Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Whats your best kill ever...

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2012, 08:38 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Last week I ran into a guy with a brand new 5.0. He was riding my *** on a 1 lane road, and it opened up to two lanes. SO he guns it by me and oddly we both hit the same red light next to each other. I look over at him and he says "my old *** wanna be car" can't hang with his new "muscle car". May i point out he is screaming this over the noise of my CAM haha... I tell him let have a shot, hes screams its pointless.... I wish i had a video so you could see his face when i walked by him in 2nd gear. At the next light he didn't even have the ***** to acknowledge or even look at me.
Old 07-10-2012, 10:22 AM
On The Tree

I have two, ill post the other one soon, here is my first. My best Ever was when I was stock and first started racing, my friends said he could get me a race with a fox body that only had a cam and full exhaust. I picked up my bud, and went to checkers, the fox came rumbling in, I was real nervous then, thinking im going to get killed and everyone would know by 8am. being my first race i didn't even think about any film (this was 8 or 9 years ago maybe) so we cruised out to the freeway and came to a stop, my clutch leg was literally shaking. we all had both windows down and could hear well, so my friend gave a count 1, 2, 3.. Bang I took off and started shifting, the fox jumps but couldnt hold but to my door on the first gear, fell back to my bumper on the second, and i started to put car lenbghts after that. we got off the freeway and talked, the driver said "i have nothing for that car but would you like to try from a roll? I (then being confident) agreed. we rooled back toward checker on the freeway and i let him take the hit, it was worse than before. So i got to go back to checkers and the smile on my face was like the cat that ate the canary My cherry was pooped and it was ON from that moment.
Old 07-10-2012, 10:29 AM
12 Second Club

Received 51 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by stockz
My cherry was pooped and it was ON from that moment.

pooped a cherry...lmfao

Last edited by S8ER95Z; 07-10-2012 at 11:26 AM.
Old 07-10-2012, 11:30 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 170 Likes on 118 Posts

My favorite kill was a 98 Cobra with a Vortech supercharger. Guy was nice, car was clean, said he thought it made 400rwhp. I was stock except for the biggest power adder ever, the almighty K&N air filter!

We went for a friendly run. 1st run, I took him out of the hole and slowly walked away in each gear. End of 1/4 mile, I had about 2-3 cars on him. 2nd run went better for him, I smoked the tires on the launch, but pulled even by the end of 2nd gear. Finished a car length ahead of the Cobra. He was dumbfounded by my stock 99 SS, and I was too. I fully expected to lose. I just assumed he had a bad tune or something not quite right with the install.

The funniest part of it all was he was trying to get me to go in town in front of all his buddies - being cocky and what not. Lucky for him, I knew he was supercharged and let him have his moment...until this happened later that day.
Old 07-10-2012, 11:43 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

back when i was in college (2000-2003) i had a 1993 ford thunderbird SC. i was cruising one night and this guy pulls up next to me in an 80s cutlass and goes "dude, i just dropped a 350 in this, what you got in that a 5.0?" i replied back with a fake dissappointed sounding "nah, it's just a V6"

when the light went green we went to about 50 or so and i had him by about a car length. he saw me later that night and said "i thought you said that was a V6?" to which i replied "it is a V6, i just forgot to mention the supercharger" and he replies "i thought i heard some blower whine"

mid 14 second car back then, pretty good sleeper

Last edited by 1995blacktattop; 07-10-2012 at 11:57 AM.
Old 07-10-2012, 12:02 PM
Staging Lane

I bought a '79 Buick Century used in about '81. Had the 3.8 V-6 in it, pretty car- same mechanicals as the Regal or Monte Carlo of the time. It threw a rod a couple years later, and when junk-yarding a new motor, found out a new(used) V-6 was about $500, while I could get a V-8 for about $200. Guess which one I put in? Left the V-6 badges on the fenders, and had dual exhaust with quiet mufflers. A real sleeper, eventually got a 4-bbl and even nitrous. Put 16" IROC wheels on it, they matched the paint. Mine was silver over grey metallic. I had grey tinted windows, and 50-series tires, but it looked like a business man's car, not a rod. Lots of cars got fooled by that one. The best was when I was racing a red Camaro, and beating him. We went by a cop, and you can guess which car got pulled over- wasn't me.

