Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

2004 M6 Cobra 100 shot Vs 2002 A4 T/A *GOTVIDSFINALLY* 7/29/12

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2014, 10:25 AM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 2003Cobro
oh i get it. i never said that stalled autos werent fast from a dig. Oh they are, nasty in fact especially with a tire. However its just one pretty boring, and two what part of the win can you take credit for? "Damn bro way to keep the wheel pointed straight and push really hard on the gas!!!" But thats just me, rowing gears is my favorite part of racing. However if you like that my 90 year old grandma can get in your car and drive it to a mid 11 sec run at 109mph then thats cool for you.
I think mike went 114 or so with bolt ons.
Old 04-26-2014, 10:28 AM
Teching In

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by adamantium
I think mike went 114 or so with bolt ons.
changing the rotation of the earth. Amazing.
Old 04-26-2014, 10:33 AM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

changing the rotation of the earth. Amazing.
Yours is clearly the reason why our solar system exists.
Old 04-26-2014, 10:42 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by adamantium
Yours is clearly the reason why our solar system exists.
Now i see why GM killed the catfish. Any more LS1s on the streets and we could be knocked out of orbit.
Old 04-26-2014, 01:45 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

oh i get it. i never said that stalled autos werent fast from a dig. Oh they are, nasty in fact especially with a tire. However its just one pretty boring, and two what part of the win can you take credit for? "Damn bro way to keep the wheel pointed straight and push really hard on the gas!!!" But thats just me, rowing gears is my favorite part of racing. However if you like that my 90 year old grandma can get in your car and drive it to a mid 11 sec run at 109mph then thats cool for you.
Not a **** talker but I have to ask, your adamant about rowing gears, but looking at your sig times you are not very good at it... no? Your mph reflects you can't launch and bang gears.
Old 04-26-2014, 02:14 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by flattusmaximus78
Not a **** talker but I have to ask, your adamant about rowing gears, but looking at your sig times you are not very good at it... no? Your mph reflects you can't launch and bang gears.
I would be happy to answer fucktard. First im on street tires and my track isnt very sticky does that make sense? Second if i couldnt bang gears my MPH would be **** not good. I can bang gears buddy. Just have trouble getting grip. Working on getting some ET streets pretty soon to improve that. Thanks for asking tho.
Old 04-26-2014, 02:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 61 Likes on 50 Posts

Its not that easy to launch but I get your point. I want to win. If its easy to drive and anyone can do it I don't care. I can tell you from experience a stalled auto that hooks can outrun much faster cars. I beat a lot of terminators on the street from a dig and hurt feelings as well as m6 cammed cars. Plus the auto has less driveline shock so I can retain the ten bolt. It's not for everyone and some people can grow a big ego out of it which is displayed by a lot of members.
Old 04-26-2014, 02:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

I would be happy to answer fucktard. First im on street tires and my track isnt very sticky does that make sense? Second if i couldnt bang gears my MPH would be **** not good. I can bang gears buddy. Just have trouble getting grip. Working on getting some ET streets pretty soon to improve that. Thanks for asking tho.

Name calling=struck a nerve. Come on you are better than that.
Old 04-26-2014, 02:41 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Mike Morris
It's not for everyone and some people can grow a big ego out of it which is displayed by a lot of members.
Yeah it is on full display regularly. For the faster cobra running 10s auto swaps are becoming pretty damn popular. Guy on svtp with similar mods to be and an auto swap running 10s no problem.

Name calling=struck a nerve. Come on you are better than that.
Yeah i am better than that. I wont go edit it but it struck a nerve lol. Can always count on Mike Morris to bring us back to reality.
Old 04-26-2014, 02:47 PM
11 Second Club

Finally my turn to be entertained,
Old 04-26-2014, 03:23 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I feel like there are two different worlds out there. I am on this site and all i see is terminators and fords in general getting **** on regularly like they have anchors out their windows and in reverse. Then on SVTP i see the opposite Fords just shitting on slow crappy LS1s. Then there is the real world. I went to the track this past weekend. **** on every LS1 I raced 3 in total. Cammed GTO busses, Cammed Camaro slow as ***** trapped 111 killed it, and a Heads cam C5 corvette my closest of the day he trapped 117 but still beat him my 12.2 to his 12.4 plus i treed the **** out of him. Im glad i live in this world and not the LS1tech world.

