring. He leans in and sees the equipment and asks what I'm doing, I say street tuning and trying not to blow up my car. He asks are you Officer ... From the ... Police department? I say, yes sir. He says then why don't you street tune in you own township. I said, right away sir.