Care looked similar to this;
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:%2...ck_Century.jpg
Old 07-10-2012, 12:02 PM
Staging Lane

lol some awesome kill stories
Old 07-10-2012, 12:45 PM
11 Second Club

I just have 3 that I can remember...

1. Beat a n/a h/c/i LS1 at the track one time. Holeshotted the **** out of him and held him off till the end. I got accused by his buddies that I had a bottle hidden. lol.

2. Beat a sprayed mach 1 (have the vid for it). Again held him off but my mph was almost to that of his

3. I beat Wolverine one time at a TnT. For those that don't know him its a 95 mustang with 1000rwhp. He fubar'd the launch, then got on it and spun, then finally started to take off. He ran like a low 12 at like 135 or something. lol.

-Mark
Old 07-10-2012, 02:06 PM
Staging Lane

I got one of my own and my one from my buddy...

My own being racing my friends 93 fox body he had just picked up with about 55,xxx miles on the car and its very stock from the motocraft sparkplugs from 93 and wires nothing was ever changed on the car and he always wanted to race me since he had it. He was swearing up and down that he'd beat me without a doubt in his mind. Till one night finally agreed to run and i put a good bus length or so on him and then after the run we met and he wanted to drive my car and thought i was bluffing him with my mods. I know its nothing special beating up on a stockish car in a basically stockish car of my own... but its always good making someone eat their words!

My buddys is a great story. He has a 09 G8 GT and was driving one day and a mid 2000s G35 pulls up to him and asks if thats a 6? He replies with yea it is. The G35 then asks him to run to the next light my buddy says sure. They run to the next light and of course the G8 was ahead by far and they both get to the next light and the G35 asks him...hey i thought that was a 6? My buddy replies with yea... 6 liter and pulls away before he can respond lol
Old 07-10-2012, 02:34 PM
Teching In

My best kill is a nitrous ls2 gto
So there's this guy in town who has. A gto the mods I know about are longtubes, intake,ported tb, tune, and he said he had a 50 shot of nitrous when we raced.he always reved up at me and my friends when he saw us so one day we followed him my friend had a 01 bolt on ss he raced him first and got pulled by about 4 cars on a roll. At the time I had a c5 vette bolt ons and tune with drag radials I noticed he was on street tires so I said I'll race you from a dig and he said I can't hook so I said so you have a ls2 and nitrous. All I have is a ls1 a4 vette that made 319 to the wheels.he then agreed and said meet me at this location in 1 hour. One hour passed and me and my friend with the ss showed up and there was like around30 people there waiting to watch the race. We line up and I took off hard he stayed spinning I shut down at 110 I was about 4 cars ahead we went back and he was like no way that's a bolt on ls1 I just told him spinning ain't winning
Old 07-10-2012, 04:31 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Wild *****
The best was when I was racing a red Camaro, and beating him. We went by a cop, and you can guess which car got pulled over- wasn't me.

Care looked similar to this;
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:%2...ck_Century.jpg

that reminds me of another SC story a friend of mine told me.

He had a white 93 SC which was even more sleeperish than my red one. One day he was doing a burnout at an intersection and saw a cop come up to the light on the other side of the intersection, oops. well he stopped the burnout and as the light went green, this mustang GT behind him did a small tire chirp. guess who got pulled over for the burnout, Not the grandpa looking supercoupe
Old 07-10-2012, 06:35 PM
On The Tree

My other Best race ever WAS filmed, I have a good friend who built his own motor, did a bunch of work to the car, got big carb, intake, exhaust, all the goodie but TIRES...LOLOLOL

so here we are, him talking MOUNTAINS OF TRASH, on how his car was going to Rape mine like the road runner vs coyote. I was thinking i better jump him on the start beacuse his car was faster, and I knew It!

