Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Intake/longtube LS2 GTO vs built 347 stroker 94 cobra

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2012, 11:52 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by NightmareTA
Dynojet I believe. I figured it'd do at least 110 mph trap in the 1/4. Don't know what they weigh or anything though. This one is full weight with leather and all power. Has a tubular K and coilovers though so it's gotte be less than stock.
How did you figure 110 mph with 400rwhp
Old 07-03-2012, 12:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

im still blaming driver on this... or very bad drivetrain setup (gearing). Dezs dyno is not happy and is always corrected to SAE. Like i said. My car made 396whp on there with an air intake. I ran right next to Alfreds CTSV which trapped 120mph. My car weighed 3650 with me in it when i raced him.
Old 07-03-2012, 12:09 PM

Originally Posted by HioSSilver
car should do 116-119 with that kind of power.
I concur.
Old 07-03-2012, 12:11 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

there is no way that mustang is putting down that much power, i see the dyno sheet but he should certainly trap ALOT higher. i have 361 at the wheels and trap 110mph with just long tubes, cold air intake and a dyno tune.....MASSIVE driver mod needed in the mustang
I'll jump on this bandwagon too...either the cobra is not really making that power anymore (yes there's a dyno video, but something could've happened to the engine mechanically and it's running worse now) or the driver left it in 5th gear the whole time.

Don't see how a 400rwhp Mustang can get blown out of the water by even a 112mph trapping GTO. Know a kid with some ~380rwhp and he traps 116-117 all day.

Not saying you didn't win the race because you obviously did, but if I were the cobra driver I'd either learn how to drive or really go check my engine out.
Old 07-03-2012, 12:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

or just let me drive it
Old 07-03-2012, 03:56 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by evangto87
did you really just argue 400 vs 402? O man
He's gotta try to find any flaw in me and blow it out of proportion. Whatever makes him happy.

Originally Posted by three83'camaro
Good kills hard to believe less horspower and heavier car could take the win but what ever good runs. To bad your not in south texas, i think you and the "el mero camaro" would be a good run.
You have no idea how much my brother and I would love to destroy, I mean race his car in the GTO. Too bad its so far.

Originally Posted by Sick LS2
i mainly just lurke here but since i also have a gto i must comment. there is no way that mustang is putting down that much power, i see the dyno sheet but he should certainly trap ALOT higher. i have 361 at the wheels and trap 110mph with just long tubes, cold air intake and a dyno tune.....MASSIVE driver mod needed in the mustang
Eh, he's not the best driver but he also isn't too bad. I'm sure something is up, but he'll never throw it back on the dyno after that loss. I wouldn't be surprised if he traded it in now for a new 5.0 or GT500 to be honest with you.

Originally Posted by Coupe Dave
How did you figure 110 mph with 400rwhp
I said "at least" 110 mph. And since it's a mustang, it instantly loses 5 mph compared to what a similiar HP LSx would trap.

Originally Posted by redtan
I'll jump on this bandwagon too...either the cobra is not really making that power anymore (yes there's a dyno video, but something could've happened to the engine mechanically and it's running worse now) or the driver left it in 5th gear the whole time.

Don't see how a 400rwhp Mustang can get blown out of the water by even a 112mph trapping GTO. Know a kid with some ~380rwhp and he traps 116-117 all day.

Not saying you didn't win the race because you obviously did, but if I were the cobra driver I'd either learn how to drive or really go check my engine out.
Hey, hey, the GTO trapped 113 mph!! LOL

Both cars were in 2nd gear for the race. And I'm not doubting it's not making 400 RWHP due to an issue...But both the owner and the kid with him said the car felt like it was running fine, and it was consistent with the time and trap speed all 4-5 runs at the track that day, and then it made the hour and 15 minute ride home without a problem. Who knows.
Old 07-03-2012, 07:33 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by NightmareTA

I said "at least" 110 mph. And since it's a mustang, it instantly loses 5 mph compared to what a similiar HP LSx would trap.

lol we know that's not true

Quick Reply: Intake/longtube LS2 GTO vs built 347 stroker 94 cobra