STUPID PEOPLE (vent thread)

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2012, 02:14 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The sad thing is, most people weren't even trolling. Some were dead serious
Old 07-24-2012, 02:17 PM

Iv dealt with the worst kind of Retards in person, id take YouTube kids over "its a stock d series now but next month ill be running 8s on the 1/4" anyday...iv seen it on all sides of the field and its pretty bad.
Old 07-24-2012, 02:22 PM
Staging Lane

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

ADAMANTIUM, most of those "street" hondas are anything but. The 9 second NA civics are NOT even close to street cars in any sense of the word. I recently attended the FWD nationals at GLD and most of the "street" cars didn't even have alternators. Very few of them weighed over 1800lbs either. So quit quoting the 2 people on youtube that have done it in non street legal 1800lb cans.
Old 07-24-2012, 02:29 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by adamantium
There is a whole class for these low to mid 3xxwhp civics its alot more common than you think. Fastest one right now has broken into the 9s at like 135 if i remember right. Cars ARE street cars BUT by no means daily drivable. Studderin (member on here) has seen them run in person, he's ran against them ask him about them. Here are 2 setups almost identical.

Yeah i remember seeing that a year or 2 ago on nyce1s. His car was very light too.
I realize they're out there; what I was saying is 9 out of10 kids that say they have a 11-9 second honda are full of it.
Old 07-24-2012, 02:47 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by wooddaniel
I realize they're out there; what I was saying is 9 out of10 kids that say they have a 11-9 second honda are full of it.
I agree, that applies to ANY kid no matter what they drive. Ive meet ignorant domestic owners and ive meet ignorant import owners, only difference between the 2 are what they drive. Besides that they are still retards. MOST kids aren't capable of wrapping their head around how to make a civic move on motor.

Originally Posted by V8EATR
ADAMANTIUM, most of those "street" hondas are anything but. The 9 second NA civics are NOT even close to street cars in any sense of the word. I recently attended the FWD nationals at GLD and most of the "street" cars didn't even have alternators. Very few of them weighed over 1800lbs either. So quit quoting the 2 people on youtube that have done it in non street legal 1800lb cans.
FWD, naturally aspirated vehicles only.
-No external oil/vaccuum pumps or sumped setups.
-No Methanol/Alcohol allowed. E98 is NOT ALLOWED- We will be testing fuel
-Any race gas is permitted / E85 is allowed/ E98 is NOT ALLOWED- We will be testing fuel
-No one piece front ends allowed
-No Wheelie Bars
-Factory floorboard must be intact. ie: no back halving
-Engine/Transmission must be from same manufacturer
-No sequential transmissions
-H2B, H2D, F2K swaps are allowed
- No solid rear axles
-25 inch Tire limit

-LEXAN IS ALLOWED behind windshield - but you must meet weight requirements. WINDSHIELD MUST BE GLASS
-Race doors are allowed, but must have a handle on inside and out. This will eliminate some race doors. Gutted stock doors with lexan will be allowed as long as handle is present.

Weight Limits - Weight will be checked after each run

Honda:
2200lbs- J series
2100lbs - K series, F2K
1950lbs - H series
1900lbs - B series

That is the rules and weight limits for that class, this for the 2009 season which has been changed since then, its a bit more forgiving now. A normal honda civic cx weighs 2180lbs off the lot in 92-95.

The reason being why these cars are so gutted out is to compensate for the cage, swap, header, ITBs, faceplatted tranny, and the driver ofcourse.

As for the alternator comment they are doing that for ever inch of power not for actual weight, a honda alternator weighs like 5lbs.

You seem to have an obsession with always commenting on ANYTHING i have to say that involves hondas, again you don't know anything about hondas you should not comment on what is and what isn't in the honda world if you can't even tell the difference between a b-series and a d-series.

If my buddy ran 11.3 at 118 in a FULL TRIM civic EK (heavy) with e85, stock sleeves (std bore) and stock crank. what makes you think a civic cx (EG) that weighs 2180 (200lbs less than an EK hatch) without driver from factory not capable of running high tens with a more aggressive setup? It is what it is, believe what you will.

Edit: If you even read my previous comment you would realize i said they technically ARE street cars and stock chassis, but are they daily drivable? NO, no where near that. They have one purpose, to go down the track. Chassis wise they are exactly as they left the dealer. adding 200lbs or 300lbs to the car to add creature comforts will not kill 20mph, these cars in full trim are still capable of running high 10s.

You're confusing what i am saying.
You're on another planet if you think im unaware about the rules or about what it takes to get an all motor honda to do whatever, thats all i cared about when i owned my civics. I am an N/A guy, could careless for turbo cars.

Last edited by adamantium; 07-24-2012 at 02:56 PM.
Old 07-24-2012, 04:21 PM
Teching In

"I am an N/A guy, could careless for turbo cars."