And guess what happened

The Best part is I will NEVER Lose this Video, from now until eternity he will have to see it OVER and OVER again ...LOL
Old 07-10-2012, 06:49 PM
11 Second Club

A short time after High School. I was at a gas station with a buddy probably picking up a blunt to gut or something, I don't remember it being for gas. Anyhoo, right before we took off a silver IROC pulled in. We took off and were immediately followed. Small town so we knew we were being followed so we pulled over not knowing what to expect. Turns out they heard the gear drive and figured I'd be down to race (now that I think about it I probably threw them "5" when I was leaving). It was a '92, the two young guys in it were pretty proud of the LT1 swap they had just done. They were from out of town and cruising for random races. IIRC, I didn't stand a chance according to them. It had a 700R4 and 3.73 w/ posi. To be honest I didn't think I had a chance either. Maybe a chance, but back then LT1s were still formidable and I hadn't raced any "new" tech up until that point. Medium story short, I killed it from a dig by 2 cars. He said he spun but from what my buddy who flagged it said, I was the one spinning (no posi, good 'ol 8.2 10-bolt open diff). On the way back we did a low roll and I took him down by 3 cars. Sent them home kinda sad. My '72 ran good that night.

'72 Nova (bought it as a 6cyl/PG car). SBC 355. 9.3:1. 218/224, 465/488 cam. L31 Vortec heads. Performer RPM intake. Demon 650 carb. Dynomax 5/8" headers. TCI Streetfighter TH350 w/ 2,400 stall, multi-leaf springs out of a '71 Rally Nova and terrible 2.56 gears. With the aluminum rad, wheels, and poly fuel cell it weighed 3,120 with me in it! LOL its saving grace. Terrible off the line but hauled *** once it got going. I originally built the motor as my senior project for HS for my 1970 Chevelle:

Even though I loved the big A body, the motor hauled the most *** in the fly weight Nova. I won 25 out of 30 street races (mostly digs) with that Nova. I always have wished I could have ran it with a nice 3.73 posi setup. Oh well, another lifetime I suppose........good times.
Old 07-10-2012, 07:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

My best kill, I was like, 18 I think? Maybe 19. I've mentioned my Nova a few times on here, but it was in that old POS Nova that I got my best kill.... It was a 75 Nova, 2 door red......death trap.

The motor was a rat rod 400 small block, head, cam, edelbrock high rise intake, edelbrock 4 bbl 750 carb, open element chrome breather, lontubes, straight pipes, completly built TH350 Trans with a 3200 stall ,and shift kit. .... Original front suspension, originally a v6 car, bad EVERYTHING in front as far as suspension..... and that was VS an early 90's ZR1.......

We pull up at the light, my buddy in the seat beside me, and this vette pulls up. we are both checking it out, and the guy has his girl in the seat beside him. I guess he think's we are checking out his girl, because he gets this look on his face and starts revving his motor at the redlight.... My buddy looks at me and goes ,"go for it dude". Light Turns, I mash it... Massive wheel spin, but I immediately pull 2 cars on him, and I notice he starts comming up strong....oops, forgot to shift, yes its an auto but my valve body requires me to let off the gas for it to shift, so i left of and mash it and it shifts into second, instantly stop his pull, and start pulling slightly. time for third gear, and i dont mess up, im still pulling, at this time we have done way more then 1/4 ,probably more like 3/4 and my car is just about topped out, and I see the vette starting to pull back, but alas, the road has a chicane, and im doing 140mph with the worlds shittest handeling car, so I start shutting down, so I don't die still hit the chicane at 100, tires not liking it at all, and he flies by me ,probably doing every bit of 150 by this time, all I see for the split second, is his girl slapping the **** out of him on the other side of the chicane......