Take it to Fontana at the end of June. I'll show you what a mild H/C LS should run

My brother has a bolt-on 6-speed LS1 Iroc(headers, tune, cold air intake) that will give you a run for your money
Old 04-26-2014, 04:57 PM
TECH Resident

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

Makes total sense and I can 2nd that. Ran my C5 at the track once only to see what it would do the exact same way as I drove it on the street, with non-DR street tires. At 414whp or 432whp (depending on which dyno), the 11.8 at 121mph (~1900 DA) was from a 2300rpm launch. Launching any higher then that resulted in blowing up the tires.

Not bad times with street tires 2003Cobro.
Old 04-26-2014, 07:20 PM
TECH Apprentice

Its pretty impressive how mad you get when I asked about your dedication to driving stick shift, and not being able to back it up.

Then you back it up with excuses.

And no it doesn't make sense. My non stalled auto summitomos went 11.7 @ 121 mph.

Enjoy banging gears behind the stalled/non-stalled auto car.

Don't get so mad next time when someone asks you a question
Old 04-26-2014, 08:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

Relax he said he overeacted. We all make mistakes,have bad days etc
Old 04-26-2014, 10:03 PM
Staging Lane

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

I agree 100% with stalled autos giving people big heads.
Old 04-26-2014, 11:44 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by LASTOFTHEBREED02T/A
I kind of have to agree with this... I've seen some cobros put some good numbers down, especially torque, yet are **** on the street.

Here is an example... Start video at 2:40 mins.

WS6, 5.0 Mustang, 1000 HP Z06s, 1190 HP Supra, Cobra, Thunderbird, Legacy GT, Civic, Diesel Truck - YouTube

Video is a lil off on hp... Some said it wasn't 520 as he claimed, but 505. Even still, it ran like total crapstang is known to run. I was at 427 at the time NA, no spray.
So when you say, "no spray" do you mean it in the same way as recently when you were caught lying about not spraying your car?..
Old 04-27-2014, 12:15 AM
Teching In

Its pretty impressive how mad you get when I asked about your dedication to driving stick shift, and not being able to back it up.

Then you back it up with excuses.

And no it doesn't make sense. My non stalled auto summitomos went 11.7 @ 121 mph.

Enjoy banging gears behind the stalled/non-stalled auto car.

Don't get so mad next time when someone asks you a question
121mph with 350 wheel? thats impressive.
Old 04-27-2014, 02:17 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Black Mare
So when you say, "no spray" do you mean it in the same way as recently when you were caught lying about not spraying your car?..
No spray in my ride now, and back those runs where before my wet kit, I had no fuel left/injector for the dry shot I had previous to these runs. So yes, I know it hurts... but I was NA.
Old 04-27-2014, 09:36 AM
TECH Apprentice

I didn't read his 2nd post. Still wouldn't change my response. I was never beyond relaxed when I wrote either posting.

I don't see how it wasn't an honest question. Nor was I a db in asking so. I have better things to do then try to upset people on car forums.
Old 04-27-2014, 04:02 PM
Teching In

I didn't read his 2nd post. Still wouldn't change my response. I was never beyond relaxed when I wrote either posting.

I don't see how it wasn't an honest question. Nor was I a db in asking so. I have better things to do then try to upset people on car forums.
Lol bullshit, you were trying to rustle his feathers and fishing to start drama. You dont say "looks like you cant bang gears or launch by your shitty traps" and then be like, "uh dude man i wasnt trying to start **** bro"

Quick Reply: 2004 M6 Cobra 100 shot Vs 2002 A4 T/A *GOTVIDSFINALLY* 7/29/12