Old 07-24-2012, 04:32 PM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah 2 or 3 people might have done it but it's not the norm... Most civics are 18 second shitboxes with fart cans on them. Very few are set up properly and fast. Most of it IS bullshit.
This guy said it best. Who gives a **** about some fully built gutted racecar? This is the street section. Not i put a tag on my gutted tin can and call it a dd if its really not. Dsm, you compare apples to oranges and are clueless.
Old 07-24-2012, 04:37 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by RyanO7
"I am an N/A guy, could careless for turbo cars."

Whats more impressive to you a turbo car that runs 10.xx at 130 or an all motor car that runs 10.xx at 130? Its alot easier to make a car fast with a power adder, which is why im more impressed by FAST all motor cars. Which is an obviously reason why i bought an LSx car.

Originally Posted by 92cobranotch
This guy said it best. Who gives a **** about some fully built gutted racecar? This is the street section. Not i put a tag on my gutted tin can and call it a dd if its really not. Dsm, you compare apples to oranges and are clueless.
I agree it is ALOT more impressive to have a full trim, daily driver do that. Which is why i bought a domestic what other cars can run 10s on motor and still drive like any other car on the street?
Old 07-24-2012, 04:40 PM
TECH Apprentice

true... a 10 second turbo car is quiet compared to a 10 second all motor car... my ears can't take that noise any more... dayum i'm gettin old...lol
Old 07-24-2012, 05:01 PM
Teching In

Whats more impressive to you a turbo car that runs 10.xx at 130 or an all motor car that runs 10.xx at 130? Its alot easier to make a car fast with a power adder, which is why im more impressed by FAST all motor cars. Which is an obviously reason why i bought an LSx car.
I'm more impressed by the car that can make 1000+ whp, regardless of how it got there.
Old 07-24-2012, 05:03 PM
TECH Resident

Yeah 2 or 3 people might have done it but it's not the norm... Most civics are 18 second shitboxes with fart cans on them. Very few are set up properly and fast. Most of it IS bullshit.
This is true. These runs never show up on youtube. If its not a shop-backed civic, or one thats had a couple grand dumped into it, and a couple pounds shaved off of it... It runs from 17 to 19.

I went to a test and tune once where there was these 2 honda guys talking about how they were going to run 13s with their intake exhaust setups... and both ran low 19s. It was painful, but even more painful was back at the lanes, where I listened to them make every excuse in the book and continue to do so for the remainder of their runs.

The issue isn't that thats what these cars run, and thats that. The issue is people believe K&N filters add 30 horsepower, people believe muffler deletes add 30 horsepower... and by the time all is said and done, these 160hp cars are damn near 300 horsepower from what the owner figures... Then they watch vids on youtube of modified cars and think theirs falls into the same category.

I've noticed that everyone becomes an expert on modifications on youtube. Have you seen the BRZ videos on youtube? The car runs 15s, gets murdered by a V6 Mustang in a road course, and DEMOLISHED in a drag race... and people are thinking that by turboing a 12.5:1 compressed engine, they are going to run 10s with a 3k turbo kit or some ****.

There is no winning on youtube, so don't try it.
Old 07-24-2012, 05:07 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by RyanO7
I'm more impressed by the car that can make 1000+ whp, regardless of how it got there.
Dyno queens eh? you must be into supras. lol jk

Originally Posted by odthetruth
This is true. These runs never show up on youtube. If its not a shop-backed civic, or one thats had a couple grand dumped into it, and a couple pounds shaved off of it... It runs from 17 to 19.

I went to a test and tune once where there was these 2 honda guys talking about how they were going to run 13s with their intake exhaust setups... and both ran low 19s. It was painful, but even more painful was back at the lanes, where I listened to them make every excuse in the book and continue to do so for the remainder of their runs.

The issue isn't that thats what these cars run, and thats that. The issue is people believe K&N filters add 30 horsepower, people believe muffler deletes add 30 horsepower... and by the time all is said and done, these 160hp cars are damn near 300 horsepower from what the owner figures... Then they watch vids on youtube of modified cars and think theirs falls into the same category.

I've noticed that everyone becomes an expert on modifications on youtube. Have you seen the BRZ videos on youtube? The car runs 15s, gets murdered by a V6 Mustang in a road course, and DEMOLISHED in a drag race... and people are thinking that by turboing a 12.5:1 compressed engine, they are going to run 10s with a 3k turbo kit or some ****.

There is no winning on youtube, so don't try it.

The FR-Z is a piece of junk it gets demolished by the s2000 in every scenario and the s2000 started being produced in 1999. You must be talking about stock civics there are plenty of FAST all motor civics, you probably can't tell the difference between whats a proper setup and a stock turd b-series swap. Stock swap k20s are high 12 second cars at 108-109ish. A friend of mine just ran 11.8 at 114 mph in a full interior full trim civic hatchback with a stock k24 bottom end and stock k20 head. If your trying to say that those hondas don't exist then look around you there all over the place. But like i said no one on here can even tell the difference between a stock turd b-series or a nicely done up b-series or k-series or even an h2b for that matter. lol those people you're talking about seem like ricer highschool kids.