I don't know what went through that guys mind when his 400+ hp vette got SMOKED by my POS Nova, but, I'm sure he was not very happy!!!!
Old 07-10-2012, 09:38 PM
Staging Lane

^ lmao
Old 07-11-2012, 01:49 AM
Teching In

Pretty much any race that happened in my Gen1 Lightning. No one expected a farm truck to beat them lol

Hands down, without a doubt, the BEST race I've ever had was when I was on my way home from a trip, and I caught a red light in the middle of b-f'ing nowhere....and a sheriff lines up next to me. He complimented my truck, how clean it was, the stance, how it sounded.....then told me it was 'on' on green.....wait what? Yes, after double, triple, and quadruple checking, he wanted to run them. Eh, sure...why not, I had already acquired two speeding tickets that trip, why not make it a trifecta? As we sit there, watching the light he yells over "nail it! I won't stop ya!". With that the light turns green and we both mash the gas. His p71 cries in pain, while my old farm truck did what it always did - Hooked and booked. I only took it up to around 70 before letting out of her. I look in my rear view mirror to see the officer buses behind with his lights on.....fml. As I start dragging my brake he FLYS by me, lights...and now siren blazen with a thumb way out high out of the window.

I wouldn't call that truck fast by any means (13.9X), but quick for what it was, especially from light to light runs.
Old 07-11-2012, 05:49 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Dear god I have so many but one of my favorites:

I was in St. Pete, Florida headed toward Gandy bridge cruising in 6th gear in my old Z06. I was cruising about 60 mph when I saw a silver z06 sitting in the U-turn median with a nice looking broad in the passenger seat. I passed by not instigating anything and he caught up real quick and I simply just let into the gas never downshifting at all and he downshifted and pulled away. Lemons12 (Evan) was drving my GTO behind me and called immediately and asked what the **** was I doing. So me and Lemons12 pull into a gas station just to chill for a quick minute. So Lemons12 kept saying man you shouldve raced him dude, shouldve raced him etc etc. All the sudden, here comes a quick approaching silver Z06 with a cocky as hell driver. I asked him while sitting in my car, "Do you want to run them?" He responded very concededly, Pfft, **** YEA. So we then get onto the bridge (4 mile straightaway over the bay) and we go from a 70 roll. With his nice looking little girlfriend looking at me, I tell him to just go...just go dude, no honks and take a head start. He looks at me confused for a second and then downshifts and takes off. I wait about 3 seconds and I pull it into 2nd and burn the tires a bit and immediately get to his door. I then let off the gas as to keep pace with him and look him dead in the eye, then at his girlfriend with a slight grin and take off again putting about 12-15 car lengths on him. I shut mine down around 150ish, I wanted to make it very ugly. Then Lemons12 in my GTO behind me got beside him and raced him to about 120 and put a steady *** whoopin on him as well. We stopped back at the gas station and he pulled up to talk and I didnt really say too much. I wasnt a good sport I guess. He shouldnt have been a cocky *******.
Old 07-11-2012, 06:28 AM
10 Second Club

Received 412 Likes on 330 Posts

I put a couple busses on a pullied, I,E straight axle swap cobra last year...and he had the hit and I had a passenger. That's gotta be one of my fave's.
Old 07-11-2012, 08:40 AM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Here's some I dredged up out of a old post I made years ago. My car was a '78 Z28 back then.

My funnier stories:

Summer of '96 Friday night in Kirkland, WA (scenic hangout for the Microsoft nerds with there exotic cars, never know what you'll be racing). I was parked BS'ing with my brother when a 3000GT VR4 leaves the nearby stoplight HARD, chirping his 4 tires, then cruises by with the suit and tie driver staring hard at my Z28.

Brother and I glance at each other, and smile. Two sodas hit the ground, I Bo Duke across the hood and we are chasing. Two blocks to catch him at a light, with a Honda full of college age guys inbetween. A perfect race spot: road is elevated going uphill without a turnout for at least a 1/4mile.

The Honda knows whats up, they are looking back at us and up at the VR4, acting all excited. Heh Heh Spectators to the Mother of all Flyby's I'm planning. Green light, Honda follows VR4 on quick jump thru intersection and gets into the other lane and slows. I wait for the gap to widen as the VR4 is just cruising 35mph now, not seeing what is about to happen. NOW! Drop the shifter into first, nail the gas n change lanes. I pass him at 6200rpm, the sound devastatingly loud, bouncing off the concrete blocks on either side of the road like a echo chamber. I see him drinking a Big Gulp all innocent like for a split second before the sound hits him, then he jumps in his seat like a snake bit him when the cascade of sound hits his ears. I missed it, but he CRUSHED the 32 ounce big gulp in his grip and spills it all over himself!!!! My brother is in hysterics as he relays that to me.

Guy initially didnt chase but when he realized he couldnt just wipe the mess up with his hanky he got pissed and chases us, racing us up a freeway onramp (I lost) and on the freeway twice (I won both barely). After both the Big Gulp episode and the 2 loses I woulda figured he would just pull off the freeway anonymously but he actually pulled up next to us and gave my car a thumbs up. Cool dude after all.

Damn that was funny though, I can't help but grin every time I think of that even 12 years later!
The next week I ordered a new cam and intake, cant let it get that close again...
__________________________________________________ ____________________________________________

Cruising thru town in my old '78 4spd Z28 I come across 2 teens in a restored conv. '66 mustang. Daddies car. As i pull up next to them they rev the engine and expose the fact its a stock 289 with cherry bombs to my trained ear.

Next light is last in town and road goes to 55mph and down to 1 lane after about 100 yards-a race instigators dream. As luck would have it its red, no cars around and he is revving his engine while passenger is hooting and hollering. I knod at him. At the green I launch perfectly and immediately have to let up because he is spinning his one tire mercilessly. His 'retro' white wall high mileage single rear tire finally gets more grip than this monster V8 can spin and pulls even with me. I let him start pulling away slowly and his passenger is going nuts beatin on the dash screaming, whooping, absolutely ecstatic. I'm barely quarter throttle. Waiting...waiting... 100 ft till my lane ends.... my Holley 750 double pumper is opposite the passengers head.. then WHAM! I floor it secondaries slam open air flooding thru with a giant vacuum sound- left front of car lifting- tires barely holding traction- perfect 2nd gear shift with squeeling tires- I rocket around them like they where in reverse a scream of joy LITERALLY FROZEN on the passengers face -hand still midair- drivers head snaps over in shock and awe as my car pulls like the proverbial raped ape past and away from them. I was laughing so hard I could barely manage the 2-3 shift.

I slow down to way below speed limit but they wont get anywhere near me. They then pull a U-turn and head back into town with there tail firmly tucked between there knees. God I used to live for those moments.
...The next week I ordered a higher duration cam and tossed the Rhoad's bleeddown lifters so that the lope would scare guys like that away...
__________________________________________________ _______________________________________

Stationed on Whidbey Island, WA. Roger, a friend of mine is the local race instigator and race bookie. Guy could quite literally get a tortoise to race a hare, and make the tortoise think he was favored to win! A non-racing friend of ours had just bought the first LT1 4th gen camaro in town. Parkey's eyes lit the hell up when he saw him pull into the parking lot! He manages to convince him that his car is good for high 13's stock and my car is only a high 14 car. Gets this poor guy all convinced of his invulnerability to the point he wants to skip me and go after the '66 GTO and '68 Chevelle in our group (they were low 12 second cars, mine was mid 13's at time though those numbers were a secret. They were just 'the next faster group' than mine). He finally realizes he has to work his way up - or is it 'down'?- the pecking order so he agrees to our race first.