Last edited by adamantium; 07-24-2012 at 05:14 PM.
Old 07-24-2012, 05:19 PM
Teching In

I agree, that applies to ANY kid no matter what they drive. Ive meet ignorant domestic owners and ive meet ignorant import owners, only difference between the 2 are what they drive. Besides that they are still retards. MOST kids aren't capable of wrapping their head around how to make a civic move on motor.

FWD, naturally aspirated vehicles only.
-No external oil/vaccuum pumps or sumped setups.
-No Methanol/Alcohol allowed. E98 is NOT ALLOWED- We will be testing fuel
-Any race gas is permitted / E85 is allowed/ E98 is NOT ALLOWED- We will be testing fuel
-No one piece front ends allowed
-No Wheelie Bars
-Factory floorboard must be intact. ie: no back halving
-Engine/Transmission must be from same manufacturer
-No sequential transmissions
-H2B, H2D, F2K swaps are allowed
- No solid rear axles
-25 inch Tire limit

-LEXAN IS ALLOWED behind windshield - but you must meet weight requirements. WINDSHIELD MUST BE GLASS
-Race doors are allowed, but must have a handle on inside and out. This will eliminate some race doors. Gutted stock doors with lexan will be allowed as long as handle is present.

Weight Limits - Weight will be checked after each run

Honda:
2200lbs- J series
2100lbs - K series, F2K
1950lbs - H series
1900lbs - B series

That is the rules and weight limits for that class, this for the 2009 season which has been changed since then, its a bit more forgiving now. A normal honda civic cx weighs 2180lbs off the lot in 92-95.

The reason being why these cars are so gutted out is to compensate for the cage, swap, header, ITBs, faceplatted tranny, and the driver ofcourse.

As for the alternator comment they are doing that for ever inch of power not for actual weight, a honda alternator weighs like 5lbs.

You seem to have an obsession with always commenting on ANYTHING i have to say that involves hondas, again you don't know anything about hondas you should not comment on what is and what isn't in the honda world if you can't even tell the difference between a b-series and a d-series.

If my buddy ran 11.3 at 118 in a FULL TRIM civic EK (heavy) with e85, stock sleeves (std bore) and stock crank. what makes you think a civic cx (EG) that weighs 2180 (200lbs less than an EK hatch) without driver from factory not capable of running high tens with a more aggressive setup? It is what it is, believe what you will.

Edit: If you even read my previous comment you would realize i said they technically ARE street cars and stock chassis, but are they daily drivable? NO, no where near that. They have one purpose, to go down the track. Chassis wise they are exactly as they left the dealer. adding 200lbs or 300lbs to the car to add creature comforts will not kill 20mph, these cars in full trim are still capable of running high 10s.

You're confusing what i am saying.
You're on another planet if you think im unaware about the rules or about what it takes to get an all motor honda to do whatever, thats all i cared about when i owned my civics. I am an N/A guy, could careless for turbo cars.
can you imagine a ls1 under theese same guide lines in a 1900 lb car? Think about that for a minute.
Old 07-24-2012, 05:21 PM
Teching In

What more do you need. Supras are the best...
"Awkward moment when a car that costs HALF The price of yours and STILL LOOKS BETTER, not to mention has a way bigger "wow look at that!" rather then "hey look, another Corvette... eh they're all over who cares... look a squirrel!" Not to mention with proper tuning Supra's slay Lamborghinis and stay reliable and keep up with all the new technology even though they are almost 10 years old... Supra > Whorevette."

I don't know why anyone would want a Slovette when they can have a Supra for far less and own anything on the dyno.

Old 07-24-2012, 05:28 PM
Teching In

can you imagine a ls1 under theese same guide lines in a 1900 lb car? Think about that for a minute.
I'd hate to use it as a "street" car. I'd die if there was even a chance of rain.

It would suck having to be towed home all the time because I pulled the alternator out to save a few HP from the parasitic loss.
Old 07-24-2012, 05:38 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by 92cobranotch
lol bro thats what i thought! a stock swap ls1 in a s13 at that weight would do damage! theres an auto one down here with stock manifolds and intake and exhaust and built tranny and it destroyed a 3v mustang on a 150shot. power to weight is a bitch!
Old 07-24-2012, 05:45 PM
TECH Regular

That's why ls+rx7=rape. But everybody is right, it is impossible to win an arguement with an idiot. Every last damn video is full of idiots who idolize F&F commenting.
Old 07-24-2012, 06:40 PM
Staging Lane

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

So how exactly is a car without an alternator a street car? I must have missed that
Old 07-24-2012, 08:26 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by V8EATR
So how exactly is a car without an alternator a street car? I must have missed that
Battery powered cars. But they need recharged after 60 miles. Ever see electric cars run at the drag strip that look like a lotus? Those ******* are surprising