We normally don't openly race for money, but this guy will not shutup about how fast his STOCK camaro is so Roger takes his wager. I try to stop it, but the camaro guy is insistent that he wont lose so it doesnt matter.... Some people just don't get it... I have to put up with the most ignorant, loud, obnoxious jackass I've ever known for the next 30 minutes as the other cars run, with LT1 big mouth running his mouth like New Orleans induced diarrhea. I mean come on! This bonehead has never raced, or owned anything faster than a '91 Camry. I have to threaten him with bodily injury to get him to go away until race time. Guy knew every stat about his then revolutionary LT1 Z28 except the most important one: "Size 12 shoes will only fit into a fully open mouth".

We line up, scrub our tires and pull up to Roger who is flagging. As his arms come down I wait for the LT1 to take off first so he doesnt have any excuses. 2/10ths after Roger's arms came to a stop he finally leaves. Or should I say "attempts to leave"? He spins up his Goodyear GS-C's and is too amped to let up on the throttle. I shake my head and let up at half track.

We re-raced later that night after Roger took him aside and showed him how to launch properly. I beat him by a couple car lengths. Confused why it was that close I find out Roger put Track Bite on his tires. probably a side bet I was unaware of... <shaking head as I walk away>

The next week I ordered the MSD 6A, bigger 1 3/4 hooker headers, yet another cam & springs(10 diff cams I tried on that engine), single plane intake and traded for a set of fully ported 2.02 'camel hump' heads...
__________________________________________________ _________________________________________

My brother takes his IROC to Pacific Raceways (S.I.R. back then). Waiting for the tech guy to show up, he talks to two kids in a stock 300Z. They are really interested in his modded IROC until he tells them last time out it ran a 13.10. They look at each other smiling and ask "why so slow?"

Instead of answering that, he looks at him shrewdly and asks how fast he thinks his Z will run.

"It'll run mid to low 12's, these things are totally underrated by the factory."

"Stock they are a high 13 car. What makes you think yours will run 12's??" My brother asks.

The passenger pipes up his version of ignorance this time: "We marked off a 1/4mile and I used a stop watch to time him, should be pretty close. Those magazines were so biased against them when they tested them..."

Dumbfounded I walk off shaking my head. My brother sticks around and tries to talk sense into him, warning him his first time out you dont even look at time slips, learn the lights etc., and that he will probably run a 14 flat at best. The kids walk off on him mid sentence.

Passing tech we go our seperate ways, with the Newbs taking one of the very first stalls to park in. My brother saw his first pass; 14.4 seconds. When the kid returned to the pits, he drove right past his stall and parked out in the very back of the pits, making his friend carry there chairs and cooler to him. They left shortly afterwards.

...The next week I ordered yet another cam and upgraded to a 850 Holley just because...
Old 07-11-2012, 09:00 AM
Teching In

These kill stories just made my first hour off work go by a lot faster,

My second best kill story in my bolt on ls1 camaro
In my small town there is a lot of ricers and One who claims he is one of the fastest in town that drives a 90 Honda hatchback always revs up at everyone and tells people he beat me by bus lengths when we never even raced.one day we are at a locals car meet and he shows up running straight header in his nitrous gsr hatchback and on slicks he parks next to me and says let's run em and I said sure but I want everyone to watch that way you won't be able to say you beat me by buses. He laughs and I tell him to go to the spot in Mexico. When everyone gets there he has all his friends hold his car and he starts burning out for what seemed like 5 minutes lol then a friend starts spraying some spray on his lane for added grip. I was on some shitty street tires but since my camaro is a auto it wasent to hard to hook. We line up and he gets me by about half a car off the line by the time I hit about 120 I was about 2 cars ahead when we go back he just picks up his friends and takes off burning out needless to say he wasent very happy

Quick Reply: Whats your best kill ever...